RETIRED: The *Official* Giveaway Thread *Keep Off-Topic Chatter to Minimum*
If you require some information from the old thread, it is available for future reference, right here.
Please keep the side talk to a minimum.
This was originally a thread clothos1964 started to give away some free stuff that could be PM'd or mailed in a SASE, like codes or GC's or movie tickets or free product coupons.
There are now rules for the thread that are usually posted below. These rules are SD rules, as well as specific mod rules that may be updated or changed by them at any time and with additional rules added as they see fit, either posted here or in a regular post to the thread. These rules will be enforced by a mod if so desired, so please abide by them to keep the thread running smoothly with minimal trouble or arguments. Any complaints, suggestions, or questions about the thread should be addressed to a mod and not to me, as I merely started the thread but have no control over it's rules nor it's allowed content. Try to be generous, respectful, polite..... and have fun.
SPECIFIC MOD RULES:
* All SD Rules apply to this thread
* Do not offer Referrals/Payment for items.
* Do not send/request money for shipping costs. This includes PayPal to cover "shipping" costs.
* Do not publicly discriminate against other members. If you wish to screen, please do it via PM.
* Please use the PM system for all giveaways. Don't clutter the boards with replies.
* Do not use reputation points as part of a trade/payment. That's not what the system is here for.
* Anyone found using a duplicate account in order to trade offers & boost post counts will be banned!
* Please keep the off topic chit chat to a minimum
* If any problems arise, use the Mod Alert function to bring it to our attention
This is for giving away free stuff that could be private messaged or mailed in a SASE (codes, GC's, movie tickets, free product coupons, etc). DO NOT request codes, coupons, etc.
I have to ask you all, do not send money to people because of trades. I know that some people may not be able to cover shipping costs, but this is for everyone's safety.
There have been some really deceptive people on SD in the past. They have voiced a sad situation in their lives, and the good natured people of SD have tried to help them. This included sending money. With much investigation, a lot of these people's stories turned out to be fake. They took advantage of the nice people here.
I do not wish that to happen in this thread. So do not send any money to people. I don't see anything wrong with SASE, but no cash, paypal, etc.
added: this is a friendly request from the mods and some of the users in this thread. please keep the 'bumpings' of your contest to a minimum. some are super long and then with the new names added throughout the day, it can double its size of the post making it a 'scrolling-chore', so to speak. the regulars in this thread check it all the time so it's not that they will be missing anything if you forego a 'contest bump'.
or here's another suggestion....just hyperlink back to the original post describing the contest. no need to quote/reply the actual post.
this is just a request to be courteous to other users who are on dial-up or have a slower connection.
System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
May 19, 2008, 3:00 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
* First, weigh the final box.. (you can weigh it at the post office without actually mailing it).. you might consider putting the weight right on your "offer" or "contest" post, so that entrants can estimate the postage cost before deciding to enter..
* Then, go to USPS.com and use the weight, your zip code, and the winner's zip code to see if is cheaper to use a priority flat rate box or just send it priority (sometimes the flat-rate box actually costs more than to use a regular priority box and regular priority mail)..
* Then, email the "winner" with the weight, your mailing/sending address, the zip code of the post office that you will be mailing it from, and whether you or not you are using a flat-rate box..
* The winner can go to USPS.com, click on "print a shipping label" and use the information that you provided to purchase a prepaid priority mailing label (with credit card)...
* BTW: when you buy the label online, delivery confirmation is FREE
* The winner can then print and send you the prepaid label
** The label can only be used to mail an item to and from the address that the winner specifies.. (i.e. It cannot be redeemed for cash by you), and the label can be cancelled for a refund by the winner if there is a problem later on..Ta-Da - problem solved *cnct_agl takes a bow*
Quote from Aeris :PayPal shipping is usually available when you sell something on Ebay, but I found the link on Slickdeals where you can just go to this address and print the labels without having to sell anything on Ebay. This way I can save time and money to go to post office and mail all my packages from home.
Here's the address: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin...=_ship-now
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.