Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Samsung 50" PN50B530 1080p Plasma HDTV + Samsung HT-Z320 5.1 DVD/DivX Home Theater System $776 Or $753 (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/1666021-samsung-50-pn50b530-1080p-plasma-hdtv-samsung-ht-z320-5-1-dvd-divx-home-theater-system-776-or-753)

catalyst499 11-15-2009 07:22 AM

Samsung 50" PN50B530 1080p Plasma HDTV + Samsung HT-Z320 5.1 DVD/DivX Home Theater System $776 Or $753

Folks, I am in the market for a new plasma. Wondering which one to go for, the TCP50X1 or the Samsung 50 inch plasma with FREE Home theater system. Both are tempting deals....however unable to make up my mind :)

Panasonic 50 inch plasma(TCP50X1): http://accessories.us.dell.com/sn...u=A2612466

Samsung 50 inch plasma(PN50BHTZ320):http://accessories.us.dell.com/sn...u=A3256426

Your insight will be highly appreciated as I am a little confused on which one to go for.

Thanks!!

July 12, 2010, 3:01 pm: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.

iconian 11-15-2009 07:22 AM

Samsung 50" PN50B530 1080p Plasma HDTV + Samsung HT-Z320 5.1 DVD/DivX Home Theater System $776 Or $753

1 Attachment(s)
Dell Home has Samsung 50" PN50B530 1080p Plasma HDTV & Samsung HT-Z320 5.1 DVD Home Theater System with DivX/Xvid Playback and iPod Dock for $776 ($753 w/ DPA) with free shipping. Lowest on Google Products from the reliable sellers lfor the TV is $1000 and for Theater System is $229. Thank you catalyst499

TV Specs
  • Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Tuner: ATSC/NTSC/QAM
  • Inputs:
    • 3x HDMI
    • 2x Component
    • 1x Composite
    • 1x VGA PC)
    • 1x Antenna (RF)
HT System Specs
  • 5.1 System
  • Upscaling DVD Player w/ DivX/Xvid playback
  • iPod Dock
  • FM Tuner
If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3%, here is how:
  1. During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
  2. Click "Change Payment Type"
  3. Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
  4. Under "Save 3% with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout)" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this Offer" link
  5. Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
  6. Checkout, enjoy your 3% savings

wikipost 11-15-2009 07:22 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

After your tv is delivered, go HERE for setup, questions, calibration, etc.
++++++++---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------++++++++

If you have ordered this combo, please answer this poll.

++++++++---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------++++++++

Orders have started to ship. Some people have received the TV and HT. Enjoy...mupals
Please enter your shipping information here :Google Spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/cc...3UGc&hl=en
======================================================================================
To check shipping status from Pilot (vendor):
here's how you can get your tracking number if your order has shipped from Pilot (likely so if it shipped 12/3):

-Go to your order status page from your email confirmation.
-Click 'Invoices' and log in.
-Copy your 'Waybill number' and paste under 'Quick Track' at http://www.pilotair.com/ and search. You can also call them at 866-421-0982.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link to optical cable to connect TV to HT to get audio from 5.1 HT...
You probably want the 6 ft one:
http://www.monoprice.com/products...1&format=2
Link to 3 ft cable (kinda short):
http://www.monoprice.com/products...1&format=1

Question: can you use regular RCA cables to connect from TV-out to HT-in and still get 5.1 surround? Or will that only give me 2.1? Do I HAVE to get optical cable for 5.1?
Answer: yes, you need an optical cable (TOSLINK) to get 5.1 sound from the TV-out. RCA cables will only give you stereo sound.
But please note that some TV broadcasts are still only in stereo (2.1), not 5.1. In this case, even if you do hook up the TOSLINK optical audio cable from the TV-out to HT-in, you will only hear it coming out of the front left and right speakers.

Note that this TV definitely does NOT have a PC input/VGA/D-sub. The description in the front page is WRONG! Q&A section on samsung's website confirms this:
http://www.samsung.com/us/consume...&tab=forum

Calibration Settings [plasmatvbuyingguide.com]

Quote:

"HDMI black level" should be set to normal, otherwise you will lose important shadow detailing. Colour space should be set auto in order to prevent the TV from using a extended colour gamut resulting in too saturated and unnatural colours.
Quote:

Plasma Break-In

Like a fine new automobile, the performance of a plasma TV can be
optimized by allowing a break-in period. By properly following these simple
break-in instructions, you should be rewarded with long-term enjoyment of
your plasma TV.

Plasma phosphors are most susceptible to image retention in the first
hundred hours of use. The panel becomes considerably less sensitive to
burn-in after this period.

Very often, televisions, including plasma, are shipped from the factory with
the contrast control at a high setting to provide a bright picture under typical
dealer showroom lighting conditions. In your home, the room light levels are
usually one half or less than that in retail showrooms. The contrast control
may need to be lowered in your home for comfortable contrast levels that do
not induce eye strain.

When the plasma is initially installed, videophiles say it is best to do the
following:

* Make sure the display is in a viewing mode (aspect ratio) that completely
fills the screen (there are often three or more settings from which to
choose).

* Turn down the picture control (contrast) to 50% or less.

* Briefly engage the 4:3 mode to confirm the side bars are set to mid-gray
(there is usually an adjustment in the Set Up menu that takes the
sidebars from black to gray) to minimize the chance of burn-in.

* Return the set to a “full screen” (Just, Zoom, Full) position during the
first hundred hours of use.

* During the first hundred hours of use it is best not to view the same
channel for extended periods. This should prevent channel logos and
other fixed images found on some channels from being retained.

* Avoid any static images (video games, computer images, DVD title
screens, etc.) during the hundred-hour break-in.

After the hundred-hour break-in period, during the next nine-hundred hours:

* Continue to retain the picture setting at 50% or less.

* Limit the use of 4:3 aspect ratio mode (traditional picture size that does
not fill the entire screen) to 15% of viewing time.

* Limit the use of static images (computer, video games, etc.) to less than
10% of viewing time.

After one-thousand viewing hours, panels are much less likely to experience
image burn-in.
From the AVS forums, here's a free break-in disc! [avsforum.com] It is recommended you do this step because it can reduce your risk of burn-in.

Should you want to do your own calibration, here's the free AVSForum calibration disc in multiple formats. [avsforum.com] Download, burn to dvd, and enjoy!

but WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT TO A/B560??? (below)
It seems (according to the AVS forums) that you can turn this one into an "A/B560":
Credits to "pbc" at the AVS for the following info and settings:
To get into the service menu; Make sure that the TV is fully off then press the following on your remote:Mute, then 1-8-2 followed by power on your remote
Once in the Service Menu, press enter on options. On the next screen go to model and simply select A560. REMEMBER: all your settings will now be factory default.

From Samsung Website:
A: There are a few differences between the B550 and the B530 Samsung Plasma TVs:
1) The B550 offers a Touch of Color Charcoal Gray.
2) The B550 offers USB2.0 which allows you to view pictures and listen to MP3s via a usb device.
3) The B550 offers one extra HDMI and Composite connection along the side.
4) The B550 also offers one PC connection (RGB D-sub)
-MrSamsung

another Calibration link posted in the thread:
samsung-pn50b550-review [plasmatvbuyingguide.com]

*** ALERT ***
This is a must if you still want this package:

I had the following message displayed when I was trying to see the status of my order:
When I logged in to my dell account just now, there was a message with the following:

Due to unforeseen circumstance, we have experienced another delay with your order number XXXXXXXXX. Our new anticipated ship date will be on or before 11/19/2009. Due to this additional delay, the Federal Trade Commission requires we receive your consent to continue with this order else we will be forced to cancel the order automatically.

You must choose one of the following Links:
Consent to this delay and continue with this order
Help
Consent to this delay and all future delays and continue with this order
Help
Cancel this order
Help

Dell is trying to cancel these orders any way they can! Go to your order status page and consent to delayed delivery immediately, or your order may be canceled--you will not receive an email notification!! - jperlin

Dell automated customer service number (to check on order status): 1-800-433-9014

Order Status Google Spreadsheet
http://spreadsheets.google.com/cc...3UGc&hl=en

This thread is getting too big with discussions about order status, created this new thread for people who have already received their TVs and are ready to set it up:
Tech Support thread for setup: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1717146

txp135 11-15-2009 07:44 AM

This isn't the "confused" forum, this is the "Hot Deals" forum. You should delete this and repost in "Deal Talk".

Spazbyte 11-15-2009 08:58 AM

OK, I pullled the trigger on the Panasonic. I signed up for the DPA, but their system is updating so it wouldn't let me log in, urggg... I called them and explained that I wanted to order on line for the, to get the BCB, which would have been around 32xx dollars. Since I couldn't log in, the CSR gave me a $75 gift card, so I doubled my CB and can use it to buy the cables. So out the door, because of tax, was $831.36. So before tax, it came out:

TV - $669.00
3 yr warranty - 99.00
Total $768.00
Gift Card - 75.00
Out the door, before tax, $693.00

rvmehta 01-06-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john94si (Post 26368232)
sorry i didnt even check mine.. i just DL the newest firmware on samsung site then loaded it on USB and updated it.. ill check later what version i am on now

okay. i did not update the firmware. mine came with 1020.0 ... samsung's website has 1018.1.

so using 1020.0, i was able to easily change it to the PB560 and now Media Play through USB works! high resolution photos look amazing. and the MP3s work also.

if anyone figures out how to play video, let me know!!

Septu 01-06-2010 01:07 PM

So my shipping status says I should be getting an HT system today, wonder which one it will be....

Anyone else get theirs recently? HT I mean.

Giants85 01-06-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Septu (Post 26406809)
So my shipping status says I should be getting an HT system today, wonder which one it will be....

Anyone else get theirs recently? HT I mean.

I received mine on Monday, it was the HTZ420.

BTs4me 01-07-2010 06:01 PM

and here comes 3D

in case you haven't heard the news from the opening of the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas today, read on... [com.au].

(Sorry, it's my fault, I pulled the trigger on this deal and BAM! new technology announced a month later! :shake: :rolleyes:

YellowSnow4 01-07-2010 06:57 PM

Yah, good luck finding a 50" 3d TV for $750.

Anyone get their Discover CB yet? I haven't and my statement just came. Guess I have to call them.

DefendFreedom 01-07-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowSnow4 (Post 26452033)

Anyone get their Discover CB yet? I haven't and my statement just came. Guess I have to call them.

Got my satement but no CB, not happy!

:(

mrpaul1112 01-07-2010 09:07 PM

Has anybody tried to use their iPhone on the sound system? It says the iPhone is supported but I can't get it to work. Is there a trick to it?

haloguy 01-07-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Also, I think the tech requires shutter shades, which are too expensive. Not the kanye west type, they actually put a shutter over one eye for one frame, than the other for the next, so both eyes see a different picture.

DefendFreedom 01-09-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefendFreedom (Post 26454415)

from Discover...

Quote:

Thank you for your message regarding your Cashback Bonus Reward. I will be happy to assist you today!

When you make a purchase through ShopDiscover, please allow approximately eight weeks for the additional Cashback Bonus Reward to be added to your Discover Card Account. Your Cashback Bonus information is updated once a month, on your statement closing date.

MR2NR 01-10-2010 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BTs4me (Post 26450283)
in case you haven't heard the news from the opening of the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas today, read on... [com.au].

(Sorry, it's my fault, I pulled the trigger on this deal and BAM! new technology announced a month later! :shake: :rolleyes:

I think 3D should be left at the movies It's nice for a thrill but until holograms come out I doubt we will pay :).

But do you really want to look like this every time you watch TV???!!!

MR2NR 01-10-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

More like $550 after selling the HT:woot:

shoppings 01-10-2010 09:41 AM

Anyone tried to output the digital vedio/audio signals from a computer to the TV/a receiver? My PC only has HDMI and not toslink. Is the only option to use HDMI to HDMI+toslink switch?

ranger169 01-11-2010 06:43 AM

Anyone receive a replacement TV that was defective? I got my replacement during the holidays and was out of town, came home, set it up, turned it on and have burnt in images on a "Brand New" TV according to Dell. I have contacted Brad, my CSR and one other rep. that I dealt with. No one will return my call! WTH!! This is unbelieveable!!

interfan 01-12-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpaul1112 (Post 26455319)
Has anybody tried to use their iPhone on the sound system? It says the iPhone is supported but I can't get it to work. Is there a trick to it?

I had trouble with that too. You have to connect the yellow (video) cable that was supplied and set the TV source to A/V.

Giants85 01-13-2010 12:45 PM

2 Days until I can cash out my BCB for this deal!!!

I lied...1 day!!

HokiesRespect 01-14-2010 06:12 AM

BLu-Ray Player???

I finally received my $75.00 gift cert for opening a DPA. I need a BD player with Netflix streaming capability. I wish I could afford LG BD390 :( or PS3 :mad: but I am not a big gamer and I already own Wii and then bought XBox 360 during Walmart's $100 deal.
So I guess I'll have to settle for a basic Blu-Ray player. I am thinking of getting Samsung BD-P1600 from Dell, so I'll be paying only $75.00 out-of-pocket for it. I know it is not the best out there, I know it's a Samsung, I know it does not have Wi-fi, but money is a real constraint right now.
Thoughts? Do I have a better option?

I would also like to know what y'all did with the gift cert if you got one. Thanks in advance.

DefendFreedom 01-14-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokiesRespect (Post 26629395)
I finally received my $75.00 gift cert for opening a DPA. I need a BD player with Netflix streaming capability. I wish I could afford LG BD390 :( or PS3 :mad: but I am not a big gamer and I already own Wii and then bought XBox 360 during Walmart's $100 deal.
So I guess I'll have to settle for a basic Blu-Ray player. I am thinking of getting Samsung BD-P1600 from Dell, so I'll be paying only $75.00 out-of-pocket for it. I know it is not the best out there, I know it's a Samsung, I know it does not have Wi-fi, but money is a real constraint right now.
Thoughts? Do I have a better option?

I would also like to know what y'all did with the gift cert if you got one. Thanks in advance.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1806297

save your money until you can afford what you want...this will hold you over until then...

I think I paid around $115 for the BD-P1600 recently so maybe that's more incentive to wait for what you want...

HokiesRespect 01-14-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefendFreedom (Post 26629559)
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1806297

save your money until you can afford what you want...this will hold you over until then...

I think I paid around $115 for the BD-P1600 recently so maybe that's more incentive to wait for what you want...

Thanks for replying.
Wow - where (edit never mind, found the thread) did you buy BD-P1600 for $115? New? How do you like it?
The gift cert has expiry in March, I guess I "could" wait.

DefendFreedom 01-14-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokiesRespect (Post 26629879)
Thanks for replying.
Wow - where did you buy BD-P1600 for $115? New? How do you like it?
The gift cert has expiry in March, I guess I "could" wait.

Worst Buy...

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1758728

My order total was $136.62 and I got a $20 gift card with it. Plus a little Bing cashback on top.

I got in on this deal from Dell for the Samsung TV/HTS and I wanted to get a matching Samsung BR player. I like it. One drawback is you need a a wireless adapter which runs about $75 to stream Netflix unless you connect it with a cable which I do.

huntley 01-14-2010 06:56 AM

I just requested my Bing Cashback from this purchase to go to my checking account today. I received an email from Bing this morning that said it was available, so I started the process for them to transfer the money to me. This is my first Bing transaction. I hope they all work like this!

BTs4me 01-14-2010 09:29 PM

just transferred my BING savings into my checking account! yeahhhhhhhhh! thanks again to the OP... loving my Sammy even if it isn't 3d! (and yeah, I agree - who wants to wear 3D glasses all the time while watching tv anyway?!)

have a great life with your new Sammy everyone......

rvmehta 01-15-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2NR (Post 26516553)
More like $550 after selling the HT:woot:

840 charged to card minus 180 for selling HT on craigslist minus 84 for 10% discover cashback - can't beat that.

mlydle 01-17-2010 11:32 PM

I ended up getting $260 for the HT-Z520 and bought the 5 Energy speakers from NewEgg for $120, $100 for a 2 year old Yamaha, and a Energy subwoofer for $100. Total $320 - the $260 = $60 to get the Energy/Yamaha setup. $860 for the whole setup w/ BCB, taxes, etc..

bubbagumper6 01-18-2010 04:11 AM

I've got my HT-Z420 listed for $250 on craigslist and the best offer I've gotten was $200, I keep getting emails with people offering me like $100 :mad:

syn0s 01-22-2010 09:06 PM

I sold my HT-Z320 system on Craigslist only a few days after receiving it for $150 cash. My total out of pocket cost is about $625, which I'm more than happy with.

So far been really enjoying the TV. Put it through about 40 or 50 hours of break in, then I've been doing nothing on it but playing games, actually. Have noticed some image retention, and it was pretty drastic during the first 20-30 hours of gaming, but now it's gotten significantly better it seems.

I've got my contrast on 45 and brightness on 70 with a cell light of 7 and it's just barely not dark enough for things to be visible. I think I'm around 80 or 90 hours total now, so I think I may start to open it up and raise the contrast and brightness in another week or two.

Overall I'm super happy with it. :woot:

bubbagumper6 01-22-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syn0s (Post 26881505)
I sold my HT-Z320 system on Craigslist only a few days after receiving it for $150 cash. My total out of pocket cost is about $625, which I'm more than happy with.

So far been really enjoying the TV. Put it through about 40 or 50 hours of break in, then I've been doing nothing on it but playing games, actually. Have noticed some image retention, and it was pretty drastic during the first 20-30 hours of gaming, but now it's gotten significantly better it seems.

I've got my contrast on 45 and brightness on 70 with a cell light of 7 and it's just barely not dark enough for things to be visible. I think I'm around 80 or 90 hours total now, so I think I may start to open it up and raise the contrast and brightness in another week or two.

Overall I'm super happy with it. :woot:

lol, I've had my contrast on like 90 since day 1....have had some minor IR (from playing videogames) but it went away after I turned it to regular TV. I think this whole "break-in" thing is crap.

BTs4me 01-22-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 (Post 26881755)
lol, I've had my contrast on like 90 since day 1....have had some minor IR (from playing videogames) but it went away after I turned it to regular TV. I think this whole "break-in" thing is crap.

me too! mine's been on 90 the whole time. Don't play video games on it but don't see any IR.

Darkstar3330 01-23-2010 10:00 AM

i would have to say 60% of my tv use time has been on games and i only get minimal IR with the settings high. I can say that after playing cod4 when first got it, and playing it now, the IR is not as noticeable nor does it stick around as long (4 hours with a hub on the screen goes away in about 30 seconds). and i agree, i love this tv!!

cheapowest 01-24-2010 04:50 PM

Omg!!

Freakin' a.. I just noticed my set has three dead pixels on the right side of the screen. Im never buying a samsung ever again! You guys should check your sets. These TVs are all defects!

Giants85 01-24-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapowest (Post 26917501)
Freakin' a.. I just noticed my set has three dead pixels on the right side of the screen. Im never buying a samsung ever again! You guys should check your sets. These TVs are all defects!

This is a joke right?

While dead pixels are annoying, I too have 3 dead pixels on my set, I wouldn't call these all defects.

1-3 dead pixels is actually normal among plasmas, well maybe not normal. But acceptable.

If it isn't impacting normal viewing then live with it. Don't think there is much Samsung or any other manufacturer would do about 3 dead pixels, just concentrate on the other 2 million+ pixels and leave those 3 alone!

MR2NR 01-26-2010 08:03 AM

Ive found a quirky feature of my TV. It's turning on by itself once a week and no it doesn't have a timer set. I have three remotes that can turn it on though but I am making sure they are out of the room every night :). Is this happening to anybody else? I have dish and the prompt is IRd a little but I would really hate for it to come on over the weekend. I'm unplugging it but am afraid I will forget.

Darkstar3330 01-26-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2NR (Post 26963247)
Ive found a quirky feature of my TV. It's turning on by itself once a week and no it doesn't have a timer set. I have three remotes that can turn it on though but I am making sure they are out of the room every night :). Is this happening to anybody else? I have dish and the prompt is IRd a little but I would really hate for it to come on over the weekend. I'm unplugging it but am afraid I will forget.

HOLY CRAP!!! you got a possessed tv!!! :omg: I'd contact one of those exorcism people immediately.

bubbagumper6 01-26-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkstar3330 (Post 26973087)
HOLY CRAP!!! you got a possessed tv!!! :omg: I'd contact one of those exorcism people immediately.

...you mean a priest?

Darkstar3330 01-26-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 (Post 26973551)
...you mean a priest?

No, i mean the crazy people on tv late at night who can speak to ghost and go into houses looking for video proof. Priests would be more efficient, but i mean come on, what ever ghost is trying ta watch tv should be captured for all to see.... no, wait!!! call the freaking GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!!! screw priests and late night tv jokers, get the real professionals in there!!!

hilarios 01-26-2010 04:41 PM

when i lived in my apartment and had dish tv, my 60" samsung would turn OFF when we were watching it and back on by itself... havent noticed it since we moved into a house and got uverse.

ShinraRasengan 01-26-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2NR (Post 26963247)

Wow, I'm sure u are thrilled bu the responses received so far...

Anyways, I have been experiencing something similar... one thing is, I am also on DISH, and the REMOTE TV's, both of them sometimes turn on by themselves.... in fact my roommate's is on again and he has been gone for 3 days, thank for reminding me to turn that off.... also on my main TV, not remote, the TV input keeps changing from HDMI to TV about once every 5 days or so when I am watching, which is a bit annoying, but nothing serious. I never had such problems with Directv, and I never hear about this problem from all my Comcast clients... I think it is a defect with the DISH remote or feature. Then again, I dont remember this happening with my old Viera, but I only had DISH with that TV for like 3 weeks.

I am switching back to Directv soon, DISH sucks anyways, so we'll see if that corrects it all.

DefendFreedom 02-13-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefendFreedom (Post 26454415)

Did NOT get my cashback from Discover on this statement either...check your statements!

YellowSnow4 02-14-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefendFreedom (Post 27475077)
Did NOT get my cashback from Discover on this statement either...check your statements!

Me neither. Called, fwd'd to a supervisor. Emailed her a PDF of the statement as she requested Friday. She confirmed receipt. No update yet.

She said I didn't click through the website properly as per her records, but I assured her I was very careful to do so.

I didn't try Bing or anything.

Giants85 02-23-2010 04:29 PM

Hey everyone, just a heads up for those that put this on a DPA card and were expecting no interest for 12 months.

When I went to look at my statement I saw that they actually applied a finance charge, I called up (800-283-2210) and told them about this and the CSR was able to switch my account to the promotional credit plan.

Any finance charges are supposed to fall off on my next statement, we'll see what actually happens.

So check your statements carefully.

Just more Dell bullshit...

rvmehta 03-05-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowSnow4 (Post 27513993)
Me neither. Called, fwd'd to a supervisor. Emailed her a PDF of the statement as she requested Friday. She confirmed receipt. No update yet.

She said I didn't click through the website properly as per her records, but I assured her I was very careful to do so.

same issue here....just talked to an agent... said to fax my receipt with a note on there...

details:

fax to: 623-643-5062
attn: cashback bonus
write 16 digit cc number
write short note explaining issue

has anyone had luck getting the discover CB? for me, it's $84.00 so I'm not letting up on this.

DefendFreedom 03-06-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowSnow4 (Post 27513993)

frustrating to say the least...I've gotten every casback from Discover and I'll get this one too...not going to give up! I was told to fax my receipt...they didn't have an email I could send the pdf...what a joke...

what email did you use?

azndragon04 03-07-2010 10:08 PM

I ended up mailing in mine. Nothing yet. :(

Phillydude411 03-17-2010 09:11 AM

Used Discover - I had to fax my documents and note, did that in January and received 5% cashback on my Feb statement. Called again and told them that the cashback should have been 10% and not 5%, which got escaladed to supervisor. Got the other 5% on my March statement! The 10% was on the price excluding Tax and not total amount, so added up to about $77.

YellowSnow4 03-17-2010 09:15 AM

^I'm still waiting for my Discover CB. Supposedly they're still evaluating it. I'll be pissed if after all this waiting, they only give me 5%.

rvmehta 03-18-2010 03:50 PM

after faxing, it's been issued to me as of 3/15. of course I can't see it until my statement posts, which is on April 4, but I was told that the amount is $79.35 which is my total purchase price minus tax.

ugh.... this has been the longest and most grueling purchase of my life, but I do love my TV!

ss.camaro 03-19-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefendFreedom (Post 28042862)
frustrating to say the least...I've gotten every casback from Discover and I'll get this one too...not going to give up! I was told to fax my receipt...they didn't have an email I could send the pdf...what a joke...

what email did you use?

Same here.
I also informed them in early December 09 that I didnt receive any acknowledgment that the CB was initiated. I was told not to worry. Ill see the money in ~8 weeks, if not let them know.
I did let them know twice before they requested the invoice. Faxed it to them last week, no response Yet.
Id give MS a big + on their handling of CBs as far as engaging the customer in acknowledgement, record tracking on Bing, and responsiveness.
Ill probably never use Discover CB again; its a farce to us, and to them.

vMAC 03-25-2010 12:09 PM

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue with the TV but mine just had to have it's first service call. Do a search on Google and this problem comes up all over.

I'm getting the "Not Available" message in the middle of the screen when using the TV with the TV speakers turned off. (As I have a receiver that is hooked up I don't need the TV speakers) Along with this problem the remote will not turn the TV on and once the TV is on it will not process any commands via remote. If I turn on the TV sound the TV will remove the "Not Available" message but will still not accept remote commands and will put up the volume bar vertically on the left hand side of the screen.
Called Samsung and they stated the board on the TV has went out so they sent out another board (should have been here yesterday, the service guy is coming tomorrow). They also said that the button on the front of the TV could be stuck (which would be interesting as we don't touch the TV like ever).

Just FYI for others who bought this TV. Good things it's in warranty the board is $480.

YellowSnow4 04-01-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowSnow4 (Post 28330438)
^I'm still waiting for my Discover CB. Supposedly they're still evaluating it. I'll be pissed if after all this waiting, they only give me 5%.

Supposedly the 10% rebate will FINALLY be on my next statement. Discover is slower than Dell. :lol:

DefendFreedom 04-07-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss.camaro (Post 28391002)
Same here.
I also informed them in early December 09 that I didnt receive any acknowledgment that the CB was initiated. I was told not to worry. Ill see the money in ~8 weeks, if not let them know.
I did let them know twice before they requested the invoice. Faxed it to them last week, no response Yet.
Id give MS a big + on their handling of CBs as far as engaging the customer in acknowledgement, record tracking on Bing, and responsiveness.
Ill probably never use Discover CB again; its a farce to us, and to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowSnow4 (Post 28750270)
Supposedly the 10% rebate will FINALLY be on my next statement. Discover is slower than Dell. :lol:

FINALLY...my cashback showed today on my statement!

YellowSnow4 04-07-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefendFreedom (Post 28889790)
FINALLY...my cashback showed today on my statement!

Me too! About damn time! :)

Has anyone using both the HTiaB and the TV in this deal found a good solution to get true 5.1 from all devices, HDMI or Toslink? I know Monoprice doesn't have anything that works for me. The Toslink switches or the cables aren't working right.