Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Heads up: $10 Kohl's gift card in the mail (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/1706549-heads-up-10-kohl-s-gift-card-in-the-mail)

spiffy74 11-28-2009 11:47 AM

Heads up: $10 Kohl's gift card in the mail

Don't be disappointed if you don't get it today - it's marked for delivery Nov. 30 - Dec. 2.

This particular circular was addressed to a person who does not have a Kohl's Charge card.

The ad is in the form of a folder about 10.25" by 3.75"
The card is taped to the flier on the side with addresses.

OFFER VALID THURS., DEC.3-SAT., DEC.12, 2009, IN STORE ONLY.
Offer valid on minimum $10 purchases with any tender type. No cash back. Offer is non-transferable and can be combined with any other offers. $10 Gift will be applied to prior to percent-off total purchase discounts. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Only one $10 Gift can be redeemed per person. Offer good on all sale-, regular- and clearance-priced merchandise. Offer not valid for price adjustments on previous purchases, on Gift Card purchases or for payment on a Kohl's Charge account. Offer also not valid on purchases of Kohl's Cares for Kids merchandise or other charitable items. See store for details.

PLUS, SAVE AN EXTRA 20% on your first days' purchases when you open a Kohl's Charge DEC.3-12, 2009

aiham78 11-28-2009 03:36 PM

oh man, I just hate those mail head ups, who wouldn't check his mail?

it is like saying "Heads up, you must eat to live"

TD

spiffy74 11-28-2009 04:07 PM

Yeah, like no one ever throws away junk mail without reading it, genius. :lol:

fyu 11-28-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiffy74 (Post 25151439)

then its their own fault for throwing away their mail.

Kay12 11-28-2009 04:28 PM

i missed using an $10 off card that expired nov 25th, do you think kohls CS would accept it, just in case.. i forgot to use it. Any idea folks???

christagood 11-28-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay12 (Post 25151969)
i missed using an $10 off card that expired nov 25th, do you think kohls CS would accept it, just in case.. i forgot to use it. Any idea folks???

there is no harm in trying would try on more than 10.00 item though

cloberintime 11-28-2009 05:26 PM

you can't miss this one. i delivered them today.

drymonkey 11-28-2009 05:27 PM

I recently got a 10 off 10 coupon through email. Hopefully, I can get this as well.

bmommy 11-28-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25150605)
oh man, I just hate those mail head ups, who wouldn't check his mail?

it is like saying "Heads up, you must eat to live"

TD

you must not get much mail, or you have a lot of free time to do things like open junk mail. Our mail piles up. We grab important stuff out of it and the junk mail sits. With jobs, families, life, health, etc., getting to the junk mail isn't a priority.

so i really really appreciate it when someone takes the time to give me a heads-up so I can glance through the junk mail to find something good. If you don't, then don't thread-crap, just move along.

thanks, OP. I appreciate the heads-up on this. $10 would really come in handy right now. :thumbsup: :thanks:

aiham78 11-28-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiffy74 (Post 25151439)

OK smart one, do you think someone will throw $10 from Kohls "considering it a junk mail" will read your thread?

utterlover 11-28-2009 05:55 PM

how do you get on their mailing list for this coupon?

Arien 11-28-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25153541)
OK smart one, do you think someone will throw $10 from Kohls "considering it a junk mail" will read your thread?

It's not a question of knowing and throwing, itís question of throwing unknowingly.
Whatís the harm if he is giving a heads up to fellow SDís?
Do you put your comment in each and every heads up thread?

Garbo 11-28-2009 06:01 PM

I got another stupid set of 15% cards today. Fingers crossed for mine.

andreaback 11-28-2009 06:03 PM

Kudos to this post. was heading there sunday but will now wait til I get my coupon.

aiham78 11-28-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arien (Post 25154435)
It's not a question of knowing and throwing, itís question of throwing unknowingly.
Whatís the harm if he is giving a heads up to fellow SDís?
Do you put your comment in each and every heads up thread?

Could you tell me how is this a slick deal????

Arien 11-28-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25154713)
Could you tell me how is this a slick deal????

Did OP mention that ?
Do a thumbs down if you want to.:cool:

kenvip 11-28-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiffy74 (Post 25144117)
Don't be disappointed if you don't get it today - it's marked for delivery Nov. 30 - Dec. 2.

This particular circular was addressed to a person who does not have a Kohl's Charge card.

Offer valid on minimum $10 purchases with any tender type. No cash back. Offer is non-transferable and can be combined with any other offers. $10 Gift will be applied to prior to percent-off total purchase discounts. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Only one $10 Gift can be redeemed per person. Offer good on all sale-, regular- and clearance-priced merchandise. Offer not valid for price adjustments on previous purchases, on Gift Card purchases or for payment on a Kohl's Charge account. Offer also not valid on purchases of Kohl's Cares for Kids merchandise or other charitable items. See store for details.

PLUS, SAVE AN EXTRA 20% on your first days' purchases when you open a Kohl's Charge DEC.3-12, 2009

Scan it please, last time I used a scanned copy 3 times and it worked.

789nemo 11-28-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmommy (Post 25153479)
you must not get much mail, or you have a lot of free time to do things like open junk mail. Our mail piles up. We grab important stuff out of it and the junk mail sits. With jobs, families, life, health, etc., getting to the junk mail isn't a priority.

so i really really appreciate it when someone takes the time to give me a heads-up so I can glance through the junk mail to find something good. If you don't, then don't thread-crap, just move along.

thanks, OP. I appreciate the heads-up on this. $10 would really come in handy right now. :thumbsup: :thanks:

You tell them ! I'm tired of reading thread crap to. If you can't say anything nice keep it to yourself !!

Dare2Dream 11-28-2009 07:46 PM

I got $10 off $10 for kohls today in the form on an american express mailer!

rockstar1009 11-28-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmommy (Post 25153479)

My mail used to be that way until I switched to electronic delivery on everything from bank statements to credit cards to utility bills. I only get mails about 3 days a week now (and now it's almost always junk :lol:), and it is now much quicker and easier to leaf through it.

Seriously, Congress did well with the Do Not Call list. Let's take a serious stand for the environment and create a Do Not Junk-Mail list. :woot:

Although in all fairness, these types of posts really aren't for the Hot Deals section, as Kohl's mailers are often random (I myself got one today, but it was 2x 15% off Qs), and not even really YMMV random.

fyu 11-28-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockstar1009 (Post 25157801)
My mail used to be that way until I switched to electronic delivery on everything from bank statements to credit cards to utility bills. I only get mails about 3 days a week now (and now it's almost always junk :lol:), and it is now much quicker and easier to leaf through it.

Seriously, Congress did well with the Do Not Call list. Let's take a serious stand for the environment and create a Do Not Junk-Mail list. :woot:

Although in all fairness, these types of posts really aren't for the Hot Deals section, as Kohl's mailers are often random (I myself got one today, but it was 2x 15% off Qs), and not even really YMMV random.

exactly. there are other freaking forums for this.
stop cluttering the hot deals forum.

bmommy 11-28-2009 08:10 PM

OK, thread-crappers, STOP IT! if you don't like the title of the thread, don't click on it, and for Pete's sake, please do not bother to post in it! We don't care what you think. And if you're worried about "cluttering up" HD, then don't add to it with your own thread-crapping posts.

And, there are TONS of "heads-up" posts that are posted and stay in HD, even some make the FP. So please just move on :wave:

If the mods feel it should be moved, they will move it.

If you:
1) are not a mod, and/or
2) do not need this deal,

then just move on.

Just because a deal is not for YOU, doesn't mean it is not helpful or useful to someone else in SD. And we don't care what you think of the thread. Spend your valuable time doing something positive instead of dumping on a thread.

danny.p 11-28-2009 08:12 PM

lol, how is this cluttering the hot deals. Maybe you read every single deal in hot deals and thats why it is cluttering the hot deals forum? -_-

aiham78 11-28-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmommy (Post 25158343)
OK, thread-crappers, STOP IT! if you don't like the title of the thread, don't click on it, and for Pete's sake, please do not bother to post in it! We don't care what you think. And if you're worried about "cluttering up" HD, then don't add to it with your own thread-crapping posts.

And, there are TONS of "heads-up" posts that are posted and stay in HD, even some make the FP. So please just move on :wave:

If you:
1) are not a mod, and/or

then just move on.

Just because a deal is not for YOU, doesn't mean it is not helpful or useful to someone else in SD. And we don't care what you think of the thread. Spend your valuable time doing something positive instead of dumping on a thread.

you are funny

Penrph 11-28-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25158493)
you are funny

and you are not.

fyu 11-28-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnguyen80 (Post 25158407)
lol, how is this cluttering the hot deals. Maybe you read every single deal in hot deals and thats why it is cluttering the hot deals forum? -_-

i know. all those other forums are annoying. I vote we merge them all. since there is no clutter.

Moondance 11-28-2009 08:31 PM

Thanks OP. I shop/return at Kohls and $10 is $10!!
I appreciate the heads-up and you can consider yourself "repped" and "thumbed up."

bmommy 11-28-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25158493)
you are funny

It might sound like I'm reacting to this one thread, but I'm just so sick of all of the thread-crapping that happens here on a regular basis. We are all working together here in SD, benefiting from mostly member-driven contributions, to get good deals and stretch the few dollars that we have. I just don't get it why some people go out of their way to chastise others (and that's a nice way to put it) who are just trying to contribute and help others to save money.

Why bother clicking on a thread that you have no interest in?

I just don't get it. And thread-crappers don't think about the poor OP of the threads they dump on....there's just no reason to be hostile to someone who is trying to help. Just because you don't need that particular type of help/deal/info doesn't mean the OP's intentions were not good in the first place. There's just no point in TC-ing. :soapbox:

ok, i'm done now. g'night. and thanks again, OP, for the heads-up. Many people appreciate it.

danny.p 11-28-2009 08:40 PM

that still doesn't answer how this deal is cluttering the hot deals forum?

aiham78 11-28-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmommy (Post 25159245)
It might sound like I'm reacting to this one thread, but I'm just so sick of all of the thread-crapping that happens here on a regular basis. We are all working together here in SD, benefiting from mostly member-driven contributions, to get good deals and stretch the few dollars that we have. I just don't get it why some people go out of their way to chastise others (and that's a nice way to put it) who are just trying to contribute and help others to save money.

Why bother clicking on a thread that you have no interest in?

I just don't get it. And thread-crappers don't think about the poor OP of the threads they dump on....there's just no reason to be hostile to someone who is trying to help. Just because you don't need that particular type of help/deal/info doesn't mean the OP's intentions were not good in the first place. There's just no point in TC-ing. :soapbox:

ok, i'm done now. g'night. and thanks again, OP, for the heads-up. Many people appreciate it.

amusing

lanaganpm 11-28-2009 08:57 PM

Great post, OP!

imbrainfever 11-28-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25159325)
amusing

dude.. find a deal instead of TC-ing it...

mickyikea 11-28-2009 10:41 PM

Heads up: $10 Kohl's gift card in the mail

Can anyone post scanned copy.....

DisturbedAle 11-28-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmommy (Post 25158343)

If you:
1) are not a mod, and/or

then just move on.

QTF.

Just move on if you don't like it. Hide it if you need.

Dad0408 11-28-2009 10:47 PM

My mom and sister got theirs Friday. I got two in today's mail. Thanks for the heads up OP.

deallooker1 11-28-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad0408 (Post 25162803)
My mom and sister got theirs Friday. I got two in today's mail. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Can someone please scan their coupon. I was able to use the scanned copy last time. when it was around.

Shing 11-29-2009 03:43 AM

Thank you I would have missed it in my junk mail! Repped ya!

dealznstealz 11-29-2009 07:01 AM

Thanks OP for posting can you tell me what state you are in??

I am a MVC and never get any coupons so not sure it's worth it to sign up for credit card 22% APR- most all shipping at Kohl's requires $75 after discounts now.

deallooker1 11-29-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiffy74 (Post 25144117)

Could you scan the coupon please?

lax03 11-29-2009 10:25 AM

Pls send me the gift card image I will check if it works for me

nissin 11-29-2009 10:30 AM

i recently got 2 different $10 off kohl's coupon from the mail.. forgot to use the 1st one, and lucky they sent a new one =)

the coupon cards r attached to a large kohls "flyer card" .... hard to miss.....

danny.p 11-29-2009 11:04 AM

its not a flyer you scan to use it, its an actual gift card.

chong67 11-30-2009 03:36 PM

I got this in the mail today. I got a $15 gc few weeks ago too.

My wife asks me how I get it. I dont know how I get it in the first place. Did you have to sign up for something?

Zeek 11-30-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25153541)

I read it and I'd throw away a kohl's mailer without a second glance. Thanks OP repped.

PrinceOfDa831 11-30-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiham78 (Post 25159325)
amusing

aiham = a hater...

thanks OP!

minaranjaotro 11-30-2009 03:47 PM

thanks for the heads up
at our apts we have a big gazebo for mail and there are bins labeled for people to throw away junk mail and one for useful magazine/coupons not wanted
so when you give these heads up and I don't get it in the mail, there is a high chance that other people put it in the offerings bin and that would mean it is free for the taking

Kay12 12-01-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penrph (Post 25158859)
and you are not.

and you are funny ;)

vquasarv 12-01-2009 07:58 AM

Thanks OP, I will keep an eye out, and hopefully raid my apartment complexe's mail trashcans. The other day I collected 27 coupons for a free chic-fill-a chicken sandwich :nod:

spiffy74 12-01-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu (Post 25151589)

and its your own fault for cluttering up this thread with this garbage

Keisuke-san 12-01-2009 11:46 PM

Funny thing, my mom threw this in the garbage, i read this thread and went trash diving and found it, I needed this too to buy some sheets for my bed. rep and thank you!

deloreanz 12-01-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu (Post 25151589)

If you get the amount of junk mail we do in our area, that's like saying you should read every spam message that gets sent to your email - just in case there's a good deal inside.

This guy is rightfully giving us a heads up that there is actually something worth while in the pile of junk mail we normally chunk out all together.

corinnel18 12-02-2009 09:50 PM

How do you get this?

My mother in law has gotten two of these gift cards? I haven't gotten any. We live just a few miles from each other and we both have kohls charge cards. Any suggestions? Thanks

redwiser 12-07-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drymonkey (Post 25153467)
I recently got a 10 off 10 coupon through email. Hopefully, I can get this as well.

Could you happen to post this? It can be used over and over and over again!
Thanks