Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Drugstore/Grocery B&M Deals + Discussion (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Free Movie Offers from Drugstore/Grocers Etc (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/2062110-free-movie-offers-from-drugstore-grocers-etc)

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:01 AM

Free Movie Offers from Drugstore/Grocers Etc

I don't think a thread like this exists. If so I apologize. Let's list all of the current free movie offers that are available. I did a google search and found a bunch.

wikipost 06-04-2010 12:01 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Toy Story 3 or Any Disney from Energizer

Kellogg's™ STAR TREK Free Movie Ticket

General Mills e-Movie Cash reward

2010 HERSHEY'S KISSES Movie Ticket Promotion2

Kellogg's Movie Pass Tokens

Kellogg's™ $10 Bonus Bucks Offer

Tampax Pearls/Always from Walmart

Kelloggs Toy Story 3 or other Disney Movie

Publix/General Mills

The Karate Kid e-Movie Cash (up to $10)

Kelloggs PopTarts Rewards

Miscellaneous offers here, here

Free Toy Story 3 Ticket with $25 purchase at Toys R Us B&M - exp 6/19

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:04 AM

Toy Story 3 or Any Disney from Energizer

Energizer

Details Here [activaterewards.com]:

Look for specially marked packages of Energizer® MAX® AA-10, AA/AAA-12, and AA-20 batteries.

Energizer® MAX® AA-10, AA/AAA-12: contains 1 offer code
Energizer® MAX® AA-20 batteries: contains 2 offer codes

3 codes can be redeemed to receive a free print at home Hollywood Movie Money admission certificate to see Toy Story 3 or any Disney/Touchstone movie up to $14.

2 codes can be redeemed to receive a print at home Hollywood Movie Money discount certificate for $6 off Toy Story 3 or any Disney/Touchstone movie.

1 code can be redeemed to receive a print at home Hollywood Movie Money discount certificate for $3 off Toy Story 3 or any Disney/Touchstone movie.

Limit 12 codes per household
Expires 12/31/10

Kellogg's™ STAR TREK Free Movie Ticket

Details Here [kelloggs.com]

Description
Get ready for the never-before-told story of the greatest space saga of all times - STAR TREK. Join James Tiberius Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Bones and the rest of the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise for an epic adventure filled with edge-of-your-seat action and ground-breaking special effects.
Requirements
To receive your Kellogg's™ STAR TREK Free Movie Ticket (good at participating theaters) you need:

Completed Official Order Form
5 STAR TREK Official Movie Pass vouchers from specially-marked packages of Kellogg's® Pop-Tarts® Toaster Pastries - all 8 ct, 12 ct, and 16 ct varieties.
Movie Ticket good for one admission (adult or child up to $12.00) to STAR TREK or any other movie at participating theaters.

Limit one Official Order Form per envelope. Allow 90 days from receipt of order.

Offer available while supplies last. Limit 5 movie passes per household.

Products
Additional Information
To find participating theaters use the link below. You will be leaving our site and redirected to the Movie Cash website.

http://moviecash.com/locatorUS.php
Availability
Nationally on specially-marked packages of Kellogg's® Pop-Tarts® Toaster Pastries - all 8 ct, 12 ct, and 16 ct varieties.
Legal Disclaimer

fancy 06-04-2010 12:07 AM

never mind thanks for the thread

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:10 AM

General Mills e-Movie Cash reward

General Mills e-Movie Cash reward [emoviecash.com]

To receive your free movie ticket, enter two codes from any two specially marked boxes of General Mills cereal. Print your free movie ticket certificate and take it to a participating theater to receive one free movie admission!

*Online codes need to be entered by June 30, 2010. Valid only in the U.S. Ticket value is up to $12. Tickets will expire 60 days from the date they are issued onlin

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:12 AM

Details here [hersheys.com]

Collect and send in four (4) UPCs from 10oz. or larger packages of HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates, REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, HERSHEY'S MINIATURES Chocolate Bars or YORK Peppermint Patties to receive one (1) Fandango Promotional Code good for one (1) movie ticket valued at up to $12.00 sent via email. Offer valid between 4/1/10 and 6/30/10.

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:17 AM

Kellogg's Movie Pass Tokens

Details Here [snackpicks.com]

Look for specially marked boxes of Kellogg’s products with “Movie Pass Tokens”, collect 5 tokens and mail in form for your FREE movie tickets! Limit 3 passes - offer expires 5/30/11

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:20 AM

Here [kelloggs.com]

End Date
09/30/10
Description
Buy three specially marked Kellogg's® cereals and get $10 bonus buck to spend on electronics, toys, sporting goods, books, concessions and movies!
Requirements
1. Buy three (3) specially marked boxes of Kellogg's® cereal and collect the codes inside each box.

2. Enter codes at www.kelloggbonusbucks.com.

3. Receive your $10 Bonus Bucks certificate by mail.

4. Redeem your certificate at a variety of participating retailers.

Codes must be entered all at one time in order to qualify to receive the certificate. Codes must be entered by 09/30/2010. Certificates expire 11/30/2010. For a complete list of participating retailers, please visit www.usekelloggbonusbucks.com.
Products
Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Bite Size cereal: specially marked packages
Kellogg's® Froot Loops® cereal: specially marked packages
Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal: specially marked packages
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal: specially marked packages
Delivery
Bonus Bucks will arrive within 4-6 weeks.

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:26 AM

Tampax Pearls/Always from Walmart

Here [walmart.com]

**Receive a voucher code for 1 free movie ticket with the purchase of specially marked packages of Tampax Pearl or Always Ultra. Redeem online voucher code for free movie ticket. Each code is valid for 1 movie ticket for any showing of any movie at participating theaters. Maximum ticket value $12. Code expires 10/31/2010. Ticket will expire 30 days from the date issued online. Offer is only available to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia while supplies last. Restrictions apply. Void where prohibited.

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:30 AM

Kelloggs Toy Story 3 or other Disney Movie

Here [kelloggs.com]

1 General Program Questions
1.1 Which Kellogg's cereals have Toy Story 3 codes printed on them and where do I find the code?
Toy Story 3 codes are printed on the package of participating Kellogg’s boxes while supplies last.
Click here
for a detailed list of participating products. Look for the 16-digit code printed on the inside back panel of specially marked Kellogg’s cereal boxes.
For additional questions regarding codes on the package, Contact Us
1.2 Are there any special rules for participation?
Yes. This promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 6 years of age or older. For complete details, including eligibility criteria and promotion information, see the Toy Story 3 Promotion terms and conditions.
2 Registrations and My Account
2.1 How can I register for the Kellogg's Toy Story 3 program?
To register for the Toy Story 3 program, go to http://toystory3.kelloggs.com/, click on Register Now, and create an All-K Pass™ account to access the promotion. Your All-K Pass™ will be your unique registration identification that gives you easy access to special features, sweepstakes, newsletters, and more across all Kellogg websites. Once you have an All-K Pass™ you no longer have to repeat the registration process and can simply login using your username and password. To manage all your subscriptions, you can go to My Account.
You may be asked a series of optional questions regarding what types of programs you’re interested in. This information is purely optional and will only be used to deliver the most relevant information to you about future offers or ideas.
If you have additional questions about registration or your All K-Pass™ account, Contact Us
2.2 What do I do if I forgot my password?
If you forget your password, we will display your password hint to help you remember. When registering, be sure to use a hint that is not the same as your password and that only you will know. If you forgot your password, click here.
If you have additional questions about registration or your All K-Pass™ account, Contact Us
2.3 Why do we ask for your birth date?
Web sites that are collecting information from children are required to comply with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Depending on your age, you may require parental permission prior to participating in the program.
2.4 Why do we ask for your address?
Address is required for certain programs to send information through the mail. As well, the address you enter upon registration will be used to ship items you redeem unless a different shipping address is specified in the redemption process. We will not use your mailing address for purposes other than specified upon registration for a program. For more details, see our Privacy Policy .
2.5 Who can I contact to help me if I'm having trouble registering or logging into the Toy Story 3 site?
2.6 Can I have multiple Toy Story 3 accounts?
No. There is a limit of one account per person. Points cannot be combined between accounts or participants under any circumstances.
2.7 Can I change my address?
You can use a different shipping address for each item redeemed or purchased. If you update the shipping address for a particular item, this will not update the address stored in your profile. To update the address stored in your profile, go to My Account, log in, and follow the instructions to update your address. If you forgot your password, click here.
2.8 Can I update my e-mail address?
To update the address stored in your profile, go to My Account, log in, and follow the instructions to update your email address. If you forgot your password, click here.
3 Code Entry or Point Balance
3.1 What are Toy Story 3 points and how do I use them?
Toy Story 3 points are the currency used in the Kellogg's Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog and are deposited into your online account when you enter codes from specially marked packages of Kellogg’s cereals. Toy Story 3 points have no cash value and are non-transferable. Points can be used to redeem items from the Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog. For more detail, see
How it Works
here.
3.2 How do I know how many Toy Story 3 points I have in my account?
After you've logged in, your Toy Story 3 point balance will always be displayed on the top right corner of the page. You may also view your point balance at any time by visiting the
my points
page of the promotional site.
If you have additional questions about the point balance in your account, Contact Us
3.3 How are Toy Story 3 points deducted from my account?
If you redeem your Toy Story 3 points for an item, the amount will be deducted from your point total.
3.4 Where can I enter my Toy Story 3 codes?
ENTER CODES
page of the promotional site.
3.5 How do I enter codes?
After registering or logging in to the promotional site, enter your Toy Story 3 code(s) on the "ENTER CODES" page and then click on the "Submit" button. Once you've submitted the code(s), the associated number of Toy Story 3 points will be deposited into your account. For more detail, see
How it Works
here.
3.6 Is there a limit on how many Toy Story 3 codes I can enter?
Yes, there is a maximum limit of 5 codes you may enter per day and a maximum of 30 codes total. For more detail, see
How it Works
here.
3.7 Do I need to enter the code exactly as it appears inside the package?
Yes. Enter the characters and digits in the same order as they appear inside the package. Codes are not case sensitive and spaces are not required. For more detail, see
How it Works
here.
3.8 I tried to enter my code but I am receiving errors upon submission. What can I do?
If you are having trouble entering a code that is clearly printed on the package, please verify you have entered the code correctly. If you are still having problems, please Contact Us Here.
3.9 What do I do if I cannot read the code or if the Toy Story 3 code is destroyed when I open the package?
If you are having trouble reading a code or it is destroyed, please Contact Us for assistance. We can provide you instructions on how to proceed. Be sure to hold on to the defective code since you may need to return it.
3.10 Is it necessary to keep the package after I have entered the Toy Story 3 code on the Web?
We advise you to cut out the codes from the package as Kellogg's reserves the right to request that any participant forward the original packages with the codes representing the Toy Story 3 points deposited in a Toy Story 3 Account.
3.11 Can I convert my Toy Story 3 points into cash?
No. Toy Story 3 codes and their corresponding points have no cash value and are non-transferable. You may use Toy Story 3 points only to redeem items within the Kellogg's Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog.
4 About the Great Stuff Catalog
4.1 What is the Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog?
The Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog is a collection of items to be redeemed using Toy Story 3 points. For more details, see
How it Works
here.
4.2 How long will the Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog last?
Point collection for Toy Story 3 began March 30, 2010 and will continue until June 30, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET, or later if extended by Sponsor. You may begin redeeming your points on March 30, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET). The Great Stuff catalog will end on June 30, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET, or later if extended by Sponsor, subject to promotion terms and conditions.
4.3 How do I know if I have enough points to redeem a Toy Story 3 item?
Your account balance will appear at the top right corner of each catalog page. The number of points needed to redeem each item will appear below the item image.
If you try to redeem an item from the Great Stuff catalog and do not have enough points, a message will appear telling you that you do not have enough points. For more details, see
How it Works
here.
5 Shipping and Fulfillment
5.1 Can I redeem Toy Story 3 items and have them sent to someone else?
The mailing address in your account profile is the default address used to mail premiums. However, you can review & change your shipping address during the fulfillment process. If you wish to change the address stored in your profile, click here. Note that Toy Story 3 items can be delivered only to U.S. street addresses or to APR/FPO addresses. Sorry, we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
5.2 Is there a limit to the number of Toy Story 3 items I can redeem in a day?
No. If you have enough Toy Story 3 points to redeem the items, there is no limit by day. However, items can only be redeemed one at a time and you can only redeem up to a maximum of 30 points total.
5.3 How do I get my Toy Story 3 item?
There are two types of rewards in the catalog:

1. Items redeemed by mail
2. Items redeemed online
Toy Story 3 premiums redeemed by mail are shipped in the mail using the address specified during the redemption process. Digital items redeemed online are emailed to the address linked to your All-K Pass™ account.
To ensure you receive your Rewards emails, add kelloggstoystory3@eprizefulfillment.com and tpgcustomer@tpgny.com to your address book. Learn How.
If you have specific questions about receipt of a mailed Toy Story 3 item, Contact Us
If you have specific questions about receipt of an online item such as movie tickets Contact Us Here, if questions about concession cash Contact Us Here.
If you have questions about downloading items such as screen savers, Disney Radio widget or Toy Story 3 Mr. Potato Head game, click here.
5.4 When can I expect to receive my Toy Story 3 item?
After submitting your order, an e-mail confirmation will be sent to you within 72 hours. Premiums that are shipped in the mail will arrive within 90 days. If you’d like to check the status of your Toy Story 3 order, click here.
Digital rewards can be downloaded or printed from an email that will arrive a few minutes after you complete the redemption process.
If you have specific questions about receipt of a mailed item, Contact Us.
If you have specific questions about receipt of online items such as movie tickets or concession cash, Contact Us.
If you have questions about downloading items such as screen savers, Disney Radio widget or Toy Story 3 Mr. Potato Head game, click here.
5.5 Do I have to pay shipping and handling costs for items redeemed in Kellogg's Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog?
No. Shipping and handling costs will not apply to items redeemed in the Kellogg's Toy Story 3 Great Stuff catalog.
5.6 Can you ship my catalog item to a Post Office Box or APO/FPO address?
Items may be shipped to APO/FPO addresses, but may not be shipped to Post Office Box addresses.
6 Technical Questions
6.1 What are browser cookies?
Browser cookies are small text files that are sent to your computer to store information. The Kellogg's Toy Story 3 promotion from Kellogg’s uses cookies to keep track of information such as account registration and other pertinent details.
If you have additional questions, Contact Us
6.2 Do I need to have browser cookies turned on to participate?
Yes. If your browser is not set to accept cookies, you will not be able to participate in the program.
6.3 How do I turn on browser cookies?
If you are not familiar with how to enable cookies on your browser, check with the manufacturer of your particular browser or click on "Help" in the menu bar of your browser and search under "Cookies."
6.4 What if I don’t have the latest Flash Plug-in?
If you do not have the latest Flash Plug-in, please Click Here for the latest version.
How It Works | Products | Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Kelloggs.com | Update Profile | Terms and Conditions
Codes must be entered and redeemed by 6/30/11 or while supplies last. A maximum of 30 codes per account can be entered during the promotion period.
®, ™, © 2010 Kellogg NA Co. © Disney/Pixar

ShelbyDiesel 06-04-2010 12:40 AM

Publix

Here [clickcallmail.com]

Get a FREE $10 movie voucher when you purchase 6 participating General Mills products at Publix. Look for codes on select packages.

Teese 06-04-2010 07:00 AM

Great thread thanks!

Ju5tm3 06-04-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriWashNGuard (Post 30155598)
General Mills e-Movie Cash reward [emoviecash.com]

To receive your free movie ticket, enter two codes from any two specially marked boxes of General Mills cereal. Print your free movie ticket certificate and take it to a participating theater to receive one free movie admission!

*Online codes need to be entered by June 30, 2010. Valid only in the U.S. Ticket value is up to $12. Tickets will expire 60 days from the date they are issued onlin

I have 1 code only, and hardly see anymore cereal box with any code. Anyone has spare code that I can use? Thanks

SLickCate 06-05-2010 12:44 AM

The Karate Kid e-Movie Cash (up to $10) HERE [sonymoviecash.com]

Look for this sticker on these [sonymoviecash.com] great films from
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Enter the e-Movie Cash Code located on the back of your sticker from your DVD or Blu-ray package.

The codes expire 8/15/2010 at 11:59 PM PST

Also found on various other movies.

hbk1313 06-05-2010 04:37 AM

Great Thread!

There are passes on select Disney DVDs to see Prince of Persia. I believe the titles are POTC, Narnia, and a few others.

Kmart and Axe have Movie Cash when you buy (3) Axe items. Signs are up in the stores.

There is $10 Movie Cash on some titles at Best Buy,

There is Movie Cash for A-Team in some DVDs at Walmart - Jumper, Die Hard.

Sorry I don't have the titles and details right now, but I am just trying to remember what I have seen off the top of my head.

hbk1313 06-05-2010 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLickCate (Post 30183004)

Enter the e-Movie Cash Code located on the back of your sticker from your DVD or Blu-ray package.

TRU has a display up with a bunch of the movies.

I saw the sticker on Hook (on sale for $4.75) at Target last night.

ShelbyDiesel 06-05-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLickCate (Post 30183004)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk1313 (Post 30184178)
Great Thread!

There are passes on select Disney DVDs to see Prince of Persia. I believe the titles are POTC, Narnia, and a few others.

Kmart and Axe have Movie Cash when you buy (3) Axe items. Signs are up in the stores.

There is $10 Movie Cash on some titles at Best Buy,

There is Movie Cash for A-Team in some DVDs at Walmart - Jumper, Die Hard.

Sorry I don't have the titles and details right now, but I am just trying to remember what I have seen off the top of my head.

Thanks to both of you -- when I have time, I'll get a wiki going unless someone else wants to tackle. :worship:

ShelbyDiesel 06-07-2010 10:22 AM

Kelloggs PopTarts Rewards

Use 5 Poptart codes for 1 free movie ticket!

Enter codes from PopTarts and get free 25 photo prints from Snapfish, 5 music downloads, 1 movie ticket to $12 value, and/or one magazine subscription. Each code you enter must be from a different flavor of PopTarts, up to 25 codes. Here [poptartsflavorcard.com]

BeeReel 06-07-2010 12:14 PM

Found at Walmart

Stickers on all 3 of the Pirates of the Caribbean DVDs, offering one free movie ticket to see Prince of Persia. Offer expires 6/30/10.

akageorge 06-16-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriWashNGuard (Post 30185886)
Thanks to both of you -- when I have time, I'll get a wiki going unless someone else wants to tackle. :worship:

Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks to all the contributors! Great idea! :woot:

I started a wiki, linking to the posts with the details. I thought that might be less cumbersome than putting all the details of each offer in the wiki itself. Yeah?

guesswho 06-16-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeReel (Post 30229338)
Found at Walmart

Stickers on all 3 of the Pirates of the Caribbean DVDs, offering one free movie ticket to see Prince of Persia. Offer expires 6/30/10.

how much were the DVD's? and is this a survey peelie?

ShelbyDiesel 06-16-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akageorge (Post 30461246)
Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks to all the contributors! Great idea! :woot:

I started a wiki, linking to the posts with the details. I thought that might be less cumbersome than putting all the details of each offer in the wiki itself. Yeah?

Thanks and repped for the wiki! :D

ShelbyDiesel 06-16-2010 10:50 PM

Free Toy Story 3 ticket when you buy $25+ Toy Story 3 toys at Toys R Us - in store only. Valid thru 6/19

BeeReel 06-17-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 30461558)
how much were the DVD's? and is this a survey peelie?

Sorry, I don't have any other info. I didn't buy any of them.

hbk1313 07-06-2010 10:51 AM

Despicable Me $10 e-Movie Cash on select Blu-ray at Best Buy

Best Buy has a display at the end of the aisle with Select Titles that include $10 e-Movie Cash to see Despicable Me. The Majority of titles were priced at $19.99.

Bruce Almighty ($12.99)
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
Land of the Lost
The Incredible Hulk
Fletch
The Tale of Despereaux
Couples Retreat
Mama Mia
Cirque du Freak: A Vampire's Assistant
Caroline
Fast & Furious

www.bestbuy.com/despicableme

Kootz 07-08-2010 01:59 PM

Has anyone had any trouble with sonymovie cash?

I put in a code this morning for Eat Pray Love and received the cert without a problem

I just put in a second code for another ticket, watched the trailer, selected Eat Pray Love and hit submit.

Screen came up due to excessive traffic please try later. I tried again with the same code and know it says it's been used but I never received anything :mad:

amil7036 07-08-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kootz (Post 30938800)
Has anyone had any trouble with sonymovie cash?

I put in a code this morning for Eat Pray Love and received the cert without a problem

I just put in a second code for another ticket, watched the trailer, selected Eat Pray Love and hit submit.

Screen came up due to excessive traffic please try later. I tried again with the same code and know it says it's been used but I never received anything :mad:

Glad its not just me...

Kootz 07-09-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amil7036 (Post 30949552)
Glad its not just me...

I emailed them but no response over 24 hours. Let me know if you hear something please.:nod:

amil7036 07-09-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kootz (Post 30968342)
I emailed them but no response over 24 hours. Let me know if you hear something please.:nod:

Oh trust me you wont hear anything. I emailed them last month about it and no go. I finally called the number that shows up and she pretty much asked me everything under the sun (most of it had nothing to do with why her site wasnt working) ie. what movies I bought. How many and when yadda yadda. Told me I would have a call back in 24 hours and still nada and that was 2 days ago.

sehrwunderbar 07-17-2010 10:21 AM

There are peelies for $10 movie ticket offer, or e-concession cash for eat, pray, love; salt; or the other guys on DVDs at Target. I saw them on the Patriot and others.

I also got Hook and Jumanji and they had the movie ticket peelies for Karate kid.

When I redeem the tickets, do I have to see that specific movie or can I see any movie I want to watch?

Also, don't forget Toy Story 3 ticket offer, still good until July 31 when you buy the blue ray combo. Can I see any other movie with these tickets, since movie theaters already moved on and don't play this anymore?

HeartSong 07-17-2010 10:24 AM

If anyone has any of the movie tickets that you would like to trade I am interested. Here is the link to my trade list. Thanks
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=31129032&postcount=88

Jason69850 07-21-2010 07:36 AM

Can you see another movie - with most of thse e-movie tickets - no, but it's ymmv because certainly there is nothing about the certificate itself which is a virtual credit card which would preclude it being used for another movie.
In my experience movie cashiers will say "you have to see X movie" even if the certificate says "or any other movie" the cashier usually goes by whatever picture or name is on the certificate.
In my experience, movie cashiers do not know how to use these certificates either which is why I only do these once in a while. So many times, I have stood there for 10-15 minutes while a line amassed behind me while the cashier tried to figure out how to enter the virtual credit card.
The last time I used the Toy Story one, it was such an ordeal. I got a cashier whom I had the displeasure of getting before and I knew she didn't know how to do it. I asked her politely to get a manager to help her. She wouldn't and I waited while she tried and tried to do it. I tried to help her by gently explaining how to enter it as if it were a credit card and showing her where the expiration was and the zip code. She said I was confusing her. I asked for a manager again. She refused. I had to go to the cashier next to her and ask her to get a manager who knew how to enter the code.

When I saw the $10 movies at Target with the $10 tickets, I thought it was a great deal until I remembered my earlier trauma.

apexdeal 07-22-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason69850 (Post 31235398)
Can you see another movie - with most of thse e-movie tickets - no, but it's ymmv because certainly there is nothing about the certificate itself which is a virtual credit card which would preclude it being used for another movie.
In my experience movie cashiers will say "you have to see X movie" even if the certificate says "or any other movie" the cashier usually goes by whatever picture or name is on the certificate.
In my experience, movie cashiers do not know how to use these certificates either which is why I only do these once in a while. So many times, I have stood there for 10-15 minutes while a line amassed behind me while the cashier tried to figure out how to enter the virtual credit card.
The last time I used the Toy Story one, it was such an ordeal. I got a cashier whom I had the displeasure of getting before and I knew she didn't know how to do it. I asked her politely to get a manager to help her. She wouldn't and I waited while she tried and tried to do it. I tried to help her by gently explaining how to enter it as if it were a credit card and showing her where the expiration was and the zip code. She said I was confusing her. I asked for a manager again. She refused. I had to go to the cashier next to her and ask her to get a manager who knew how to enter the code.

When I saw the $10 movies at Target with the $10 tickets, I thought it was a great deal until I remembered my earlier trauma.

Or you could spare yourself the trauma and get a Fandango GC for $10. Then use it to buy a ticket and skip the line! (of course you lose the damn fees but that's conveince for you).:lol:

sehrwunderbar 07-23-2010 07:03 AM

You can use the codes for GC on fandango somehow? Can you explain that?
TIA!

kimplovely 08-05-2010 02:20 PM

I'm having issue due to the "exsessive traffic" also. Clear cookies, etc. Wont' work on any of my tix. Try to use somewhere else, it says it's been used! I already left 2 voicemail and 2 emails. Sigh.

shania99 08-08-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimplovely (Post 31607962)
I'm having issue due to the "exsessive traffic" also. Clear cookies, etc. Wont' work on any of my tix. Try to use somewhere else, it says it's been used! I already left 2 voicemail and 2 emails. Sigh.

Same issue here. Have even tried at work and other computers and still comes up due to excessive traffic. I called and and was asked if I had redeemed more than forty codes and that was the problem. I told them I had redeemed 1 code before I got that message on there site. I was transferred to some hateful woman who pretty much insisted i\nothing was wrong with there site and It had to be me trying to redeem to many codes. I just gave up and hung up before I lost it.

sehrwunderbar 08-16-2010 04:29 PM

More than 40 codes? Is that a limit or something?

Oh, and also, saw the movies with codes on them for Despicable Me at KMART on Sat.

sehrwunderbar 10-14-2010 07:40 AM

Are there any new promos happening?

I have seen possibly there are free tickets to MegaMind and Tangled on some DVDs? Anyone seeing this or have any info on that?
TIA!