Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *BACK IN STOCK* Twinlab 5lb Chocolate 100% Whey Protein Fuel $25 + Free Shipping (Preorder at Amazon) (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/2168676-back-in-stock-twinlab-5lb-chocolate-100-whey-protein-fuel-25-free-shipping-preorder-at-amazon)

uscpsycho 08-07-2010 11:31 PM

*BACK IN STOCK* Twinlab 5lb Chocolate 100% Whey Protein Fuel $25 + Free Shipping (Preorder at Amazon)

LINK [amazon.com]

Note, this is comparable to this previous front page deal but it's even better because the price is lower (by a few cents) and S&S is not required. That deal also died the day after it was posted.

The item is out of stock but you can order it now and Amazon will ship when it's back in stock. They will only charge you when the item ships.
Quote:

Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
As I said before, I've never tried this but it has 4.5/5 stars from more than 20 Amazon reviewers so it should be good stuff.

Please do yourself a favor and ignore any posts in this thread by user Nate650.

Product Features
Flavor: Chocolate Surge | Size: 5 lbs
One 5-pound tub of chocolate-flavored whey protein supplement
Contains whey protein concentrate that is 100% instantized, quick dissolving and easy-to-mix; 25 grams of protein per serving
Stimulates muscle protein anabolism by enhancing muscle building and lean tissue mass
Increases muscle performance and improves post-workout recovery by reducing aches and pains
Rich and refreshing flavor

GBAstar 08-07-2010 11:41 PM

Thanks USC. Would this be comparable to ON's whey protein?

imscott72 08-07-2010 11:49 PM

Great deal, and yes please ignore Officer Nate the food inspector..

Genius4sho 08-07-2010 11:52 PM

Nice! A late night deal treat. I know a LOT of people are going to be mad they missed this. I'll buy extra pounds for them (for me). ;) Thanks OP.

shepp 08-07-2010 11:54 PM

Thanks!

In for one, maybe more later. Now if amazon could just estimate the ship date...

GBAstar 08-07-2010 11:58 PM

In for two... should have picked up two more but I'm banking on this deal coming back from time to time. Thanks again OP

uscpsycho 08-08-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by respdoc (Post 31659642)
now why could you have not just updated your old thread to include the whooping 50 cents saving and pre-order status ?

Because, the old thread was pretty much dead so a lot of people will ignore new posts because they'll assume it's just more of the usual protein banter. But if there's a new thread they'll read it.

Also because a lot of people only find these deals because they have deal alerts set. A new deal posted to an old thread won't trigger a deal alert. But the new deal thread will let people with alerts know that there is a new deal.

Finally, the old thread is in Deal Talk now. That's where good deals go to die. No point in updating the thread there...

I'm pretty conscientious about starting a new thread vs. revising an old one. In this case a new thread made most sense.

kray_z_dawg 08-08-2010 12:09 AM

In for one. Never tried this brand either, but looks like it consistently gets good reviews.

Hey OP, good to see you're posting protein deals again. Thought you were dead or something.

imdbui 08-08-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscpsycho (Post 31659814)
Because, the old thread was pretty much dead so a lot of people will ignore new posts because they'll assume it's just more of the usual protein banter. But if there's a new thread they'll read it.

Also because a lot of people only find these deals because they have deal alerts set. A new deal posted to an old thread won't trigger a deal alert. But the new deal thread will let people with alerts that there is a new deal.

Finally, the old thread is in Deal Talk now. That's where good deals go to die. No point in updating the thread there...

I'm pretty conscientious about starting a new thread vs. revising an old one. In this case a new thread made most sense.

Yep thanks USC, I would have missed it since I stopped opening the old tread after it became a debate.

imscott72 08-08-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 31659766)
Nice! A late night deal treat. I know a LOT of people are going to be mad they missed this. I'll buy extra pounds for them (for me). ;) Thanks OP.

I bought one from the last thread. I don't want all choc or I'd load up for that price. I think this price will come around again around BF, but I can't imagine it gets cheaper than this now that BCB is dead.

Swolern 08-08-2010 01:02 AM

Already oos.

uscpsycho 08-08-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by respdoc (Post 31660160)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swolern (Post 31660142)
Already oos.

:facepalm2:

x2

:lmao::lol:

angelo26 08-08-2010 02:10 AM

Thanks OP, in for 2

DimaF 08-08-2010 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swolern (Post 31660142)
Already oos.

wow. :lol::lol:

digitalhandle 08-08-2010 08:36 AM

Back in stock (for pre-order). Just ordered.

Elmers98 08-08-2010 08:57 AM

anyone know how these tastes?

uscpsycho 08-08-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmers98 (Post 31662970)
anyone know how these tastes?

Did you read the Amazon reviews?

jbn8 08-08-2010 09:09 AM

how many servings on one of these containers? I have just started a weight lifting routine for muscle toning (never have before), I assume this combined with good eating and consistent lifting will help? How much does this actually help for the non-power lifter like myself?

uscpsycho 08-08-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbn8 (Post 31663118)
how many servings on one of these containers? I have just started a weight lifting routine for muscle toning (never have before), I assume this combined with good eating and consistent lifting will help? How much does this actually help for the non-power lifter like myself?

When people say "toning" the usually mean dropping fat so that they can see more definition in their muscles. But toning just sounds better than "losing weight." In any case, you are on the right track with weight training and good diet. That will get you where you want to be. Muscle Milk will not support your goal. It's really geared more towards those who are trying to build muscle, it has a lot of calories that someone trying to "tone" doesn't need. In fact, I generally try to dissuade anyone trying to lose weight from using any kind of protein supplement because they won't help you achieve your goal and could actually make it harder.

kidspeed 08-08-2010 10:33 AM

not to threadcrap but how is this a front page deal? 25 has been the usual amazon price for awhile now. i got this item on s&s a few months ago for 22.50 and am scheduled to have it shipped this month for 21.38. i skipped the last 2 shipments bec im not a big fan of the taste. not as horrible as some products but not as great as muscle milk either. by the way muscle milk is 14.51 on s&s at the moment

compguy 08-08-2010 10:49 AM

Just a reminder, it's worthwhile to check the consumer reports article that tested protein supplements for contaminants. A lot of them have some very bad stuff in them. When possible you should opt for 100% natural whey vanilla since that seems to be the least contaminated across brands. Also, AVOID "all-in-one" (like muscle milk) supplements that have all kinds of other things in there, be it flavors or other supplements. Buy the individual supplements you're going to use separately and get them as pure as possible since there is NO REGULATION on the industry. You aren't supposed to be drinking this for the taste and it's not worth getting cancer or some other crap just for the convenience.

Solgar and Optimum nutrition had the fewest contaminants in their protein (essentially negligible amounts), but only with the 100% natural whey vanllia bean. There may have been one other I'm forgetting that also may have been alright. Chocolate versions of all brands (as well as mixtures with other stuff added) had levels of carcinogens much higher than acceptable levels.

polarpanda 08-08-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidspeed (Post 31664238)
not to threadcrap but how is this a front page deal? 25 has been the usual amazon price for awhile now. i got this item on s&s a few months ago for 22.50 and am scheduled to have it shipped this month for 21.38. i skipped the last 2 shipments bec im not a big fan of the taste. not as horrible as some products but not as great as muscle milk either. by the way muscle milk is 14.51 on s&s at the moment

Well, if you post a better deal or a way to get your price than I am sure yours would be front page.

Thanks USCP! In for one until a better deal comes up.

cfbauer 08-08-2010 07:00 PM

Back at $30 with no S&S option.

kidspeed 08-08-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarpanda (Post 31666872)
Well, if you post a better deal or a way to get your price than I am sure yours would be front page.

Thanks USCP! In for one until a better deal comes up.

1 of: TwinLab 100 Percent Whey Protein Fuel, Lean Muscle, Chocolate Surge, 5-Pound Tub [Health and Beauty]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$25.16

- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

Item(s) Subtotal: $25.16
Shipping & Handling: $8.47
Shipping Discount: -$8.47
Promotion Applied: -$3.77
-----
Total Before Tax: $21.39
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $21.39

jimuk 08-08-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compguy (Post 31664490)
Just a reminder, it's worthwhile to check the consumer reports article that tested protein supplements for contaminants. A lot of them have some very bad stuff in them. When possible you should opt for 100% natural whey vanilla since that seems to be the least contaminated across brands. Also, AVOID "all-in-one" (like muscle milk) supplements that have all kinds of other things in there, be it flavors or other supplements. Buy the individual supplements you're going to use separately and get them as pure as possible since there is NO REGULATION on the industry. You aren't supposed to be drinking this for the taste and it's not worth getting cancer or some other crap just for the convenience.

Solgar and Optimum nutrition had the fewest contaminants in their protein (essentially negligible amounts), but only with the 100% natural whey vanllia bean. There may have been one other I'm forgetting that also may have been alright. Chocolate versions of all brands (as well as mixtures with other stuff added) had levels of carcinogens much higher than acceptable levels.

Thanks for that information.

Lonelyguy 08-08-2010 07:24 PM

its $30.56 now dang

Bspencerco 08-08-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidspeed (Post 31664238)

Front page is nothing but mediocre deals now.

polarpanda 08-08-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidspeed (Post 31671568)
1 of: TwinLab 100 Percent Whey Protein Fuel, Lean Muscle, Chocolate Surge, 5-Pound Tub [Health and Beauty]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$25.16

- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

Item(s) Subtotal: $25.16
Shipping & Handling: $8.47
Shipping Discount: -$8.47
Promotion Applied: -$3.77
-----
Total Before Tax: $21.39
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $21.39

Your post does not have a link to get your deal. If it did I would be repping and thanking you also. What you are doing is just gloating where as USCP is helping with info to good deals.

Hxx 08-09-2010 09:53 AM

Can somebody post the difference in taste between ON whey and this one? I am currently taking the chocolate flavor ON Whey and I'm interested in Twinlab's chocolate surge flavor.

Elmers98 08-10-2010 08:33 AM

has anyone gotten theirs shipped yet? i ordered it on sunday with 2nd day shipping and it still hasn't shown on amazon as shipped yet.

cybertommy 08-10-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hxx (Post 31682960)
Can somebody post the difference in taste between ON whey and this one? I am currently taking the chocolate flavor ON Whey and I'm interested in Twinlab's chocolate surge flavor.

I like ON as well and would like to know which one is better, twinlab or ON? Also ON doesn't give me stomach issues like Muscle Milk.

uscpsycho 08-10-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmers98 (Post 31706888)
has anyone gotten theirs shipped yet? i ordered it on sunday with 2nd day shipping and it still hasn't shown on amazon as shipped yet.

:facepalm:

kevolution 08-10-2010 10:06 AM

This was my first ever whey protein. The taste is probably 6/10 with ON being an 8 or 9. It's not horrible, but it's not a chocolate milkshake either.

shogun23 08-10-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevolution (Post 31709092)
This was my first ever whey protein. The taste is probably 6/10 with ON being an 8 or 9. It's not horrible, but it's not a chocolate milkshake either.

IMO this actually taste better than ON. Its a little thicker, so requires more blending. I like it, ON is a little more flat on the chocolate, while Twinlab you can taste it. It has a little more texture than ON, instead of the instant power look ON has. Its kind of like a light Muscle Milk light.

YellowSnow4 08-30-2010 09:05 AM

I just finished up my ON and went to open the Twinlab I got from this deal. There were about 4 little holes punched all the way through the induction seal (the seal that you peel off after removing the lid for first use). Some of the product had even escaped through the holes and was sitting on top of the seal.

There was a shrink band around the lid but I'm aprehensive to use it. Did anyone else notice the holes with theirs? I'm beyond the return window but I may call Amazon to see if they'll make an exception.

Thoughts?