Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Black Friday 2013 (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Toys R Us Ad (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/2368085-toys-r-us-ad)

90K5 11-11-2010 05:31 AM

Toys R Us Ad

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the BF TRU (Toysrus) ad. Better get in line early, they're opening at 10 p.m. Thursday. :omg:

All in one here:
http://hotfile.com/dl/81820232/60...U.pdf.html

Enjoy :)

wikipost 11-11-2010 05:31 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

Mommy2One 11-11-2010 05:33 AM

ty, funny hubby just asked me *quietly* does TRU have ad out, come to look and you posted it one min before I came! ty

90K5 11-11-2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2One (Post 34168081)
ty, funny hubby just asked me *quietly* does TRU have ad out, come to look and you posted it one min before I came! ty

It's ESP lol.:D

MommieMara 11-11-2010 05:49 AM

My BF ad hero strikes again. Hopefully you can get your hands on BB and the illusive wal-ford ad sans post it notes next :woot:

Sethbacca 11-11-2010 05:51 AM

I won't be there, but a big TU to 90K5 for spreading the cheer :)

MrCodeDude 11-11-2010 05:52 AM

The King is Back!

Sheraz 11-11-2010 05:56 AM

$50 GC for ipod touch. Would Walmart match that and give us walmart $50 GC?

77Pat 11-11-2010 06:04 AM

Uncharted and Infamous for $15 each is a good deal.

gbr0216 11-11-2010 06:04 AM

Does that mean I can go to the store after Turkey and sleep in on Friday?? I want a bundle of 250GB xbox ...

MommieMara 11-11-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheraz (Post 34168581)

No Walmart only matches prices not %off or BOGO or Buy X get Z. They will only match a straight up dollar price.

Now as for this ad are they saying some of these prices will be good starting 10pm thanksgiving day but others not till 5am Black Friday. If so thats just mean. No way in hell I'm hitting that store twice I'll just PM

sicsoul 11-11-2010 06:09 AM

back page has some videogames for buy 1 get 2nd for $5... NFS: Hot Pursuit and Fable 3 for $65 is awesome.

travis442 11-11-2010 06:11 AM

$32.99 is the best price I have seen on the PS3 controller's yet this year, pretty sure I was able to get them for $24.99 last year though guess I should have picked up another one last year.

SlickDealzYo 11-11-2010 07:04 AM

well, won't be going to toys r us this year. 30% off on certain lego sets.... gotta be joking!

RonDo 11-11-2010 07:06 AM

Thx OP, as always.

drsketch 11-11-2010 07:23 AM

thanks!

drsketch 11-11-2010 07:30 AM

train table a great deal! Not seeing a ton of great deals though

MelinMO 11-11-2010 07:36 AM

Bummed about the Lego offer-30%??? They have better deals during the year.

Lots of other good deals to be had though. I'm a little relieved that none of them are on my list though. Our TRU is second only to Kohls in terms of absolute holiday chaos!

That Nerf Capture the Flag thing is awesome if any of you are considering it. We bought it last year and it is very cool!

drsketch 11-11-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelinMO (Post 34171787)
Bummed about the Lego offer-30%??? They have better deals during the year.

Lots of other good deals to be had though. I'm a little relieved that none of them are on my list though. Our TRU is second only to Kohls in terms of absolute holiday chaos!

That Nerf Capture the Flag thing is awesome if any of you are considering it. We bought it last year and it is very cool!

I HATE kohls!! bahhhhh

Every year my wife and I get crappy sweaters or too small shirts we have to return, then I go there and can find absolutely nothing I like :D

BTW I am not an ungreatful bastard just too young at 29 years for kohls..

Last year I returned the clothes and got some hand on wall metal art candle holder things

WBBell 11-11-2010 08:09 AM

10 PM Thursday ... lol. :rolleyes:

Thanks 90K5! :D

RonDo 11-11-2010 08:16 AM

Being at night, when will people line up for this one? Gonna guess noon.

blunky 11-11-2010 08:17 AM

hahahaha. very weak. Good thing is it means one less store to hit. Last year it was a zoo there.

sixthday 11-11-2010 08:52 AM

The $79 PoS netbook looks nice. lol

obidawsn 11-11-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

They don't typically match deals like that, but they might just have a deal like that, anyway.....;) :whistlin: :teehee:

platinumtlc 11-11-2010 09:01 AM

Free crayons and coloring book!!!?? Best freebie ever.

LUCINDA574 11-11-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90K5 (Post 34168059)
Here is the BF TRU ad. Better get in line early, they're opening at 10 p.m. Thursday. :omg:

All in one here:
http://hotfile.com/dl/81820232/60...U.pdf.html

Enjoy :)

Once again you come to the rescue, wouldnt be Black Friday without you!! thanks for the ad!

shellylay81 11-11-2010 09:10 AM

Will WM price match some of these prices at 10pm? The only TRU around is in the city and it'll be a mad house.

jh124 11-11-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunky (Post 34173315)
hahahaha. very weak. Good thing is it means one less store to hit. Last year it was a zoo there.

Agreed. I had planned my Friday morning on the presumption that it would be a high point of my BF. Disappointing. Though, the diaper cases for $10 are a good deal. I donate them. But not sure I'm going to stand in line just for diapers to donate.

drsketch 11-11-2010 09:56 AM

I think they did their sale last year at midnight? I think I remember driving by there on the way to chinamart and saw a ton of people lined up

What sucks though is tru will have many toys that other places will never have

kernalr 11-11-2010 10:04 AM

Anyone know if this is B&M only, or if some of these will be online as well?

obidawsn 11-11-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh124 (Post 34176203)
Agreed. I had planned my Friday morning on the presumption that it would be a high point of my BF. Disappointing. Though, the diaper cases for $10 are a good deal. I donate them. But not sure I'm going to stand in line just for diapers to donate.

The diapers and wipes are the main thing I'm seeing, too. I can really use them with a 2yo and a baby on the way. Not sure about the Babies R Us brand. Is this just new branding for Especially for Baby? Those were always OK (not the greatest, but they worked for us). The wipes, though, will definitely work for me. But if I have the money to spend that day, I may just check with Babies R Us on my lunch break (I have to go to work at 4:30 am, so no early bird shopping for me) and check them out. I've had luck getting BF diaper deals there at that time before.

jh124 11-11-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obidawsn (Post 34177537)
The diapers and wipes are the main thing I'm seeing, too. I can really use them with a 2yo and a baby on the way. Not sure about the Babies R Us brand. Is this just new branding for Especially for Baby? Those were always OK (not the greatest, but they worked for us). The wipes, though, will definitely work for me. But if I have the money to spend that day, I may just check with Babies R Us on my lunch break (I have to go to work at 4:30 am, so no early bird shopping for me) and check them out. I've had luck getting BF diaper deals there at that time before.

I'm positive these are the same diapers that have been re-branded. I have not used them, but used the Especially for Baby diapers in the past with OK results. As far as store brands go, they are alright.

WBBell 11-11-2010 10:36 AM

OK, so there are a lot of nice toy deals in here. But I would honestly rather pay full price AND take a stick in the eye than shop at TRU on BF. I have done the mob scene at WM 3 years running, I have challenged line cutters at BB at 2 in the morning, I have pushed and shoved with the best of 'em. But I absolutely cannot deal with the 3 hours waiting in line to check out. I walked into TRU at about 10 am last year just to see if they had somehow improved their checkout situation .. no dice. The checkout line was marked on the ground with masking tape and wound through the entire store. They had employees standing at points where the checkout line crossed the main walkway directing traffic. Exasperated people standing line with their sleepy, cranky crying kids. Just a huge, unbelievable, hot mess. I will not do it and I truly applaud those of you who do.

XPL051v3 11-11-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBBell (Post 34178543)
OK, so there are a lot of nice toy deals in here. But I would honestly rather pay full price AND take a stick in the eye than shop at TRU on BF. I have done the mob scene at WM 3 years running, I have challenged line cutters at BB at 2 in the morning, I have pushed and shoved with the best of 'em. But I absolutely cannot deal with the 3 hours waiting in line to check out. I walked into TRU at about 10 am last year just to see if they had somehow improved their checkout situation .. no dice. The checkout line was marked on the ground with masking tape and wound through the entire store. They had employees standing at points where the checkout line crossed the main walkway directing traffic. Exasperated people standing line with their sleepy, cranky crying kids. Just a huge, unbelievable, hot mess. I will not do it and I truly applaud those of you who do.

I did it last year and I can say it went very smooth until some guys tried cutting in and ran into Toys R Us. Just about that time 3 cops ran after them and drug them out of the store. I did it only for the Zhu Zhu Pets last year (Yes I got 11 of them with friends). This year doesn't seem like there is much worth it. There toys are over priced compared to Target, Walmart, or even Kmart. What is everyone looking to get at Toys R us this year?

-Xzi

isikorsky 11-11-2010 12:24 PM

Agreed - not much in the deal department. My DS wants one of the remote control buzz lightyears - but am thinking I am going to wait till they are on the clearance rack in the summer time (his birthday)!:bounce:

Will have to wait it out to see if Amazon does any of it's crazy price drops..

ajack30 11-11-2010 12:31 PM

I like the train table and train set, I almost picked it up last year for the same price. I also like the netbook for my 6 year old. Wonder what the warranty might cost - because it will probably be dropped once or twice!

We were one of the first in last year and all went relatively smooth - we scouted the locations of what we wanted late Wednesday night! The line was long and frustrating to some, but we had time to kill until the next store opened at 3am anyway!

noungning 11-11-2010 12:43 PM

:thanks:

noungning 11-11-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

I saw that, my coworker is looking for one and I told her about the Target one last night, this one is better :woot:

derff44 11-11-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

I use the BJs brand for my son and they have done a lot better then every brand except pampers, and i would say they are equal to pampers. I just bought a box of 165 ish diapers for $22 last weekend. I would stock up there and avoid just going to TRU for them on BF

bestfreesurveys 11-11-2010 01:35 PM

Thanks for the ad. There's a few toys my son wanted, so I guess I'll be braving the TRU lines!

Thajor 11-11-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

They didn't have the diaper deal last year; so glad it's back this year!!! Currently have one in diapers and have twins on the way in February!!

Yes the BRU brand is the same as the Especially for Baby brand. I use these diapers all the time (the regular, not supreme), and have been VERY happy with them!!

I don't see the deal on the wipes in the ad though.

Thajor 11-11-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derff44 (Post 34184783)
I use the BJs brand for my son and they have done a lot better then every brand except pampers, and i would say they are equal to pampers. I just bought a box of 165 ish diapers for $22 last weekend. I would stock up there and avoid just going to TRU for them on BF

I'm thinking BRU will have the same deal on the diapers. Much easier to get them there than TRU. 2 years ago I went to BRU for them and there was about 15 people waiting at the door, so not a big deal at all. Quick and easy and the cashier let my dh and I do 2 transactions each; so 12 boxes of diapers and 12 boxes of wipes for us last year!!! Hoping we score again this year!

wosmack 11-11-2010 02:12 PM

What the.... Where's the PS3 bundle deal? I thought for sure they would have one...

ElisMommy 11-11-2010 02:31 PM

I'm going to try to get the train table for my son. We almost got it last year but figured he was too little to play with it.

I plan on being in line by 7:30 probably. Ours is the only toys r us for about 60 miles so I am guessing it will be a madhouse.

I will be running on pregnancy hormones so I pity the fool(s) that try to cut line or stand between me and that train table!!

drsketch 11-11-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElisMommy (Post 34188509)
I will be running on pregnancy hormones so I pity the fool(s) that try to cut line or stand between me and that train table!!

I think I have run into you before :lmao:

and yeah that train table looks cool.. How old is your son? I am considering for my 4 year old son

ElisMommy 11-11-2010 02:36 PM

hahaha!!!! I'm really not that bad. I just huff and puff a lot.

My son is 2.5. He is train crazy-into all that thomas the train stuff. I figure the train table will at least keep all the pieces up off the floor!

VoodooVyper 11-11-2010 03:32 PM

So, the TRU here does not allow for PMing or return re-buys on BF. :(

I like how they open at 10 pm for doorbusters.

From past experiences, how many customers have you seen at 10 pm when the doors open on previous BFs?

tommyboy2010 11-11-2010 04:09 PM

LOL; the trampoline looks like a jail for kids.

I don't know if you ever watched Lockup on msnbc, but the trampoline looks funny and i bet fun for the kid.

blunky 11-11-2010 05:00 PM

I braved TRU last year. What a mess. It's probably the worst store to go to on BF. Crowded and totally unorganized. If you can't get your stuff and check out within the first 2 minutes they open then you're out of luck. Last year I wanted exactly one item. I grabbed it and checked out within 5 minutes. I then decided to go back and look at something else. What a mistake. It took me another 25 minutes just to push my way out of the store. Thankfully with the lack of deals I can skip TRU this year. And from the look of things I probably can stay home this year completely.

cruxion 11-11-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooVyper (Post 34190517)
So, the TRU here does not allow for PMing or return re-buys on BF. :(

I like how they open at 10 pm for doorbusters.

From past experiences, how many customers have you seen at 10 pm when the doors open on previous BFs?

Last year I think they opened at midnight. We went and walked around after leaving walmart. The line to check out was wrapped around the outer edge of the entire store twice and you had to find a lady with a balloon to find the end of the line. Glad we didn't actually want anything.

territg 11-11-2010 05:27 PM

Dag no deals on the Leap Frog Leapster or Vtech Mobigo

Wren 11-11-2010 05:55 PM

Thanks for the ad.

For the first time in 4 years, I won't be waiting in line at TRU because there's nothing worth it this year for me. <sigh>

xrockmanx 11-11-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixthday (Post 34174671)
The $79 PoS netbook looks nice. lol

This caught my eye too. Here are some of the specs:

Sylvania 7 inch Netbook with VIA 8505 Processor - Black ... Item #: 789612

Believe it is the same rubish they have at CVS for $99

adobepro 11-11-2010 10:48 PM

Toys R Us Black Friday Ad

http://bfinsider.com/Toys-R-Us-Black-Friday-Ad

mjmoor 11-12-2010 07:12 AM

Thanks for posting this!

ravenkitty 11-12-2010 11:21 AM

thanks for sharing :)

I always PM what I can at TRU. its not worth THAT madness LOL

Thajor 11-12-2010 01:51 PM

Will TRU have the same prices online?

Thajor 11-12-2010 01:59 PM

Question about the $10 diapers...
On the back page of the ad it show just the diapers for $10 a box and at the top of that page is says "Doorbusters Thus. 10pm - Fri. 1pm"

Then on the inside on around page 16, it shows the diapers for $10 and the wipes for $5 and it says Friday 5am - 1pm.

So which is it? I don't want to go at 10pm if the price isn't good until 5am and I don't want to wait until 5am if it's really 10pm and chance missing out.

Any thoughts?

90K5 11-12-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thajor (Post 34225087)
Question about the $10 diapers...
On the back page of the ad it show just the diapers for $10 a box and at the top of that page is says "Doorbusters Thus. 10pm - Fri. 1pm"

Then on the inside on around page 16, it shows the diapers for $10 and the wipes for $5 and it says Friday 5am - 1pm.

So which is it? I don't want to go at 10pm if the price isn't good until 5am and I don't want to wait until 5am if it's really 10pm and chance missing out.

Any thoughts?

Should be good starting at 10pm. That is stated on the top of the last page. If they don't ring up correctly that early, just show them that page of their ad and they should adjust it.. It looks like they will be a doorbuster through both time periods.

flmom08 11-12-2010 02:56 PM

omg the thomas the train early engineer set will be $2 with the $10 coupon in parenting magazine..ill have to go buy another magazine

Karens3 11-13-2010 05:30 PM

Anybody out there w/ ALOT more net book knowledge than myself? I want to get all three (yes, I'm crazy) kids their own net book for Christmas. Is this one worth it or do I keep looking? They will want to do homework, play on FB and do the you tube thing, me I just want to be able to print more coupons, lol. Any help would be appreciated, tia.

SOGGYSTOCKINGS 11-13-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thajor (Post 34224833)
Will TRU have the same prices online?

I am wondering this myself or will these be available on line?

cdonahue07 11-13-2010 09:22 PM

does anyone else feel like there's no great toy deals this year?? i have an almost 4 year old & this will be my 4th time black friday shopping & i feel like the last 3 years have had much better deals for little kid toys..

SOGGYSTOCKINGS 11-14-2010 04:00 PM

Anyone know any reviews on that android tablet or know of another one being sold on black friday(besides ipad)?

xrockmanx 11-14-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karens3 (Post 34255733)
Anybody out there w/ ALOT more net book knowledge than myself? I want to get all three (yes, I'm crazy) kids their own net book for Christmas. Is this one worth it or do I keep looking? They will want to do homework, play on FB and do the you tube thing, me I just want to be able to print more coupons, lol. Any help would be appreciated, tia.

The stuff at TRU is not good. Someone else was gonna have a real netbook for $150, I think Walmart, which would be allot better!

tivaclare 11-14-2010 06:39 PM

I need some advice from you pros. I've never really done the early morning BF thing. I went to TRU last year in the afternoon and it was CHAOS, but I didn't want any of the "hot" items, so I was able to find what I wanted.

This year, I want the $10 diapers and $5 wipes. (I know, I'm the lamest BF shopper ever) Do I need to get up at the crack of dawn to get these, or should I be able to go there at a "regular" hour? I need size 4s or 5s, I'm not sure how quickly the larger sizes will sell out.

Any tips?

Ir0nAlex 11-14-2010 10:05 PM

WOO, were on Engadget :)
http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/1...k-140-syl/

traquemort 11-15-2010 12:40 AM

The ipod touch deal is the best, but I already got it 2 weeks ago at TRU with the 20off coupon and 10GC, difference comes out to me paying $17 more but no waiting in line.

Last year I also passed by TRU on BF and it was insane. They had ipods on sale as well and they were sold out fast.

BTW the 10% rewards back applies only to the after giftcard price(but pay taxes on the full price), and don't forget that the limit is $50 (so $500 spent) for the promo period, which goes until xmas.

Spudweiser 11-15-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

They sure will, look at their ad scan

Karens3 11-15-2010 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrockmanx (Post 34277741)
The stuff at TRU is not good. Someone else was gonna have a real netbook for $150, I think Walmart, which would be allot better!

Thank you, I will check out Walmart's ad.

pslmomof2 11-15-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karens3 (Post 34291655)
Thank you, I will check out Walmart's ad.

It's actually Best Buy that's going to have the Netbook for $150, they are Compaq netbooks, I tried to find specs on them but couldn't find any. Check the laptop/netbook thread on the black friday forum and you can find out more info.

jh124 11-15-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tivaclare (Post 34281857)
This year, I want the $10 diapers and $5 wipes. (I know, I'm the lamest BF shopper ever) Do I need to get up at the crack of dawn to get these, or should I be able to go there at a "regular" hour?

I've been there in the late morning hours and there are still plenty of cases of diapers left in the sizes I've needed (3-4, last year). I think it will vary from store to store WRT the amount of stock available. I'm not sure that helps you.

Karens3 11-15-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pslmomof2 (Post 34295237)
It's actually Best Buy that's going to have the Netbook for $150, they are Compaq netbooks, I tried to find specs on them but couldn't find any. Check the laptop/netbook thread on the black friday forum and you can find out more info.

Thank you for your help.

meanmonkee 11-16-2010 06:57 PM

Thank you!!

Thank you!

Thajor 11-19-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

I need some advice from you pros. I've never really done the early morning BF thing. I went to TRU last year in the afternoon and it was CHAOS, but I didn't want any of the "hot" items, so I was able to find what I wanted.

This year, I want the $10 diapers and $5 wipes. (I know, I'm the lamest BF shopper ever) Do I need to get up at the crack of dawn to get these, or should I be able to go there at a "regular" hour? I need size 4s or 5s, I'm not sure how quickly the larger sizes will sell out.

Any tips?

Skip TRU and go to BRU for the diaper and wipes deal. I think BRU opens at 5am. I did this deal 2 years ago and got to the store around 4:40 and there were about 10 other people waiting. Went right in got what I needed and didn't have to wait at all in line!

vIGAMEIv 11-19-2010 05:16 PM

So walmart will match toys r us deal on the ipod touch 32gb? I know walmart is offering a deal on the 8gb but not the 32gb

dencoder 11-20-2010 08:24 AM

will some of the items be available online? i only want the swing set @ TRU

le85 11-23-2010 03:46 PM

Where is the TRU BF ad avail? I was looking at the one I got in my sun paper and it's not for BF. I need the BF one so that I can PM at walmart? Greatly appreciate it if someone can give me a reply soon : )

HOTCHICA6119 11-23-2010 04:18 PM

any 1 know where i can find LeapsterĀ® Disney Fairy Tale Learning Gift Pack for less than the $112 sale price

kendrab1223 11-23-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le85 (Post 34586082)
Where is the TRU BF ad avail? I was looking at the one I got in my sun paper and it's not for BF. I need the BF one so that I can PM at walmart? Greatly appreciate it if someone can give me a reply soon : )

It'll be in the newspaper on thanksgiving along with all the other BF ads. Get the paper EARLY or it may sell out (depending on where you live). I used to work mornings at a gas station on thanksgiving and our huge stacks where sold out by 9am after opening at 6am!

Natalye 11-23-2010 04:30 PM

I would love to find some ball point dolls and accessories on sale this BF, and althought I'm searcing for days, can't find single information about any kind of sale. (*sigh* why are they so expensive?) Anyone knows about good deals?

lilbuddy 11-23-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dencoder (Post 34480913)

Want to know the same thing.

le85 11-23-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendrab1223 (Post 34587033)
It'll be in the newspaper on thanksgiving along with all the other BF ads. Get the paper EARLY or it may sell out (depending on where you live). I used to work mornings at a gas station on thanksgiving and our huge stacks where sold out by 9am after opening at 6am!

Thanks for the response... and even more thanks for the tip... I think i'll grab one from walmart...

What time is the paper usually avail around?

OkieLora 11-24-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dencoder (Post 34480913)

I can't be sure but I am using the skews to put the things in my cart that I want and will just check back at 10pm tomorrow. I only want a couple items but I hope I can get them online, not worth the hassle trying to go to TRU.

Lora

gbr0216 11-24-2010 02:31 PM

Looks like I will be at TRU at 10 p.m. - Justin Bieber Singing Dolls on limited basis... my dd wants one so bad...

bankyconan 11-24-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Any tips?

LOL. This will be my 3rd year going BF shopping at TRU just to stock up on diapers,wipes & baby food (sadly the earth's best food used to be BOGO, but now its B2G1 :mad:).

It's pretty funny when all the ladies in line are wondering why i'm there (i'm a 32 y/o man :lol:). I assure them i'm not there to wrestle with them over the hannah montana dolls but to get baby supplies. Usually i show up an hour early (4am) and get pretty much all that i want.

Sadly last year they let customers by the diapers ealry or something because the aisle was ravaged before i even got to it, and nobody else was even near that section. The diapers are a great deal. I'm down to 3 boxes of size 2, and 1 box of wipes from last year.

Good luck and remember to stick and move!

cdonahue07 11-24-2010 04:23 PM

i went to toys r us today & was told by an employee @ the customer service desk that our store wouldn't be opening at 10, they would be opening at midnight (south portland maine) & then i saw someone's facebook status (who works at toys r us) "day off till black friday..we open at midnight!" ...sooo i don't know if this is just our store or other stores but it might be something you want to check.. idk how it's affecting deals i'm not going there for anything this year unless my mother in law wants to go.

aidankate32476 11-24-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdonahue07 (Post 34618905)
i went to toys r us today & was told by an employee @ the customer service desk that our store wouldn't be opening at 10, they would be opening at midnight (south portland maine) & then i saw someone's facebook status (who works at toys r us) "day off till black friday..we open at midnight!" ...sooo i don't know if this is just our store or other stores but it might be something you want to check.. idk how it's affecting deals i'm not going there for anything this year unless my mother in law wants to go.

It's not just you. I think the midnight opening applies to ALL the 'regular' (year-round) TRU's. The TRU Express locations, however, DO open at 10pm. The only big difference I could gather from what the girl over the phone told me was that the Express locations do not carry the video game systems (do not know about games though) and the large items. There may be other items that are YMMV, but I think it's mainly electronics/big ticket things. If you have one of these near you, in addition to a regular TRU, and have some time to spare (what BFer doesn't?), it might be something to consider, depending on what you're after. Luckily, I'm not after any of the electronics (digital picture frame being the exception, but I can get one at Walmart or Target for $4 more).

Would you risk a potentially sweet spot in line at the regular TRU that you've been to the past five BF's (and therefore know the crowd mentality, etc.) to go to what may/may not be a less busier/smaller TRU Express (this is it's first year in this location, and I have a feeling it's only a holiday season thing) in the hopes that you could get all of your items there and NOT have to deal with the larger TRU?

cdonahue07 11-24-2010 06:23 PM

oh! thanks for the info. i didn't even know they had such thing as tru express.. we only have one tru in maine (unless there's one up north i don't know of) :p

gbr0216 11-24-2010 06:40 PM

According to toysrus facebook page - toysrus stated: The sale is a pre-thanksgiving online only sale that starts at 11:59pm tonight! The Stores will open again tomorrow at 10:00pm for the After Thanksgiving sale!

Guess we don't sleep tonight either!

TheGMan 11-24-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gail1 (Post 34622487)
According to toysrus facebook page - toysrus stated: The sale is a pre-thanksgiving online only sale that starts at 11:59pm tonight! The Stores will open again tomorrow at 10:00pm for the After Thanksgiving sale!

Guess we don't sleep tonight either!

Wish they would give a preview as what to expect online.

ldlslon 11-25-2010 09:01 AM

Did everyone get an ad in today's paper? I did not.

MrBlackFriday 11-25-2010 09:11 AM

I'll be going to an express outlet at 10pm tonight. yay

rock_drummer08 11-25-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlackFriday (Post 34647969)
I'll be going to an express outlet at 10pm tonight. yay

Do you think the express would be less packed than the main toysrus? Which would yall recommend?

flee 11-25-2010 07:26 PM

The BF items are available, in limited selections, not the complete ad. Im trying to get the B1G2 on transformer action figures and they are not coming up as the sale price at checkout. Any ideas?

Specialist23 11-25-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 34666503)
The BF items are available, in limited selections, not the complete ad. Im trying to get the B1G2 on transformer action figures and they are not coming up as the sale price at checkout. Any ideas?

i would like to second this. please let us know if you figure this out.

flee 11-25-2010 07:39 PM

One possible answer is the Toys R Us website is atrocious and always has been.

Specialist23 11-25-2010 07:43 PM

just got it. even though it says that it's the buy 1, get two free, it's only specific ones. click on the terms box, then on the link where it states eligible items.

i got the 5.99 items to to work. i wonder if i add a higher price item first, then add the others, it would work. although the site is kinda crawling right now.

dencoder 11-25-2010 07:51 PM

are there any toys r us free shipping codes?

Specialist23 11-25-2010 07:52 PM

any free shipping codes?

bobandjess99 11-25-2010 07:55 PM

YAY!! My order is done, got everything I really needed. One thing I wanted did not have free shipping with the shoprunner, so I deleted it, it would have killed the deal. Now to sleep until 6 :nod:

dencoder 11-25-2010 07:57 PM

the item that i want, a swing, doesn't have free shipping or ship to store either damn.

if you guys know of any free shipping codes, that would be great. thanks.

flee 11-25-2010 08:03 PM

Just shop runner for free shipping, still can't get that b1g2 to work. Can't even access that page. My cart I can access, but thats it.

Oh wow, just realized Shop Runner isn't free shipping for everything, screw the $5.99 toys. I have nothing good to say about the TRU website. Bandwidth sucks, layout sucks, prices suck, charging for shipping sucks.

dencoder 11-25-2010 08:04 PM

what's shop runner? sorry i don't know about it.

leebo 11-25-2010 08:06 PM

stupid toys R us. Really...$27 to ship a plastic Playhouse. ERR

$6 to ship a baby doll. Who pays' shipping anymore anyways?

flee 11-25-2010 08:06 PM

3rd party service, they ship some items for free. They have a 30 day free trial, you have to cancel within 30 days or you get billed.
http://www.toysrus.com/shoprunner...ee-details

dencoder 11-25-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 34668000)
3rd party service, they ship some items for free. They have a 30 day free trial, you have to cancel within 30 days or you get billed.
http://www.toysrus.com/shoprunner...ee-details

thanks i just signed up...but the swing that i want isn't eligible for free shipping wow :(

Specialist23 11-25-2010 08:12 PM

plz delete

leebo 11-25-2010 08:21 PM

I'll have to pass. Don't have the urge to sign up for another membership. I've got no doubt it would ship/cancel just fine...just don't wana mess with it honestly.

Good luck....and enjoy. Here's to hoping Amazon has Baby Ah-Choo as my daughter want's the "sick baby".

Gavica 11-25-2010 09:18 PM

For anyone that went to Toys R Us, did the Xbox Consoles fly off the shelves?

Zirob 11-25-2010 09:32 PM

nooo...the Sansa 8gb mp3 player is sold out online!!

Any other good mp3 deals?