Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Amazon Whiskas Choice Cuts Variety Pack Food for Cats & Kittens, 3-Ounce Pouches (48 count) $13 with Subscribe and Save (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/2540267-amazon-whiskas-choice-cuts-variety-pack-food-for-cats-kittens-3-ounce-pouches-48-count-13-with-subscribe-and-save)

lilpseudo 01-03-2011 05:34 PM

Amazon Whiskas Choice Cuts Variety Pack Food for Cats & Kittens, 3-Ounce Pouches (48 count) $13 with Subscribe and Save

Amazon has Whiskas Choice Cuts Variety Pack Food for Cats & Kittens for $13.02 with Subscribe and Save.

Choice of Seafood Variety Pack (Tuna, Whitefish & Tuna, Salmon, Cod & Shrimp), 3-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 48): *Now OOS*

http://www.amazon.com/Whiskas-Sea...sim_gro_63

or Choice Cuts Chef's Favorites Variety Pack (Tuna, Turkey, Chicken, Beef) Food for Cats & Kittens, 12-Count Packages (Pack of 4):

http://www.amazon.com/Whiskas-Fav...gro_text_b

minty_mommy 01-03-2011 08:10 PM

Great deal OP! :bounce: This used to be my kitties favorite. Now they're getting older, all they want is the pate type! :P

Price comparison, for those on the fence, one 12 pk averages between $6-7 and the 24 pk is around $11-12, depending on where you shop and your coupon usage. ;)

sam_a_nantha 01-04-2011 08:41 AM

Awesome, thank you!

Zuryn 01-04-2011 09:02 AM

As a Siberian breeder it's important to note that the guaranteed analysis of all of the foods contained in these variety packs indicates 8% crude protein and 3% crude fat, which are both far below our nutritional recommendations for cats (and even more insufficient for kittens). Our usual guideline for wet foods is 10% protein and 4% fat for adult felines and 13% / 6% for kittens. Some of the name brand wet foods actually DO meet these requirements, namely Purina ProPlan and two of the Fancy Feast varieties.

As another breeder put it, most name brand foods are essentially fast food for your cat. Please read the label and pay attention to what your kitten/cat is eating! If you want more info please feel free to PM me.

TheBookMan 01-04-2011 09:05 AM

Good deal, got a pack. Not quite a "steal", as you can find the 12 packs for $4 around here, and use a $1 or $1.50 off coupon at times, but this will save my gas and time getting more, and I'm on my last box. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuryn (Post 36018505)
As another breeder put it, most name brand foods are essentially fast food for your cat. Please read the label and pay attention to what your kitten/cat is eating! If you want more info please feel free to PM me.

Yeah, I treat this stuff as fast food myself. I give my cat 1/2 a packet of this each night. The rest of the time he has a decently balanced dry food. He looks forward to his nightly fast food though. :yummy:

teaj 01-04-2011 09:11 AM

I was going to have to get more eventually so this is a good deal for me! Thanks.

saladdin 01-04-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuryn (Post 36018505)
As a Siberian breeder it's important to note that the guaranteed analysis of all of the foods contained in these variety packs indicates 8% crude protein and 3% crude fat, which are both far below our nutritional recommendations for cats (and even more insufficient for kittens). Our usual guideline for wet foods is 10% protein and 4% fat for adult felines and 13% / 6% for kittens. Some of the name brand wet foods actually DO meet these requirements, namely Purina ProPlan and two of the Fancy Feast varieties.

Beats the hotdogs for $0.88 a pack I've been feeding them. This will be like caviar to them.

saladdin

Tazznum1 01-04-2011 09:19 AM

Thank you bought both. Saves me $ and tax $!

JasonFTW 01-04-2011 09:25 AM

good deal. kinda makes me want to go out and get a cat.

thehip 01-04-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonFTW (Post 36019291)

No cat needed, this tastes great on Wheat Thins.

Lmandrake 01-04-2011 09:31 AM

Now OOS. Was going to purchase for the feral kitties living under my shed. They are not too fussy about the nutritional values of what I put out for them....

Tazznum1 01-04-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonFTW (Post 36019291)

I have a couple. Do you have a specific color in mind? :nod:

DealGypsy 01-04-2011 09:38 AM

You mad my sons cats, smile ordered.

eartha 01-04-2011 09:41 AM

Unfortunately, the seafood food variety is no longer available for subscribe and save. :( But I picked up the other one, so thanks. My kitty is severely underweight and this is one of the few foods that she will eat (well, some varieties -- dang I wish that seafood one was in stock because she loves that stuff!). Also, Zuryn, I PM-ed you for the list. Since the vet has her on steroids, she's been desperately hungry for the last few days, so this may be an opportune time to try to get something healthier in her.

e-powersellers 01-04-2011 09:46 AM

Thanks, got the
Whiskas Choice Cuts Chef's Favorites Variety Pack (Tuna, Turkey, Chicken, Beef) Food for Cats & Kittens, 12-Count Packages (Pack of 4)
Since the seafood is dead on S&S.

:)

JasonFTW 01-04-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazznum1 (Post 36019627)
I have a couple. Do you have a specific color in mind? :nod:

the fluffier the better:)

DealGypsy 01-04-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBookMan (Post 36018617)
Good deal, got a pack. Not quite a "steal", as you can find the 12 packs for $4 around here, and use a $1 or $1.50 off coupon at times, but this will save my gas and time getting more, and I'm on my last box. Thanks!

Yeah, I treat this stuff as fast food myself. I give my cat 1/2 a packet of this each night. The rest of the time he has a decently balanced dry food. He looks forward to his nightly fast food though. :yummy:

most of the time it's around 6 bucks a package.

IGGUS 01-04-2011 10:01 AM

In for one of the Whiskas, thanks!

(As I finalized my order the UPS man knocked on my door and delivered the Honey Nut Cheerios I recently subscribed to!)

DealGypsy 01-04-2011 10:05 AM

Repped

dealornodeal 01-04-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonFTW (Post 36019993)
the fluffier the better:)

Don't give him one of your cats by all means. He's gonna make himself a mink coat :eek:

DealGypsy 01-04-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealornodeal (Post 36020917)
Don't give him one of your cats by all means. He's gonna make himself a mink coat :eek:

He did say he loved Chinese food......hummmmmmm hide the kitties.

ba_rt 01-04-2011 10:25 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if Turkey in Gravy flavor had 2 ingredients - turkey and gravy? :)

Turkey In Gravy: Sufficient Water For Processing, Chicken, Meat By-products, Wheat Gluten, Turkey, Starch, Salt, Natural Flavors, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Caramel Coloring, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Dl-methionine, Vitamin E & D3 Supplements, Iron Oxide, Xanthan Gum, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity).

bostonlou 01-04-2011 10:47 AM

i have 3 cats

anyone want them?

Tazznum1 01-04-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsys (Post 36021007)
He did say he loved Chinese food......hummmmmmm hide the kitties.

Oh noo'z.
Nevermind.

xzelick 01-04-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eartha (Post 36019825)
Unfortunately, the seafood food variety is no longer available for subscribe and save. :( But I picked up the other one, so thanks. My kitty is severely underweight and this is one of the few foods that she will eat (well, some varieties -- dang I wish that seafood one was in stock because she loves that stuff!). Also, Zuryn, I PM-ed you for the list. Since the vet has her on steroids, she's been desperately hungry for the last few days, so this may be an opportune time to try to get something healthier in her.

If your cat's health is suffering and all it will take to get her to eat is to buy her favorite cat food then why would the price matter to you?

eartha 01-04-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzelick (Post 36025763)
If your cat's health is suffering and all it will take to get her to eat is to buy her favorite cat food then why would the price matter to you?

It doesn't. This is exactly what she eats, so it's a win-win to buy this. Plus, even if she gets finicky, I have another cat who isn't finicky at all.

solidsnakealpha 01-04-2011 03:33 PM

Saw this last night on Dealnews, a good deal compared to local pricing around here...........our cat loves this stuff as his daily treat.