Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Drugstore/Grocery B&M Deals + Discussion (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   CVS Coupon DISCUSSION: questions, scenarios, & chat for ALL coupons (including Manufacturers) that can be used at CVS (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/715594-cvs-coupon-discussion-questions-scenarios-chat-for-all-coupons-including-manufacturers-that-can-be-used-at-cvs)

slayers750 01-12-2008 12:10 AM

CVS Coupon DISCUSSION: questions, scenarios, & chat for ALL coupons (including Manufacturers) that can be used at CVS

This is the CVS Coupon Discussion thread for questions, scenarios & chat for all coupons (including Manufacturers) that can be used at CVS.

This is the only thread due to the fact another thread that had CVS coupons only turned into a begging thread and was full of abuse.

"PLEASE READ THE WIKI FOR RULES ABOUT THIS COUPON THREAD"

April 28, 2009, 3:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.

September 14, 2009, 1:47 pm: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.

wikipost 01-12-2008 12:10 AM

Read This First Before Starting A Discussion About Coupons!:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: ALL CVS COUPON BEGGING POSTS WILL BE DELETED AND A WARNING FOR SPAMMING THE BOARD WILL BE ISSUED!

Current CVS Email Coupons:
CVS Email Coupons x3-21
CVS Email 5off20 x3-17
CVS Email Coupons x3-14 Plus Save $6 Prevacid 24HR x3-14

Current CVS 5off20 No.CA/NV Only Coupons:
4-3883 x3-20 Reno Stores Only(direct link from ShopLocal /CVS Ad)

FAQ:

Q: Will (insert coupon) BEEP?

A: There are two types of e-mailed coupons. Product-specific coupons and $ off coupons. In most cases, product specific coupons will NOT beep at the register, regardless of whether you rec'd them in your email or not. On the other hand, $ off coupons WILL likely beep if you did not get them directly in your email. The cashier's screen will pop up with a message along the lines of "Coupon not valid for card scanned"

Q: Will my cashier push a beeping coupon through?

A: YMMV....that is up to the cashier/manager. Some users have reported that even if they have received a coupon directly from CVS, it still beeps, so CVS will probably push your coupon through as a courtesy to you. There is no official policy to push through beeping coupons, so DO NOT EXPECT THEM TO PUSH THEM THROUGH for you.

Q: What are 12-digit and 13-digit coupons? What's the difference?

A: A coupon barcode that has 13 digits is one-time-use. Once it has been used, it cannot be used again. If you try to use it again, the coupon will beep and the cashier's screen will say "Coupon already redeemed on [date]" 12 digit coupon are multiple-use coupons, and can be used many times.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: The following information is based on what the CVS register system will allow. Individual store policy is still YMMV.

CVS Coupon Guide

13-digit CVS q's
-some expire promptly on expiration date given
-certain 13-digit CVS q's are lasting past the expiration date given, like the $5/$25 flu shot printable or certain product-specific purchase-based q's from the readyfill booklet (excluding the readyfill booklet generic $4/$20).
-one-time use only: once scanned, that particular 13-digit q can never be used again, even if you void the order & start afresh; on the 2nd attempt, register will say already redeemed on mm-dd-yyyy
-$/$$ limited to one purchased-based coupon per transaction

12-digit CVS q's found in-store or in newspapers, magazines, and other publications
-expire 15 days from expiration date given
-limited to one coupon of the same barcode per transaction

12-digit CVS $/$$ q's emailed periodically (usually near holidays & quarterly rewards)
-always beep as "not valid for card scanned" if you did not directly receive the email
-often beep anyway even if you did directly receive the email
-sometimes work without beeps if you directly received the email
-AND, in some areas, this 12-digit q is one-time use only, as reported by the following users:
shotcaller88 -West Palm Beach, FL
xIncognito -Northern VA
hb5of10 -Houston, TX
jamama -Northern NJ
-limited to one coupon of the same barcode per transaction in certain areas; one-time use only in other areas as already noted
-limited to one purchased-based coupon per transaction

12-digit CVS product-specific q's emailed
-work without beeps even if you did not directly receive the email
-limited to one coupon of the same barcode per transaction

9-digit CVS q's from register receipt
-work only on EC Card for which they were issued
-expire promptly on expiration date given, and in some cases, at the exact hour/minute issued
-limited to one coupon of the same first 5 digits (of the 9-digit code) per transaction
-if used in a transaction that is then voided (so you get CRT back), next time you use it will beep "not valid for card scanned" even though it is for the right EC card.
-if expired & beeps "expired" and you get it back, next time you use it will beep "not valid for card scanned" even though it is for the right EC card.

9-digit CVS daily recurring q's from price checker/coupon printer
-examples: $2/$10 CVS Brand, $1/2 Gold Emblem Candy, $2 Gold Emblem Water 6pk or larger
-CVS Brand $/$$ expire 30 days from expiration date given (needs more current confirmation)
-CVS Brand product-specific q's expire at least 21 days from expiration date given or expire when a new code (as defined by the first 5 digits) for the same product type begins issuing, whichever occurs first (needs more current confirmation)
-limited to one coupon of the same first 5 digits (of the 9-digit code) per transaction
-if used in a transaction that is then voided (so you get CRT back), next time you use it will beep "not valid for card scanned" even though it is for the right EC card.
-if expired & beeps "expired" and you get it back, next time you use it will beep "not valid for card scanned" even though it is for the right EC card.

9-digit CVS $/$$ or product-specific q's from price checker/coupon printer
-examples: $5/$25, $1 Almay, $4/$20 Playskool, $2 Colgate Toothpaste
-expire promptly on expiration date given

Notes:
-actual CVS q's begin with 4
-9-digit CVS q's from your receipt or the price checker/coupon printer are called CRT's
-using expired CVS q's is YMMV, even if they work without beeps; some stores take them, some don't
-exceptions may occur due to store-specific programming of their registers
-exceptions may occur due to glitches in the system, especially on Wednesdays, but usually revert back by the following day
-exceptions may occur due to cashier error
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before starting a discussion about coupons , PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

COUPON ACCEPTANCE
As a general rule, stores should accept your coupons because they got you in the door and build sales. The official corporate policy is that CVS will accept one Manufacturer's coupon and one CVS coupon per item. Extra Care Bucks do not count as a coupon for purposes of this rule.

When you get into the fringe scenarios, however, it will vary by district, store, and even by cashier. Some stores have been instructed to "take all the coupons a customer has", some limit you in various ways. Some stores allow multiple "Save $X on $YY purchase" coupons, some don't. Some stores allow the use of coupons past their printed expiration date, some do not. Please note that the newer Save $x on $yy purchase coupons limit you to 1 per transaction.

USAGE OF EXPIRED COUPONS
Historically speaking, CVS coupons do not beep* until 2 weeks after the expiration date printed on the coupon. Some stores take the coupons until they beep, even if it is past the expiration date. Other stores have a policy to NOT take coupons once they have expired.

So, until something changes in their system, a $/$$ coupon that is expired will NOT beep until it is 2 weeks past the expiration date. Given that, please calculate what 2 weeks past the expiration date is and don't ask this question in the thread.

Since some stores have a 'no expired' coupon policy, and we do not want to abuse their kindness in giving us these coupons, please don't be upset if your store won't take the expireds. It happens. Key here is that once a CVS coupon expires, it is even more YMMV than before.

* "beep" : When the CVS register system alerts the cashier that the coupon was not accepted, we refer to this as a coupon that "beeps".

USAGE OF "Save $X on $YY purchase" COUPONS - STACKING AND SUPERSTACKING
The official corporate policy is that you may use as many of these coupons as you like, as long as your total purchased meets the total of the coupons.

In other words, if you purchased $30.00, you may use both a "$4 off $20" and a "$2 off $10" in the same transaction. You may not use a "$4 off $20", a "$3 off $15" and a "$2 off $10" together in this scenario because those coupons would require a $45 total purchase.

An item that is FREE as part of a B1G1 by CVS cannot be counted towards your minimum purchase required to meet the $xx.

This is to keep consistent with how CVS would officially count how much you spent when there is an ECB deal that requires buy $xx and get $yy ECB. (See below for example):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When CVS has their "Buy x of product, and earn $xx ECB" promo, and the items are on sale B1G1 Free, do both of them count toward the promo?

If the ECB deal is buy a specific amount of $$ in order to obtain the ECB, then only the one you pay for counts. The free one will NOT count.

If the ECB deal is buy a specific number of ITEMS in order to obtain the ECB, then both items will count.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other words, we need to have the minimum threshold for the $xx be calculated in the same exact manner as how CVS would do it when they (CVS) offer a B1G1 sale.

Any deal scenario or discussion that talks about using these type of coupons without the total being greater than the minimum threshold of each $x/$xx coupon and/or counts the free item towards the $xx minimum threshold for a CVS B1G1 sale will be deleted.

SlickDeals does not condone fraud, the discussion of fraud, or anything resembling fraud. Any scenario where you try to cheat CVS by inappropriate purchasing & returning, using coupons to buy gift cards, or any other fraudulent usage will be removed and you will be subject to warnings for illegal activity.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR COUPON BEEPS
Please do not call the CVS customer care line to complain because a store didn't allow you to stack multiple $X off $YY purchase coupons, or because they wouldn't let you use an expired coupon, or because they wouldn't let you use a coupon for a 6.0 oz colgate on the 4.2 oz package (that coincidentally is generating ECB), etc. DO NOT EVER CALL ABOUT STACKING $x/$xx COUPONS!

CURRENT KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH PARTICULAR CVS COUPONS
*will be updated as issues are reported*

The following is an example of starting a discussion about stacking $x/$xx coupons and should be avoided, instead one should please read the above about coupon acceptance instead.
Quote:

Not that it would be wise to attempt it and attract unwanted attention, but as an example to facilitate understanding here : On a $35 purchase transaction of at least 9 items, a register could accept all the following unique coupons ?

$5 off $30 #1, 4-1583, 1-13-08
$5 off $30 #2, 4-1817 , 1-13-08
$4 off $20, 4-1584, 1-13-08
$4 off $20, 4-3037, 1-21
$5 off $15, Times Union 1-13
$3 off $15, 4-1585, 1-13-08
$3 off $15, 4-1587, 1-27
$2 off $10 4-1575, CVS Brand, 1-13-08
$2 off $10, 4-9924, 1/31/08

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OFFICIAL POLICY REGARDING THE POSTING OF COUPONS ON SD AND ALSO ANY FUTURE COUPONS THAT HAVE NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED.

The official policy on coupons as far as SD goes is that we allow all coupons to be posted with the following exceptions:
• Altered coupons - warnable offense
• Posting a scanned version of a coupon that was printed out at Coupons.com - warnable offense
(note: providing a link to where to print out the coupon at Coupons.com is OK)
• Scanned manufacturer's coupons - warnable offense
• One-time use coupons (useless anyway)
• Coupons asked to be removed by the source (for example, Lowe's and Target have both asked us to pull coupons off SD)
• Please note that CVS has asked us to not allow attachments, this includes *.JPG, *.PDF, and *.DOC to be posted here. Direct links to CVS coupons will still be allowed.
As for the coupons posted early, as long as they are hosted by the retailer on the retailer's server, we'll allow them. As a compromise, we'll hide the posts until they are 'officially released', but we will allow them to be posted.

This is an email I recived from Corp regarding coupon use - NeedNewShoes

Quote:

Dear Ms. Jen :

Thank you for taking the time to contact CVS/pharmacy with your inquiry regarding CVS/pharmacy coupon policies and proceedures. I hope that the following information will help to clarify things for your group.

We value our savvy coupon shoppers at CVS/pharmacy. As of June 2007 however, we are no longer accepting expired coupons.

Like many companies, we cheerfully reset expired coupons for many years to accommodate our wonderful customers. The recent change in proceedure can only be attributed to loss prevention.

CVS/pharmacy will accept coupons printed from the Internet.

They must have a legible barcode that scans at the register.

If the coupon does not scan at the register, the cashier should politely inform you that we are unable to accept your coupon. We do not allow manual overrides at the register for coupons printed from the Internet.

Our registers are set to allow 1 CVS coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item. However, the staff should be allowing customers to use Extra Bucks in combination with other CVS coupons since these are coupons you have “earned.”

In addition, similarly they should be allowing the use of “offer at the register” coupons which would be an open offer of $3 off of $15 or a certain dollar amount off of a specific item.

Since our registers are programmed to only accept 2 coupons (1 CVS, 1 manufacturer) per item if the number of coupons exceed the items purchased a member of management will need to assist the cashier in processing the coupons.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

But once again, I thank you for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
Sincerely,

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 12:19 AM

Slayers,
Is this only for discussion of CVS printable coupons or any coupons that we may use at CVS?

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 12:20 AM

CVS Coupon AND Other (i.e. Manufacturer's) Coupons that can be used at CVS Discussion Thread

Has anybody tried using the new $3/10 Lumene coupon that was emailed out this week with exp. date of 1/13 ?

slayers750 01-12-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9707147)
Slayers,
Is this only for discussion of CVS printable coupons or any couponsthat we may use at CVS?

That is a good question. For right now, I think it would be OK to talk about any coupons that can be used at CVS -- and if the mods think otherwise, then they are free to revise it to make it for CVS coupons only.

I will for right now revise the title.

asocasno 09-13-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkorn (Post 22919793)
I agree...

I know that they are 13 number long Q's and should stop working promptly after expiring but has any one tried any of the blue ready fill Q's on 9/13 (4 off 20, 2 off 10, etc) ?

I seem to have several books left over and could not get out to use them.

Thanx!

The 4 off 20 (any purchase) and the 2 off 10 (oral care) worked for me at 2am.

longhorn11 09-13-2009 05:09 AM

4/20 from readyfill beeped as expired around 6:30am this morning for me. cashier pushed it thru though :nod:

Odie Wan 09-13-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 22921023)
With about 80% of my purchases, I get a 4/20 CRT. Is this normal? Can I always expect to get them?

For example, I stopped there to get a bag of skittles for my DD. A 4/20 Q printed on my receipt. Later in the day, I had to go to CVS again to get a card (0.99) and another 4/20 Q printed. Does it usually happen this often? Can I expect to get this all of the time?
:D

Count your blessings one 4/20 at a time! :drool: Once you really start to save, they usually stop. I haven't gotten a 4/20 for a looooooong while. Could be because my receipt shows year-to-date savings of about $3,000, summer spending about $20! ;) Hmmmmmm! wonder why I don't get 4/20 anymore! :D

Tipper55 09-13-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyrose (Post 22907507)
Oh man, that was rude. If she was never going to come back out, I'd rather she tell you then give you the assumption that she might. So sorry this happened to you! I would call corporate on this. Not cause of the coupons but for the treatment really.

I think the real problem is how CVS set this promotion up, and did you notice in the preview of next week's ad it says "ask the pharmacy for a prescription review and get the $100 book"?

I've never been to the Minute Clinic until I wanted the book, so I didn't realize there isn't a receptionist or anything, just the nurse. So, if the nurse is with someone you have to wait. Then the nurse gets irritated when you "attack" her when she finally opens the door, further she gets more irritated when you tell her you don't need the flu shot! :shake: So really, that just wasn't the smartest way to go about giving out the books.

MyFeetHurt 09-13-2009 06:16 AM

Mgr at my store said they received an email telling them to give out the books to the people that get a flu shot first and then if any are left over, they can just give those out

susan0830 09-13-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn11 (Post 22923087)
4/20 from readyfill beeped as expired around 6:30am this morning for me. cashier pushed it thru though :nod:

Anyone else have the Ready Fill Q's beep?

harporrt 09-13-2009 07:01 AM

yes, beeped for me twice. I just pulled out a 5/25.

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan0830 (Post 22923873)

kathyrose 09-13-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipper55 (Post 22923419)
I think the real problem is how CVS set this promotion up, and did you notice in the preview of next week's ad it says "ask the pharmacy for a prescription review and get the $100 book"?

I've never been to the Minute Clinic until I wanted the book, so I didn't realize there isn't a receptionist or anything, just the nurse. So, if the nurse is with someone you have to wait. Then the nurse gets irritated when you "attack" her when she finally opens the door, further she gets more irritated when you tell her you don't need the flu shot! :shake: So really, that just wasn't the smartest way to go about giving out the books.

Oh no, I totally understand. Just that if the nurse didn't want to come back out with the book really I'd appreciate if she told me even if it was something like, "I'm sorry but you will wait forever." At least this way I can move on. And I totally agree, CVS set this up in a way where you can get the book in different scenarios depending on how you read/take it.

AVANDARLAY 09-13-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnauzermomma (Post 22919465)
I agree this woman was unnecessarily rude!

I agree, you should call corporate to complain about her actions. I would think they would have a means to get you a copy of the coupon book as 'compensation' for her actions.

Maybe you don't really intend it, but do you realize that almost ALL of your posts about CVS are negative?

I don't agree that CVS trains all their employees to be rude. I do think that rude behavior begets rude behavior, and negative attitudes beget negative attitudes. Perhaps that is why you see all the employees at CVS as rude. Personally, I like almost all the employees at the CVS stores I frequent.

When you can't say something nice, I'd just rather not hear from you. Maybe you could only post when you have good news? Oh yeah, that would mean you would likely never post in a CVS thread, huh?

Ok, and this post is proof that negative behavior begets negative behavior. My apologies to the rest of you reading this that I have stooped down to this level in responding on this issue.

Now back to our regular CVS coupon discussions!

I meant everything I said and in fact restrained myself-

"My apologies to the rest of you reading this that I have stooped down to this level in responding on this issue."

in your case you did not have to do any "stooping"

I do think this is a forum equally available for both positive and negative comments

if you were to look, you would see that all my negative comments are in response to other negative postings and never initiated by "AVANDARLAY"

by the way-haven't you read all the posts -one after another by people who were mistreated by cvs????

awshucks 09-13-2009 10:28 AM

So, ever since CVS implemented new tax rules, I've been using an extra $1 ECB to help cover the tax and then I hand over my MQs. This usually results in me having a negative subtotal (about $1) and then tax brings me back to the positive. Recently, some of the cashiers at one store have refused to scan my last MQ saying that that would put me in the negative (even though I would still be in the positive after tax) and no amount of talking will change their minds.

What do you guys usually say? I guess I could just all together avoid this store but it's just down the street so it's a pain to have to avoid it.

wanderingwillow 09-13-2009 11:40 AM

^ I wouldn't say anything. I would just stop trying to use the Manuf's to dip into the tax for a while, and start back doing it in a month or so. This issue has been highilghted, and technically they're correct...so waiting it out, and trying again might be a good idea.

Oh, and if you have $2 in Manu coupons, you can't use, and you gave them $2 in ECBs, I would ask for that back, and for them to scan the Manu's....

ricecake 09-13-2009 11:52 AM

Are the oral and facial coupons from the CVS Ready Fill also beeping?

cdworkin 09-13-2009 12:02 PM

One last note for today.;) I used my 20% off my whole order that I got in the mail that was good for 9/12-9/13. It didn't calc the 20% correctly. The total before coupons and tax was $86 and it calculated $4.86 as the discount. I should just learn my lesson already and stop trying to do big transactions, they never work for me.

Kalanchoe 09-13-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdworkin (Post 22929073)
One last note for today.;) I used my 20% off my whole order that I got in the mail that was good for 9/12-9/13. It didn't calc the 20% correctly. The total before coupons and tax was $86 and it calculated $4.86 as the discount. I should just learn my lesson already and stop trying to do big transactions, they never work for me.

The 20% off pass was only supposed to work on non-sale items. Did you maybe only have $24.30 worth of items that weren't on sale?

kimmil 09-13-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan0830 (Post 22923873)

I didn't use the $/$$ but, I used the oral and eye care q's (4 ea.). NO beeps at all.

shopNshop 09-13-2009 01:07 PM

looks like $ off coupon from Ready fil will beep. :-(

cdworkin 09-13-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalanchoe (Post 22929183)
The 20% off pass was only supposed to work on non-sale items. Did you maybe only have $24.30 worth of items that weren't on sale?

Huh. Well what kind of silly coupon is that? Why would I ever buy stuff that is not on sale?!;)

savmom 09-13-2009 03:39 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this, but yesterday I went to use my raincheck for the 6.99 Glade candle from 2 weeks ago and the manager was hovering around coz the cashier wasn't sure how to do the ECB. I was also getting a bottle of Ajax and had the $1 Q from coupons.com Anyway, the manager refused to take either the $1 Ajax Q or the $3 Glade coupon from redplum saying that the tiny circles around the expiry date were supposed to be holograms. That they were copies, not by me but by coupons.com and redplum! I had never heard such a thing. I will be writing to CVS today to complain.

annie85 09-13-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shopNshop (Post 22930343)
looks like $ off coupon from Ready fil will beep. :-(

And the $4/20 diet nutrition coupon wont beep? Sum have reported the $/$$ coupons beep but the coupons that say $3/10 oral care or eyecare coupons dnt. So i assume the diet n nutrition coupon wnt beep? Am i wrong? Plz correct me. And would that also include the facial coupons?

Thanks and sorry if it has been asked! Thx!

coocoocoo 09-13-2009 05:34 PM

Question...

I bought two of the Kids Essentials Drinks today. I had a buy one, get one free Q, as well as a $5.00 Q. They are priced at $11.99.

1) The BOGO beeped.... they needed to scan the manager's card. I assume this is because of the high value? Is this correct?

2) The $5.00 Q beeped also... is this not allowed? The cashier pushed it through for me.

I wanted to get two more on my next run tomorrow, but now I am afraid to try it. I thought it was okay to use one $ amount Q with a BOGO. Am I wrong? I don't want to do something that is not allowed. Any help would be appreciated! :D

ESQKRW 09-13-2009 05:44 PM

I went to CVS today and asked the SA if they had any other coupon books because the readyfill coupons expired yesterday. She leaned over and whispered CVS takes expired coupons. :woot: I asked her when she was working again, she said Tuesday I told her see you then. ;)

ladycat 09-13-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 22934795)
Question...

I bought two of the Kids Essentials Drinks today. I had a buy one, get one free Q, as well as a $5.00 Q. They are priced at $11.99.

1) The BOGO beeped.... they needed to scan the manager's card. I assume this is because of the high value? Is this correct?

2) The $5.00 Q beeped also... is this not allowed? The cashier pushed it through for me.

I wanted to get two more on my next run tomorrow, but now I am afraid to try it. I thought it was okay to use one $ amount Q with a BOGO. Am I wrong? I don't want to do something that is not allowed. Any help would be appreciated! :D

Any coupon values at $10 or more beeps and has to have manager approval.

As for combining a $/? with a BOGO, that's a YMMV. My CVS let's me do that, but some don't.

coocoocoo 09-13-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladycat (Post 22935073)
Any coupon values at $10 or more beeps and has to have manager approval.

As for combining a $/? with a BOGO, that's a YMMV. My CVS let's me do that, but some don't.

Thanks & repped! :)

susan0830 09-13-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmil (Post 22930131)
I didn't use the $/$$ but, I used the oral and eye care q's (4 ea.). NO beeps at all.

No beeps on facial or nutrion/ diet either.

noungning 09-13-2009 06:41 PM

was getting confused, but i just used a very expired readyfill survey 5/25 and it went thru fine, no beeps. didn't try the coupons from the readyfill books tho..

schnauzermomma 09-13-2009 08:12 PM

4/20 Diet/Nutrition coupon from ReadyFill book did not beep today
4/20 any product did beep

And since someone pointed out that they respond negatively only to negative posts, because everybody always mentions their bad experiences with coupons at CVS, I must report that ALL of the cashiers and managers I dealt with today at CVS were most helpful, friendly and particularly nice. :)

Thanks, CVS, for all the great coupons. ;)

AVANDARLAY 09-13-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnauzermomma (Post 22937619)
And since someone pointed out that they respond negatively only to negative posts, because everybody always mentions their bad experiences with coupons at CVS, I must report that ALL of the cashiers and managers I dealt with today at CVS were most helpful, friendly and particularly nice. :)

HOW ABOUT THIS......

:heart: :hug: :hug: :heart: I love all my cvs cashiers,managers and even the landlord....:heart: :hug: :hug: :heart:

maynie 09-14-2009 12:11 AM

I was able to use my expired $10 ecb last night. I asked and they said yes. :)

Also, my latest $4 off $20 coupon has 13 digit coupon code and it's valid thru 9/21/09...does anyone know if it would beep if I try to use it more than once? Didn't try it last night cos I still have a bunch of $5/$25 readyfill coupons to use up before expiration on 9/15.

MyFeetHurt 09-14-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maynie (Post 22942723)
I was able to use my expired $10 ecb last night. I asked and they said yes. :)

Also, my latest $4 off $20 coupon has 13 digit coupon code and it's valid thru 9/21/09...does anyone know if it would beep if I try to use it more than once? Didn't try it last night cos I still have a bunch of $5/$25 readyfill coupons to use up before expiration on 9/15.

13 digit means one time use...so, yes, it would beep

savinpennies 09-14-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnauzermomma (Post 22937619)
4/20 Diet/Nutrition coupon from ReadyFill book did not beep today
4/20 any product did beep

I once started a thread about nice things about cvs employees- as i recall there were some positive posts and even on that thread some felt compelled to write negative things. The thread was soon buried and disappeared. I've had a few run ins, but for the most part the cvs employees I deal with are awesome!

Armadillo 09-14-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savinpennies (Post 22944549)
I once started a thread about nice things about cvs employees- as i recall there were some positive posts and even on that thread some felt compelled to write negative things. The thread was soon buried and disappeared. I've had a few run ins, but for the most part the cvs employees I deal with are awesome!

Yes, me too, except at stores in horrible neighborhoods where they have so much vandalism and shoplifting to worry about I don't blame them for being cranky. The other day a nice old lady cashier got all excited about showing me how many ECB I had earned and circled them all in red for me so I wouldn't miss any - I guess she didn't realize that me paying less than a dollar for $25 of stuff meant I probably knew what I was doing. But it was a nice thought, anyway.

maynie 09-14-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 22943491)
13 digit means one time use...so, yes, it would beep

Thanks for your reply. Is that something new though? 13 digit $/$$ coupon? If so, I guess they only want us to use it once...

ladycat 09-14-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo (Post 22945023)
The other day a nice old lady cashier got all excited about showing me how many ECB I had earned and circled them all in red for me so I wouldn't miss any - I guess she didn't realize that me paying less than a dollar for $25 of stuff meant I probably knew what I was doing. But it was a nice thought, anyway.

LOL that's cute. :bounce: I wonder what she would have thought if you had broken a big order down into multiple transactions.

The cashiers at the store I normally go to are used to me paying a little change for $25 or $30 worth of stuff. Sometimes when I get some especially good deals they cheer me on. :D

MrsStunner 09-14-2009 06:38 AM

Can I do this?

2 Glucerna Shakes @ $6.49ea = $12.98
2 Glucerna Cereal @ $4.59ea = $9.18
2 CVS Diapers = $12.99
Total 35.15
- $5/25 Printable Readyfill
-$4/20 Diet/Nutrition Readyfill Book
-$3/10 CVS Brand CRT
- $9.18 Free Cereal
- $10.50 Glucerna ($3 Glucerna IP x3, $1.50 Glucerna Q)
=$3.47 OOP

Posted this in another thread but haven't received an answer yet. Hoping somewhere here could help?

ladycat 09-14-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsStunner (Post 22945691)
Can I do this?

2 CVS Diapers = $12.99
Total 35.15
-$3/10 CVS Brand CRT
- $9.18 Free Cereal
=$3.47 OOP

Posted this in another thread but haven't received an answer yet. Hoping somewhere here could help?

Looks good to me. :)

MrsStunner 09-14-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladycat (Post 22945965)
Looks good to me. :)

Thanks, I wasn't sure I could use all those $/$$ in one transaction. I'm obviously looking to buy some cheap diapers. Wish my PC didn't mess up printing the last $3 Glucerna or it would have been much cheaper.

elenarus 09-14-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 22820259)
Thank you

But there was an email with one for a new or transferred prescription

I need it for a new one

Have you found coupon for the new prescription? I'm looking for one also.

maynie 09-14-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elenarus (Post 22948919)
Have you found coupon for the new prescription? I'm looking for one also.

I've got 2 printed out when I scanned my cards recently...not sure one on each card or 2 on the same card since I used one already.

BeanYellow 09-14-2009 10:13 AM

New CRTS

Lots of CRTS today:)

Buy 1 Coppertone suncare get 1 free (up to $12.99)

$1 off any Centrum or Caltrate vitamins

$4.00 off Debrox Ear Wax removal kit (This is the 2nd time I've gotten this?!?!?)

$5 off any Lumene skin care :heart:

$1.50 off AquaFresh Isoactive, Extreme Clean, or Advanced 4.3-6oz

$1 off ant ThermaCare heat wraps

$1 off any Aspercreme

$1.50 off any Veet

$1 off Hershey's or Reese's 6 packs

Buy 1 Milani lipstick get 1 free (up to $4.49)

$2 off any full size Christophe hair care

kathyrose 09-14-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeanYellow (Post 22950781)
$1.50 off AquaFresh Isoactive, Extreme Clean, or Advanced 4.3-6oz

Isn't there an Aquafresh ISOactive going on this week or the following 2 weeks? This would work well with it along with the IP.

ladycat 09-14-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyrose (Post 22950881)
Isn't there an Aquafresh ISOactive going on this week or the following 2 weeks? This would work well with it along with the IP.

There's an ip here: https://www.aquafresh.com/Aug09_I..._100.promo and a sale on it at CVS next week.

smegalicious 09-14-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeanYellow (Post 22950781)
Lots of CRTS today:)

$1 off ant ThermaCare heat wraps

I've seen the larger box of the arthritis hand/wrist patches (gold box) on 75% clearance at a few stores 'round these parts.

$8.99 reg price - $7.74 = $2.25 -$1 MFQ peelie - $1 CRT = $0.25

Nice filler if you need some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladycat (Post 22951609)
There's an ip here: https://www.aquafresh.com/Aug09_I..._100.promo and a sale on it at CVS next week.

There's also $1 peelies at Target. :whistlin:

kathyrose 09-14-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladycat (Post 22951609)

Yup, that's it....next week. Thanks!

ladycat 09-14-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smegalicious (Post 22951807)
There's also $1 peelies at Target. :whistlin:

I've never ever seen any peelies at our puny little small town Target here. :(

TATYS00 09-14-2009 11:29 AM

My 4 off 20 from the readyfill booklet was rejected by the cashier :mad: because it expired 9/12.

I need a plan B for my trips now. I hate to use up my ECB .... :(

MBaccarat 09-14-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TATYS00 (Post 22953355)
My 4 off 20 from the readyfill booklet was rejected by the cashier :mad: because it expired 9/12.

Plan B should be to try a different CVS or a different cashier.

savinpennies 09-14-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

5/25 from the readyfill quiz

harporrt 09-14-2009 03:04 PM

The 4/20 will beep, even if you try another cashier or another CVS. If you would like for it not to beep, use a 4/20 diet/nutrition, the oral care RF Qor any other specialty $/$$ in that booklet..... or the 5/25 cvs.com RF Q

Quote:

z390z 09-14-2009 03:48 PM

So, would 9.18 come off automatically or just 4.59 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsStunner (Post 22945691)
Can I do this?

2 CVS Diapers = $12.99
Total 35.15
-$3/10 CVS Brand CRT
- $9.18 Free Cereal
=$3.47 OOP

jennifng 09-14-2009 04:41 PM

crts I got today:
  • $5 off any Lumene skin care
  • $3 off any full size Cristophe hair care
  • $1 off NEW Johnson's Forever fresh
  • $3 off any Benefiber
  • $1.5 off Aquafresh Isoactive, Extreme Clean or Advanced 4.3 - 6 oz
  • $5 off any Os-cal
  • $7 off Abreva
  • $4 off Debrox Ear Wax Removal Kit
  • $1 off any Centrum or Caltrate vitamins
  • $1 off any Aspercreme

After that, the 2 current cvs generic crts.

yonlyme 09-14-2009 04:47 PM

how...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifng (Post 22961905)
crts I got today:
  • $3 off any Benefiber
  • $5 off any Os-cal
  • $7 off Abreva
  • $1 off any Aspercreme

how do you go so many crts...are these from the same card scanner/price checker machine?

TIA :)

Kalanchoe 09-14-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

What are the 2 generic CRTs this week? I'd have to drive 30 miles to hit a CVS with a coupon printer, so I like to know what the generic CRTs are to determine if it's worth the trip (I can get the non-generic CRTs on my receipt just by buying stuff, but it's not possible to get the generics without a coupon printer). Thanks!

breakingnews 09-14-2009 05:18 PM

Today at one store, I got bunch of new RIB coupon books, these coupons expires sometime in november. .

bren4bears 09-14-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalanchoe (Post 22962617)
What are the 2 generic CRTs this week? I'd have to drive 30 miles to hit a CVS with a coupon printer, so I like to know what the generic CRTs are to determine if it's worth the trip (I can get the non-generic CRTs on my receipt just by buying stuff, but it's not possible to get the generics without a coupon printer). Thanks!

$1 on any 2 Gold Emblem nuts , pretzels or crackers
$1 on 2 boxes of CVS brand facial tissues

nunu17 09-14-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z390z (Post 22960603)
So, would 9.18 come off automatically or just 4.59 ?

I just checked the flyer, there is no limit posted so the full 9.18 should come off. Just a FYI in case you don't know, when it is a BOGO sale, the free items do NOT count in your total towards a X/XX coupon. However if it is a BOGO coupon that you're using, the price of the free item DOES count towards it.

coocoocoo 09-14-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakingnews (Post 22962781)
Today at one store, I got bunch of new RIB coupon books, these coupons expires sometime in november. .

I'm sure this is a dumb question but what is RIB? I checked the wiki and didn't see anything. Sorry... still a newbie & learning. :D

bren4bears 09-14-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 22962997)
I'm sure this is a dumb question but what is RIB? I checked the wiki and didn't see anything. Sorry... still a newbie & learning. :D

RIB = ReInventing Beauty magazine
A CVS beauty magazine. These are found at "some" CVS stores. HTH

jennifng 09-14-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalanchoe (Post 22962617)

I always only have 1 card. Don't have any idea how anyone can manage more than 1 card. The 1st 4 printed at check out. (The crt printer there didn't work.) And then I stopped at another cvs to print the rest,,

coocoocoo 09-14-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren4bears (Post 22963107)
RIB = ReInventing Beauty magazine
A CVS beauty magazine. These are found at "some" CVS stores. HTH

Aha!!!! Thanks & repped! :hug:

coocoocoo 09-14-2009 05:59 PM

Is anyone able & willing to get one of those $100 coupon books from CVS & mail it to me? I have had no luck. Will trade. Thanks.

AVANDARLAY 09-14-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifng (Post 22963147)
I always only have 1 card. Don't have any idea how anyone can manage more than 1 card. The 1st 4 printed at check out. (The crt printer there didn't work.) And then I stopped at another cvs to print the rest,,

it is easy to manage more than 1 card-just keep one in each pocket:lol: :lol: :lol:

qd4 09-14-2009 07:01 PM

This has probably been asked already, but is the $5/$25 coupon from the CVS site for the readyfill quiz gone now? I don't see it on the site.
I was not very smart and only had one more of these left, which I used today.

SRFL 09-14-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qd4 (Post 22965537)
This has probably been asked already, but is the $5/$25 coupon from the CVS site for the readyfill quiz gone now? I don't see it on the site.
I was not very smart and only had one more of these left, which I used today.

Still there click here [cvs.com] Just clean the cookies

qd4 09-14-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRFL (Post 22965753)

The quiz is still there, but is it still offering the coupon? Even after resetting the cookies, it no longer offers the coupon for me.:mad:

qd4 09-14-2009 07:45 PM

Thanks for your help!!! I was sent a link that still offers the coupon!

MyFeetHurt 09-14-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qd4 (Post 22966381)
The quiz is still there, but is it still offering the coupon? Even after resetting the cookies, it no longer offers the coupon for me.:mad:

use this link
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/images/...-gifs.html

I have been printing coupons the last 30 minutes :D

graybay 09-14-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

crts I got today:
  • $3 off any Benefiber
  • $5 off any Os-cal
  • $7 off Abreva
  • $1 off any Aspercreme

:omg: That $5.00 OsCal Q is awesome. There are $3.00 peelies on the larger packs but it's for any pack of OsCal. With $7.99 as the regular price for the smaller box, it makes it a $0.01 MM. I would kill for that CRT! Wish I could trade you for it somehow :lmao:

noungning 09-14-2009 08:44 PM

quiz still works ladycat posted long way and i posted the direct link. in the retired thread... or u can click my sig link or MFH's link... same same but i prefer u open in another browser just so they aren't aware that SD is the reason why their coupons are still being accessed. ;)

tvip 09-14-2009 11:14 PM

cool comment from a cashier today.
He told me "you're going to single-handedly get me to my coupon quota today!"
I was thinking "great, they now have a limit of how many coupons they can take..."
NOPE!
He tells me "we have to reach at least so many coupons per cashier per day"
AWESOME that a store is encouraging their customers to use coupons!!!!!

alanisrox69 09-14-2009 11:23 PM

The manager checked me out today and while in the past he had been nice (I've only had him once or twice, ever).......

I didn't have that big of an order, but, near the end he was like "What do you do with all of this?"......

I think that's sort of rude when they ask, it's not their business what I do with it. And again, it wasn't even a huge order lol.

Kinda turned me off.

kathyrose 09-15-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvip (Post 22971093)
cool comment from a cashier today.
He told me "you're going to single-handedly get me to my coupon quota today!"
I was thinking "great, they now have a limit of how many coupons they can take..."
NOPE!
He tells me "we have to reach at least so many coupons per cashier per day"
AWESOME that a store is encouraging their customers to use coupons!!!!!

Yay! :bounce: I love stores like that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren4bears (Post 22962785)
$1 on any 2 Gold Emblem nuts , pretzels or crackers
$1 on 2 boxes of CVS brand facial tissues

I used the nuts one on 2 79 ents cashew packets. I need a filler. :bounce:

elhaugen 09-15-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRFL (Post 22965753)

Can you use the survey q for the $5/$25 more than once? A while back when I used it the cashier said I had already used it on that card (which I hadn't) but she pushed it through.

goosiepiano 09-15-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhaugen (Post 22978575)
Can you use the survey q for the $5/$25 more than once? A while back when I used it the cashier said I had already used it on that card (which I hadn't) but she pushed it through.

Only if it has a different bar code. You can not use a $5/$25 coupon with the same bar code twice or it will come up already used.

SRFL 09-15-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Follow the instructions here and you'll get coupons with different barcodes. Don't forget to rep usb for teaching us :hug:

elhaugen 09-15-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goosiepiano (Post 22979285)
Only if it has a different bar code. You can not use a $5/$25 coupon with the same bar code twice or it will come up already used.

Everytime you take the survey does the bar code change?

SRFL 09-15-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhaugen (Post 22979703)

The barcode will change only if you clean the cookies (look at the post above) otherwise every time you take the survey you'll have the same barcode.

MidnightCwgrl 09-15-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

I'm wondering if it's being tracked per Extracard card. I tried using one today that I had just generated yesterday using the link from a few posts back and the register beeped and said I had already redeemed it. I know I've used one of these once before but it was with a different bar code. She pushed it through, though, but it was a pain to deal with.

MyFeetHurt 09-15-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhaugen (Post 22979703)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRFL (Post 22979965)
The barcode will change only if you clean the cookies (look at the post above) otherwise every time you take the survey you'll have the same barcode.

Its the flash memory you have to clear before doing each quiz

SRFL 09-15-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightCwgrl (Post 22980321)
I'm wondering if it's being tracked per Extracard card. I tried using one today that I had just generated yesterday using the link from a few posts back and the register beeped and said I had already redeemed it. I know I've used one of these once before but it was with a different bar code. She pushed it through, though, but it was a pain to deal with.

I've already used probably 20 on each card and never had a single beep. It doesn't matter when you generated the coupons (the same day or a week apart) they will have the same barcode if you don't clean the cookies.

Tipper55 09-15-2009 10:19 AM

Today's coupons

$3/3 John Frieda
BOGO Coppertone
$5 off Skin Effects Firming face & Neck
$2 off CVS brand Loratadine (Claritin)

noungning 09-15-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRFL (Post 22980471)
I've already used probably 20 on each card and never had a single beep. It doesn't matter when you generated the coupons (the same day or a week apart) they will have the same barcode if you don't clean the cookies.

lol true. i've used many of these. just used one that was expired 8/22 last night... no beeps and store takes expired coupons, so it didn't even matter. i think the best thing is to make sure u're not using the same barcodes again.

i've been taking the quiz, then i print to pdf. then i just make sure to open and check the pdfs to compare codes real quick in case it fails and uses the same code, but it doesn't and if it screws up, most of the time, it's because i forgot i already printed this one...and print the same thing again.

MyFeetHurt 09-15-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noungning (Post 22986473)
lol true. i've used many of these. just used one that was expired 8/22 last night... no beeps and store takes expired coupons, so it didn't even matter. i think the best thing is to make sure u're not using the same barcodes again.

i've been taking the quiz, then i print to pdf. then i just make sure to open and check the pdfs to compare codes real quick in case it fails and uses the same code, but it doesn't and if it screws up, most of the time, it's because i forgot i already printed this one...and print the same thing again.

I do the quiz, print to pdf, open pdf and verify, then do the quiz again.
When I print my pdf out to paper to use at the store, I delete the saved pdf to make sure it doesn't get printed and used again

coocoocoo 09-15-2009 06:24 PM

I purchased a RIB for the first time today. Cover says $25 in coupons and I totaled all of them and it only came out to $23.50! :mad: I checked 3 times and I am missing something!

annie85 09-15-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 22993471)
I purchased a RIB for the first time today. Cover says $25 in coupons and I totaled all of them and it only came out to $23.50! :mad: I checked 3 times and I am missing something!

maybe they rounded it off to the neareast 5

AVANDARLAY 09-15-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 22993471)

:nod: :nod: :nod: I think it's just CVS math:nod: :nod: :nod:

coocoocoo 09-15-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie85 (Post 22994653)
maybe they rounded it off to the neareast 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVANDARLAY (Post 22994945)
:nod: :nod: :nod: I think it's just CVS math:nod: :nod: :nod:

Well isn't that false advertising??? :lmao:

PirateQueen 09-15-2009 07:23 PM

Was that just the ones on the cardstock? Usually there are a couple of q's printed on the regular pages too.

coocoocoo 09-15-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PirateQueen (Post 22995075)
Was that just the ones on the cardstock? Usually there are a couple of q's printed on the regular pages too.

Nope... got the ones printed throughout the magazine also. BTW, two of the Q's on the cardstock were MQ's, not CVS Q's. Very disappointing, and again, false advertising!

annie85 09-16-2009 02:40 PM

i havent done the softsoap deal (refill) can someone give me a scenario to do it? i have the cvs RIB coupons for the base and pump $2 off i think they were. Thanks

MsAttitude 09-16-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanisrox69 (Post 22971195)
The manager checked me out today and while in the past he had been nice (I've only had him once or twice, ever).......

I didn't have that big of an order, but, near the end he was like "What do you do with all of this?"......

I think that's sort of rude when they ask, it's not their business what I do with it. And again, it wasn't even a huge order lol.

Kinda turned me off.

I live in a remote place, so sometimes when I find a product, and the store has ample and especially when the coupon is nearing expiration i grab all i can.
well Sunday morning I was at Sweetbay- actually waiting for CVS to open to get my papers//and I saw they had more than enough of the toilet paper and paper towels that marcal had free coupons for...
so I snatched up 12 4 packs of toilet paper and 11 paper towels...
cashier asked me same question...
"what are you going to do with all of that?"
I just reponded..."most like the same thing you do with it, however its a crappy job, so lets not talk about it before breakfast."
arrrrrrrrrgh!

noungning 09-17-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie85 (Post 23019049)
i havent done the softsoap deal (refill) can someone give me a scenario to do it? i have the cvs RIB coupons for the base and pump $2 off i think they were. Thanks

i thought the promotion for the softsoap ensambles was over along with the bodywashes since the beauty days promotion ended 9/12? but if it didn't finish yet.

i found some peelies buy a pump get a base free.

pump + base = 7.99+3.99 = 11.98

use: free base manuq peelie -3.99
use $2 cvsq for pump
use $2 cvsq for base
(and if the peelie is coded 01) use $2 manuq on the pump
total: 1.99oop, get 2 ecb for pump, 2 ecb for base

or if u can't find it...

you can buy pump at 7.99
base 3.99

use $2 manuq for pump
$2 manuq for base
$2 cvsq for base
$2 cvsq for pump
total: 3.98 oop get back 2 ecb for pump, 2 ecb for base.

FrugalFamilyDC 09-17-2009 10:26 AM

No q's today? CVS is getting cheap.....

2 mins later I get a $5/$30.

LOL

Loreal Revitalift $3 off - Here [cvs.com]
Edge Shave Gel $1.50 off - Here [cvs.com]
Nutri Serum $1 off - Here [cvs.com]
$1/4 Progresso - Here [cvs.com]
$1 Loreal Color Riche - Here [cvs.com]

PM me to help with making the x/xx for everyone

charlene 09-17-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noungning (Post 23037545)
i thought the promotion for the softsoap ensambles was over along with the bodywashes since the beauty days promotion ended 9/12? but if it didn't finish yet.

i found some peelies buy a pump get a base free.

pump + base = 7.99+3.99 = 11.98

use: free base manuq peelie -3.99
use $2 cvsq for pump
use $2 cvsq for base
(and if the peelie is coded 01) use $2 manuq on the pump
total: 1.99oop, get 2 ecb for pump, 2 ecb for base

or if u can't find it...

you can buy pump at 7.99
base 3.99

use $2 manuq for pump
$2 manuq for base
$2 cvsq for base
$2 cvsq for pump
total: 3.98 oop get back 2 ecb for pump, 2 ecb for base.

I thought only the pump produce ECB, not the base.
btw, is the $2 cvsq crt?

smythecvs123 09-17-2009 11:25 AM

$5off$30 [cvs.com]

Save $1 CVS Cough Drops [cvs.com]

Save $1 CVS Medicated Chest Rub [cvs.com]

Save $1 CVS Antib. Hand Soap Refill [cvs.com]

Save $1.50 CVS Vit C 500 mg 250ct [cvs.com]

Save $0.50 CVS Premium White Facial Tissues 200ct [cvs.com]

all expire 9/20

jigks 09-17-2009 11:28 AM

Thanks and repped smythecvs123

Few more:
$5 off $45 [cvs.com]

$5 off $25 [cvs.com]

$4 off $20 [cvs.com]

$3 off Loreal Revitallift [cvs.com]

$1.50 off Edge Infused Save Gel [cvs.com]

$1 off Softsoap Nutri-Serums bodywash [cvs.com]. Mix with Mfr coupon and CVS BB coupon, you have potential MM.

$1 off Four Progresso Soups [cvs.com]

$1 off Loreal Anti-aging Serum Lipstick [cvs.com]

All expire 9/20. HTH!

MyFeetHurt 09-17-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrugalFamilyDC (Post 23043515)

LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by smythecvs123 (Post 23045943)
$1 off CVS Cough DropsPrint [cvs.com]

$5off$30 Print [cvs.com]

Save $1 CVS Medicated Chest Rub Print [cvs.com]

Save $1 CVS Antib. Hand Soap Refill Print [cvs.com]

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigks (Post 23046057)

Thank you all...reps on the way to you

People, please PDF these so you will have them when you need them

munchkin77 09-17-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrugalFamilyDC (Post 23043515)

LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigks (Post 23046057)

ty all repped

tinabuggy 09-17-2009 12:01 PM

I took the survey but did not print it right away and it said "We're sorry your coupon cannot be printed at this time. Please try again later". Anyone have this happen??? I have been clearing out the cookies so not sure what this is....

noungning 09-17-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlene (Post 23045397)
I thought only the pump produce ECB, not the base.
btw, is the $2 cvsq crt?

i believe this is in the RIB.

as for is the base or pump producing, when the promotion was running, the base and pump was in the picture i think?... so i think it was both? but i also believe the promotion ended. i was just responding with a scenario for the question.

MyFeetHurt 09-17-2009 12:08 PM

Some of the coupons have the name Rick on them...we need a generic coupon..and I don't have time to find it right now

noungning 09-17-2009 12:12 PM

can someone change the $/$$ to generics, it currently says the person's name and i don't look like a rick lol :lmao:

MyFeetHurt 09-17-2009 12:19 PM

GENERIC LINKS

$5 off $25
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48057

$5 off $30
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48056

$5 0ff $45
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48055

$4 off $20
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48058

jigks 09-17-2009 12:31 PM

Thanks & repped MFH. As always you are awesome. Updated links in OP to make it generic. Those are different one.

FrugalFamilyDC 09-17-2009 01:00 PM

Sorry about the "rick" name, not sure who that is ;)

noungning 09-17-2009 01:07 PM

just figured out how to make em generic. but it'd beep lol.

so challenging cvs is trying make it for us shoppers just to make the coupons show our name :lol:

shopNshop 09-17-2009 01:40 PM

delete

WheelnDeal 09-17-2009 02:15 PM

so can we use both the Readyfill Q and another $$ coupon on the same transaction?

thanks..

AMDGD 09-17-2009 02:35 PM

If you're referring to a generic $4/$20 from above and a category specific readyfill coupon such as a $3/$12 eye care then yes as long as you have $20 worth of merchandise of which $12 is eye care. But I've run across some cashiers who want $12 worth of eye care and an additional $20 of other merchandise. Don't forget that the readyfill coupons expired on 12 September so it may get rejected for that reason. As of last night it didn't beep for me.

AMDGD 09-17-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 23047391)
Some of the coupons have the name Rick on them...we need a generic coupon..and I don't have time to find it right now

It looks liked we've been Rickrolled. :look:

likeshopping 09-17-2009 03:38 PM

deleted

coldchicago 09-17-2009 04:29 PM

Here are some more:

$1 off CVS Pain Reliver

http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/RNVF2H9/3V5Y/QN9J/ZBIP7
Z5/7Izb/CPNUMBER=48167
[cvs.com]

$3 off New Loreal

http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48059

$1.50 on Edge
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48060

$1 Softsoap

http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48061

$1 on four Progresso Soup
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48062

$1 on Loreal Lipstick
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48063

$0.50 CVS Facial Tissue
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48446

$1.50 off CVS Vitamin
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48447

$1.00 off CVS Soap Refill

$1.00 off CVS Chest Rub
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48449

$1.00 off CVS Cough Drops

coocoocoo 09-17-2009 04:39 PM

Question.... are these Q's tied to someone's ECB account or can anyone use them?

coldchicago 09-17-2009 04:42 PM

Won't let me rep you. You are good.

jigks 09-17-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldchicago (Post 23056131)
Here are some more:

$1 off CVS Pain Reliver

Z5/7Izb/CPNUMBER=48167
[cvs.com]

$3 off New Loreal

$1.50 on Edge

$1 Softsoap

http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48062

$1 on Loreal Lipstick
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48063

$0.50 CVS Facial Tissue
http://open.cvs.com/CouponServer/...MBER=48446

$1.50 off CVS Vitamin

$1.00 off CVS Soap Refill

$1.00 off CVS Chest Rub

$1.00 off CVS Cough Drops

Thanks & repped. Apart from CVS pain reliever, rest of the coupons are already posted, just an FYI!

coldchicago 09-17-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigks (Post 23056489)
Thanks & repped. Apart from CVS pain reliever, rest of the coupons are already posted, just an FYI!

You right, I missed that. Thanks.

jigks 09-17-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 23056391)
Question.... are these Q's tied to someone's ECB account or can anyone use them?

If you receive in mail, you can use it. The one posted by MFH are generic, but will beep if you did not receive (beeps at times even though you do receive - so carry email print out).

coocoocoo 09-17-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigks (Post 23056541)
If you receive in mail, you can use it. The one posted by MFH are generic, but will beep if you did not receive (beeps at times even though you do receive - so carry email print out).

Thanks... I did not receive them in my e-mail. How come they never send these to me??? :confused:

coocoocoo 09-17-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 23056635)
Thanks... I did not receive them in my e-mail. How come they never send these to me??? :confused:

OMG it's like they read my mind! I JUST received an e-mail from them with these Q's but mine was a $5/$30. :sadwalk:

ladycat 09-17-2009 05:46 PM

Does anyone happen to know how much these are (so I'll know if the coupons are worth printing out?)

CVS/pharmacy Brand antibacterial hand soap refill
CVS/pharmacy Brand white facial tissues.
CVS/pharmacy Brand cough drops.
CVS/pharmacy Brand pain relief
CVS/pharmacy Brand Vitamin C Tablets
CVS/pharmacy Brand medicated chest rub

TIA :)

TeaTimeAnytime 09-17-2009 06:15 PM

If you get a $/$$ in your email, that shows your name on the coupon, you can change the $/$$ on it. The codes at the end - like 48056 for the 5/30 - determine the amount.

So I took the 5/30 with my name and changed the last numbers to 48058 to get the 4/20 with my name on it.

HTH!

staxin 09-17-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeaTimeAnytime (Post 23058763)
If you get a $/$$ in your email, that shows your name on the coupon, you can change the $/$$ on it. The codes at the end - like 48056 for the 5/30 - determine the amount.

So I took the 5/30 with my name and changed the last numbers to 48058 to get the 4/20 with my name on it.

HTH!

But if you didn't actually get the 4/20 in your email, it will probably beep

candy88 09-17-2009 07:10 PM

delete..didn't see prev post

MrsStunner 09-17-2009 08:07 PM

so can i use two of the emailed Q's in one transaction for the same item?
For instance, the edge shave gel is 2/$5
- $3 (2 of the $1.50 emailed Q's)
- $1.50 (2 of the .75 MQ's)
= .50/2

MyFeetHurt 09-17-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsStunner (Post 23061647)
= .50/2

Nope
Only one of the same barcode CVS coupon per transaction

SoCalGal 09-17-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 23056751)
OMG it's like they read my mind! I JUST received an e-mail from them with these Q's but mine was a $5/$30. :sadwalk:

I got the exact same email...

chloeaddict 09-17-2009 08:34 PM

Hi! Does CVS accept smartsource or bricks coupons printed off online?

jennifng 09-17-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeaddict (Post 23062393)

Yes, they do accept them.

alanisrox69 09-17-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeaddict (Post 23062393)

They do as long as each one has a unique ID number on it :) No photocopies allowed.

ESQKRW 09-17-2009 10:23 PM

I looked at my ECB acct and it showed my summer spending and that I would receive 2% in October. Is there a min. amount you receive? I have spent $98 so 2% is not looking good at all.

TeaTimeAnytime 09-17-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staxin (Post 23058801)
But if you didn't actually get the 4/20 in your email, it will probably beep

But then you can say that it came in your email and has your name on it, which is the same on your ecbs. I've never had a problem after that.

PerlaAzul 09-17-2009 11:51 PM

I got a 5/20 coupon in my email today I'm assuming its from the time I had gotten that CRT that said to update your email address and turn it in to the cashier. Because the email says Thank You your first email is here and Thank You for registering to receive extracare email.

annie85 09-18-2009 06:25 AM

i bought eucerin today and my ECB didnt print. it still showed up on the bottom of the recept and i still hadnt reached the limit for it. anyone else have this issue?? i just had the manager print the ecb, ofcourse he said it didnt print becuz u used coupons lol!

metrowest 09-18-2009 07:14 AM

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere; sorry if it has already been reported.

In two of my stores, there are round cardboard bins in the front of the store with $1 Sally Hansen, La Cross and NYC items. The items are not clearance, but all have new barcode stickers on them which scan as $1. I have been using the $1 NYC q's from All You, and $1 and $2 tearpads for Sally Hansen to get FREE nail polish, lipstick, lip liner, tweezers, eye shadow, etc.

I am putting together a travel toiletry bag for my cousin for X-mas and these are great items. I have put together travel bags for people in the past and they are always very much appreciated. I get a nice toiletry bag from LL Bean and then fill it up with all the travel sizes that we get for free from CVS. It makes a great gift!

coocoocoo 09-18-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metrowest (Post 23069933)

In two of my stores, there are round cardboard bins in the front of the store with $1 Sally Hansen, La Cross and NYC items. The items are not clearance, but all have new barcode stickers on them which scan as $1. I have been using the $1 NYC q's from All You, and $1 and $2 tearpads for Sally Hansen to get FREE nail polish, lipstick, lip liner, tweezers, eye shadow, etc.

I am putting together a travel toiletry bag for my cousin for X-mas and these are great items. I have put together travel bags for people in the past and they are always very much appreciated. I get a nice toiletry bag from LL Bean and then fill it up with all the travel sizes that we get for free from CVS. It makes a great gift!

I think I read a post a few days ago about this, but I totally forgot! Thanks for the reminder and what a great gift idea! Repped for your helpfulness! :D

noungning 09-18-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo (Post 23056391)

notice the lowercase letters, it's been changed from the caps, this is to make it gerneric ;) so it shouldn't be tied to a specific person, probably just a card no one ever registered :coverlaf: if you have your coupons sent to u, u can make em urs :nod:

cheapbird 09-18-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerlaAzul (Post 23065713)
I got a 5/20 coupon in my email today I'm assuming its from the time I had gotten that CRT that said to update your email address and turn it in to the cashier. Because the email says Thank You your first email is here and Thank You for registering to receive extracare email.

Received the same q, but I never updated my email with them, so maybe they just randomly send these out.

jennifng 09-18-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESQKRW (Post 23064563)
I looked at my ECB acct and it showed my summer spending and that I would receive 2% in October. Is there a min. amount you receive? I have spent $98 so 2% is not looking good at all.

2% off $98 = $1.98. You will get a ecb for $1.50. If you had spent $2 more, you would have got a $2 ecb.

coocoocoo 09-18-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coocoocoo
I went to the Minute Clinic this morning to get a coupon book. The lady was so RUDE. They open at 9 and I was there at 10. I asked her about the book and she said I needed to get a flu shot. I told her it stated that I did not have to get the shot in order to get the book. She locked her door, said she will be back and I had to wait in the line. I waited for about 20 minutes and she never came back! :mad:

Is there any other way to get this book? This is not the CVS I frequent, but the only one near me with the minute clinic. My CVS is awesome... Do you think I can get corporate to mail me a book? Any thoughts?

Check out the response I got from my e-mail:

Dear Ms. XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting CVS/pharmacy. We have received your e-mail concerning the Egg Harbor Twp, NJ CVS/pharmacy.

Please accept my apology for the poor service you received from the Nurse Practitioner at the MinuteClinic at this location. I assure you this is type of service not tolerated in our stores. I have contacted the appropriate individuals that overseas our MinuteClinic locations and made them aware of your comments. We will address this matter with the Nurse Practitioner to correct this from recurring. I hope that you will give CVS/pharmacy another chance to prove that we are dedicated to customer service.

I will go ahead and mail you the coupon booklet to the address that you listed on your original e-mail. Please allow 5-7 business for delivery.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention. We value your patronage and look forward to serving you again. Should you have any additional concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Lisa
CVS/pharmacy
Customer Relations Representative

ESQKRW 09-18-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifng (Post 23073041)
2% off $98 = $1.98. You will get a ecb for $1.50. If you had spent $2 more, you would have got a $2 ecb.

Thanks for the response. I guess all those savings messed me up lol..

chloeaddict 09-18-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanisrox69 (Post 23062825)
They do as long as each one has a unique ID number on it :) No photocopies allowed.

Thanks for the info. But if I print the coupon from my computer, it will be black & white. Will that be mistaken as being "photocopied"? :confused:

SRFL 09-18-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeaddict (Post 23073865)
Thanks for the info. But if I print the coupon from my computer, it will be black & white. Will that be mistaken as being "photocopied"? :confused:

I always print them black and white so far no problems. If your cashier has doubts just show him a pin number or id number on your coupon-they are unique.

noungning 09-18-2009 09:36 AM

i only use black and white printed coupons and don't have a problem. it'd be very expensive to use color to print all these coupons out! although in places like canada, they do not like printed coupons at all, very sad :(

JennyStarzzzz 09-18-2009 10:08 AM

CVS Coupon DISCUSSION questions scenarios chat for ALL coupons including Manufacturers that can be used at CVS

Its happened to me at target walmart and wags. I think they all just make up their own rules when they see that it can be free after the coupons I quit trying to call corporate so I just leave my reviews on the yahoo of the directory of whatever store it is because I know people read those. Nothing beats the target girl telling me I could only use one coupon a day though that was the best.

Ki11Factor 09-18-2009 11:33 AM

Does anyone know if the Readyfill booklet $4 off/$20 still working?

TIA

jigks 09-18-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki11Factor (Post 23078239)

TIA

Few SDer reported it to beep. Rest of the Readyfill were still working though. YMMV!

noungning 09-18-2009 12:20 PM

does the wording under the ECB exclude stamps too, i don't remember off the top of my head, if so, i should be okay buying stamps with GC, right? TIA, in need of stamps badly lol.

harporrt 09-18-2009 12:40 PM

ECB does exclude stamps, but YMMV as some cashiers acccept them. HTH

Quote:

Originally Posted by noungning (Post 23079993)
does the wording under the ECB exclude stamps too, i don't remember off the top of my head, if so, i should be okay buying stamps with GC, right? TIA, in need of stamps badly lol.

noungning 09-18-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harporrt (Post 23080661)
ECB does exclude stamps, but YMMV as some cashiers acccept them. HTH

thanks! ;)

SavingIsGood 09-18-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

= .50/2

As MFH said, you can't use 2 emailed coupons in the same transaction, but if you really want only the edge shave gel, you CAN do 2 transactions to get the same price, as 2/$5 also means 1/$2.50.

jigks 09-18-2009 02:11 PM

OT:
Swagcode: WaLLpApERinG

Worth 2 SB till 1:30 PM PDT and Worth 1 SB till 3:00 PM PDT.

Thanks and Reps to thepoet, BDeck and GKS on code thread.

charlene 09-18-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigks (Post 23083649)
OT:
Swagcode: WaLLpApERinG

Worth 2 SB till 1:30 PM PDT and Worth 1 SB till 3:00 PM PDT.

Thanks and Reps to thepoet, BDeck and GKS on code thread.

thanks, will rep you

annie85 09-18-2009 03:32 PM

ok i dont know where to post this and sorry if its not meant to be posted here.

All my cvs ECB's rang up as CVS coupons as opposed to CVS MFR coupons

has this happened to anyone else? also, this made my tax amt very low...

oh and i did 3 transactions and they rang up as CVS Coupons and im in NY if it helps...

ESQKRW 09-18-2009 04:48 PM

I have an ECB question. I was in CVS checking out and the cashier asked if I had ECB's and I said yes. I told him some are expiring soon so I need to get rid of them.. He said you can call and have them extend the expiration. Has anyone heard this before? I really need to know b/c I misplaced a few ECB's that expire next week.

alanisrox69 09-18-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESQKRW (Post 23086993)
I have an ECB question. I was in CVS checking out and the cashier asked if I had ECB's and I said yes. I told him some are expiring soon so I need to get rid of them.. He said you can call and have them extend the expiration. Has anyone heard this before? I really need to know b/c I misplaced a few ECB's that expire next week.

Not true.

jennifng 09-18-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

He lied to you.

AVANDARLAY 09-18-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

that cashier is hanging around the pharmacy too much and getting into the bottles:lol: :lol: :lol:

ESQKRW 09-18-2009 05:36 PM

Lol, I am new to this but I thought that didnt sound right. Thanks to everyone that answered my question.

Katrina1982 09-18-2009 08:24 PM

You use to be able to call and get them extended but you can't anymore

tvip 09-18-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigks (Post 23078343)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki11Factor (Post 23078239)

TIA

Few SDer reported it to beep. Rest of the Readyfill were still working though. YMMV!

it beeped expired for me on tuesday

catmom23 09-18-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metrowest (Post 23069933)

In two of my stores, there are round cardboard bins in the front of the store with $1 Sally Hansen, La Cross and NYC items. The items are not clearance, but all have new barcode stickers on them which scan as $1. I have been using the $1 NYC q's from All You, and $1 and $2 tearpads for Sally Hansen to get FREE nail polish, lipstick, lip liner, tweezers, eye shadow, etc.....

For those who also shop Kmart, there are $1 coupons in the coupon book that are expiring 10/3. They are manufacturer coupons even though they do have a small K emblem on them. I'm going to check this out myself tomorrow since I have about 10 books and didn't use any of my Sally Hansen q's last K doubles.

Thanks for the info metrowest. Repped!

imm93 09-19-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

= .50/2

my ad says 2/$4....is this regional sale or different types not included?

kathyrose 09-19-2009 09:41 AM

Okay, I just got off the phone with CVS about a transaction I did yesterday. I have a raincheck for an item that's regularly at $10.99 on sale for $6.99 and will give me $6.99 ECB. I was in a hurry out cause it was about to rain (I don't drive yet) and when I got home, I cut off the ECB parts from my receipt before I realized that my $6.99 ECBs never printed. I called today and the representative told me that they should've taken the $6,99 off my bill. I said I thought that it's supposed to print out my ECBs. She told me it's supposed to come off and to go back to the store. I have other RCs so I read the back and they're just supposed to print out my ECBs. She told me that she can't see my transactions until Monday. Should I go back to the store and tell them that this is the entry where the item was adjusted down but my ECBs didn't print out? I thought calling would be easier as the representatives can see the transactions and put ECBs in to print out on my next receipt? Anyone can help me?

jennifng 09-19-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyrose (Post 23099279)
Okay, I just got off the phone with CVS about a transaction I did yesterday. I have a raincheck for an item that's regularly at $10.99 on sale for $6.99 and will give me $6.99 ECB. I was in a hurry out cause it was about to rain (I don't drive yet) and when I got home, I cut off the ECB parts from my receipt before I realized that my $6.99 ECBs never printed. I called today and the representative told me that they should've taken the $6,99 off my bill. I said I thought that it's supposed to print out my ECBs. She told me it's supposed to come off and to go back to the store. I have other RCs so I read the back and they're just supposed to print out my ECBs. She told me that she can't see my transactions until Monday. Should I go back to the store and tell them that this is the entry where the item was adjusted down but my ECBs didn't print out? I thought calling would be easier as the representatives can see the transactions and put ECBs in to print out on my next receipt? Anyone can help me?

When it is a raincheck, the ecb doesn't automatically print. You have to tell the cashier to print it manuelly.

kathyrose 09-19-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifng (Post 23099413)
When it is a raincheck, the ecb doesn't automatically print. You have to tell the cashier to print it manuelly.

I did, she was the manager as well but maybe she forgot? I don't know whether it's best to go back to the store or wait until Monday (I thought I read before that CVS CS reps can put the ECBs on your card for you in situations like this).

jennifng 09-19-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyrose (Post 23099433)
I did, she was the manager as well but maybe she forgot? I don't know whether it's best to go back to the store or wait until Monday (I thought I read before that CVS CS reps can put the ECBs on your card for you in situations like this).

Question is how do they know you really have a raincheck for the item in hand?

kathyrose 09-19-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifng (Post 23099581)
Question is how do they know you really have a raincheck for the item in hand?

You mean if I go back in? It just happened yesterday so htey can look it up and the item is normally $10.99 but the sale price was for $6.99 giving $6.99 ECBs. The manager had to adjust the amount down to adjust to the RC but didn't do the ECB part. My receipt shows the $4 taken off my item and I still have the ad.

EDITED TO ADD: I just didn't know which one would be easier to do, go back to the store or wait until Mnday to talk to a CS rep.

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: I decided to call the store where they transferred me to the manager and she asked for my name cause apparently they have an unclaimed ECB sitting yesterday so I can go get it. Phew! I thought it was going to be more difficult than that but I was wrong! Thanks jenni for replying to my questions!

breemommy 09-19-2009 10:38 AM

I got Sally Hansen $2 tearpads from CVS. Its written "any Sally Hansen product", but there's picture of "natural beauty" make-up product. Does it means $2 off "any Sally Hansen Natural Beauty product or $2 off any Sally Hansen product ?

annie85 09-19-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breemommy (Post 23100259)
I got Sally Hansen $2 tearpads from CVS. Its written "any Sally Hansen product", but there's picture of "natural beauty" make-up product. Does it means $2 off "any Sally Hansen Natural Beauty product or $2 off any Sally Hansen product ?

im assuming its $2 off ANY SH prod since thats what it says.

wanderingwillow 09-19-2009 01:11 PM

Question about different expiration dates...

How do people for example, have $20 in ECBs expiring tomorrow? That means the last time they shopped must have been 9/08 right? or they didn't "roll" enough, from the previous weeks?

Kalanchoe 09-19-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderingwillow (Post 23102485)

How do people for example, have $20 in ECBs expiring tomorrow? That means the last time they shopped must have been 9/08 right? or they didn't "roll" enough, from the previous weeks?

I'd think that usually it's from not being able to roll enough in the past 4 weeks. Personally, I tend to maintain from $70 all the way to $130 in ECBs on my card - but I'm only able to roll maybe $20 a week, since the deals aren't always that good. And it's certainly not from lack of trips to CVS - I'll still do maybe 4 or more transactions a week. But any time I'm using ECBs, they're usually expiring within the next week or 2 - I'm certainly never "caught up" enough to be able to use any of my ECBs that are expiring 3-4 weeks out!

nunu17 09-19-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalanchoe (Post 23102573)
I'd think that usually it's from not being able to roll enough in the past 4 weeks. Personally, I tend to maintain from $70 all the way to $130 in ECBs on my card - but I'm only able to roll maybe $20 a week, since the deals aren't always that good. And it's certainly not from lack of trips to CVS - I'll still do maybe 4 or more transactions a week. But any time I'm using ECBs, they're usually expiring within the next week or 2 - I'm certainly never "caught up" enough to be able to use any of my ECBs that are expiring 3-4 weeks out!

How do you manage to maintain higher amounts like that? I'd be sooo happy with 20-30! All I can ever do is usually $5-$10, some weeks much less. Some weeks, my OOP is good, $4 or less total for the week, other (most) weeks its higher, $12 or even up to $42 one week. I just can't seem to get how you all figure the deals. A sample deal will say "use 8 ECB" after it lists the Qs, but it's hard to do when you only have 2 or 3 ECBs so the balance comes OOP. Any help will be much appreciated.

Kalanchoe 09-19-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunu17 (Post 23104497)
How do you manage to maintain higher amounts like that? I'd be sooo happy with 20-30! All I can ever do is usually $5-$10, some weeks much less. Some weeks, my OOP is good, $4 or less total for the week, other (most) weeks its higher, $12 or even up to $42 one week. I just can't seem to get how you all figure the deals. A sample deal will say "use 8 ECB" after it lists the Qs, but it's hard to do when you only have 2 or 3 ECBs so the balance comes OOP. Any help will be much appreciated.

Heh, I started hardcore CVSing last Thanksgiving when there were oodles of moneymaker deals, since lots of FAECB items had corresponding coupons too. I always stuck to never paying OOP - would only buy the things I could cover with ECBs. But the ECBs just went up and up, since for example, I'd use a $5 ECB to buy a $7 item that I had a $2 coupon for - and then the item would give me $7 back, so I'd have turned my $5 into $7.

I never started using $/$$'s until I had enough ECBs to not have to pay OOP after using one. Instead, I'd just buy 1 moneymaker item at a time...but just by doing that, I was able to work my way up quickly enough to start using $/$$'s. Again, I was doing this around Thanksgiving and Christmas time when the deals were good; on the other hand, the current week, last week, next week, etc., aren't nearly as conducive to this unfortunately. (But don't worry, Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I'm sure CVS will have great deals again then! ;))

Anyway, once I got to a sizeable amount of ECBs (e.g., $20 or so) to be able to comfortably use $/$$'s, the $/$$'s really helped a lot to get my ECBs up even more. Buy $$ worth of FAECB items, use a $/$$, and you've immediately made $ profit.

I was up to about $130 in ECBs a couple weeks ago, since we'd been having some nice moneymaker weeks - in particular, I remember stuff like Poise and Carefree being wonderful moneymakers. Having the unlimited Readyfill $5/$25's lately certainly didn't hurt either!

Again, since the deals more recently haven't been nearly as good, I've just been burning my near-expiring ECBs on stuff we can use - for example, I've gotten a ton of Progresso and Jack Link's jerky in the past week. Of course, I still used a $5/$25 with every transaction and mixed with some freebie/near-freebie deals (Listerine, Glucerna, Air Wick, Dove deodorant) to not lose as many ECBs.

I'm down to less than $70 now in ECBs, which is actually the lowest I've been in months - though honestly, that makes me happier because it's less stress trying to roll all the time (especially since the unlimited $5/$25's are now drying up :sadwalk:). But I know that good weeks will come by again, and I'll be able to work my way up again. ;)

Anyway, I don't know if that's all that helpful - basically, I'd just say to not worry too much when you see others' scenarios and can't copy them because you just don't have the ECBs (yet) to do the same thing without OOP. Just stay at it, do the deals you can with the ECBs you have, and when the good weeks come along, take advantage of the moneymaker deals to work your ECBs up. Once you reach some critical threshold (I'd say for me, it was probably around $15-$20), you'll then have enough ECBs to do whatever you want. :) Good luck! :heart:

Tipper55 09-19-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

I think the person having a hard time rolling the $20 ECB is because it is 1 ECB for $20, which is harder to get rid of.

I don't like having a high dollar ECB and I learned the hard way, that it is better to spread out some deals across multiple transactions so it doesn't print one large ECB, instead of a couple of smaller ones.

ESQKRW 09-19-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalanchoe (Post 23105399)
I'm down to less than $70 now in ECBs, which is actually the lowest I've been in months - though honestly, that makes me happier because it's less stress trying to roll all the time (especially since the unlimited $5/$25's are now drying up :sadwalk:). But I know that good weeks will come by again, and I'll be able to work my way up again. ;)

Wow I cant wait for these good times you speak of. lol I got into CVS a few weeks when they had the Glade deal, it was a very good week since I started with no ECB'S. I now have $30 ECB's and counting. Two thing I feel have helped me. 1) I got a gc from a prescription so any oop I used the gc and 2) rainchecks. I realized they come in handy when you need to reach a certain amount or if you are waiting for the right q's to pair the items with.

nunu17 09-19-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalanchoe (Post 23105399)
Heh, I started hardcore CVSing last Thanksgiving when there were oodles of moneymaker deals, since lots of FAECB items had corresponding coupons too. I always stuck to never paying OOP - would only buy the things I could cover with ECBs. But the ECBs just went up and up, since for example, I'd use a $5 ECB to buy a $7 item that I had a $2 coupon for - and then the item would give me $7 back, so I'd have turned my $5 into $7.

I never started using $/$$'s until I had enough ECBs to not have to pay OOP after using one. Instead, I'd just buy 1 moneymaker item at a time...but just by doing that, I was able to work my way up quickly enough to start using $/$$'s. Again, I was doing this around Thanksgiving and Christmas time when the deals were good; on the other hand, the current week, last week, next week, etc., aren't nearly as conducive to this unfortunately. (But don't worry, Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I'm sure CVS will have great deals again then! ;))

Anyway, once I got to a sizeable amount of ECBs (e.g., $20 or so) to be able to comfortably use $/$$'s, the $/$$'s really helped a lot to get my ECBs up even more. Buy $$ worth of FAECB items, use a $/$$, and you've immediately made $ profit.

I was up to about $130 in ECBs a couple weeks ago, since we'd been having some nice moneymaker weeks - in particular, I remember stuff like Poise and Carefree being wonderful moneymakers. Having the unlimited Readyfill $5/$25's lately certainly didn't hurt either!

Again, since the deals more recently haven't been nearly as good, I've just been burning my near-expiring ECBs on stuff we can use - for example, I've gotten a ton of Progresso and Jack Link's jerky in the past week. Of course, I still used a $5/$25 with every transaction and mixed with some freebie/near-freebie deals (Listerine, Glucerna, Air Wick, Dove deodorant) to not lose as many ECBs.

Anyway, I don't know if that's all that helpful - basically, I'd just say to not worry too much when you see others' scenarios and can't copy them because you just don't have the ECBs (yet) to do the same thing without OOP. Just stay at it, do the deals you can with the ECBs you have, and when the good weeks come along, take advantage of the moneymaker deals to work your ECBs up. Once you reach some critical threshold (I'd say for me, it was probably around $15-$20), you'll then have enough ECBs to do whatever you want. :) Good luck! :heart:

Thank you so much- I always feel like I HAVE to use the 3/15 or 5/25 or whatever that I have in addition to the ECBs, and that I HAVE to do every deal that I can. I've been doing this since July and have gotten lots of stuff, but have spent more than I really should have. And I spend a lot of time in the stores figuring out my transactions, too. Hopefully with the holiday season coming up like you said, it will get easier for me. I guess I need to take the pressure off myself and work on spending as little OOP as possible instead of getting as much stuff as possible. Will rep you as soon as I figure out how to. Just repped you- that was easier than I thought it would be. :)
Thanks again.

nunu17 09-19-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESQKRW (Post 23105695)
Wow I cant wait for these good times you speak of. lol I got into CVS a few weeks when they had the Glade deal, it was a very good week since I started with no ECB'S. I now have $30 ECB's and counting. Two thing I feel have helped me. 1) I got a gc from a prescription so any oop I used the gc and 2) rainchecks. I realized they come in handy when you need to reach a certain amount or if you are waiting for the right q's to pair the items with.

Those are 2 things that I have to remember, too, very good points. Thanks and repped.

AVANDARLAY 09-19-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

pictures on coups mean nothing unless it says only pictured items-

:shake: :look: :shake: oh, I forgot, pictures mean everything at cvs where the cashiers can't read!!:look: :shake: :look:

AVANDARLAY 09-19-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunu17 (Post 23104497)

I have found that 100 ebs in the kitty are no better than 20 for the purpose of doing deals assuming you have all available coups-when I have all the coups I hardly ever can use more than 10 ebs in 1 transaction and usually it is 5 or less-it is a very rare occasion I use 20

noungning 09-19-2009 07:24 PM

wow for someone to have an ECB amounting $20? thats high lol must've done 2 activas at once? :dontknow:

i tend to burn my extra bucks because i get needy and want this and that... and end up spending it all, i just almost spent all my ECBs again, was back down to 6.99 today lol.

Kalanchoe 09-19-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noungning (Post 23107961)
i tend to burn my extra bucks because i get needy and want this and that... and end up spending it all, i just almost spent all my ECBs again, was back down to 6.99 today lol.

I wish I could get needy, lol...a lot of times, I just want to quit because this takes up so much of my time, but I just don't know what I'd spend my ECBs on! I'm currently out of school, unemployed, and don't live with family (just DBF, whom I sometimes don't even spend much time with) - basically, I usually do nothing but CVS all day. :crazy:

(A slight exaggeration, but sadly it's not that much of an exaggeration either, lol. I do go deal-hunting at a few other stores too - Rite Aid, Harris Teeter, etc. - but none to the extent of CVS, and I swear I don't do all that much else in my life either. So maybe this is a warning that y'all don't want to have as many ECBs as I do - it's really difficult to go on with life once you do!)

But yeah, I mean, as I said, I only live with DBF, and frankly we already have at least 20x more of everything (toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, even food items like candy, soup, crackers, cereal) than we could possibly need - in some cases, we probably have 100x too much. :crazy: So anything I could possibly buy from CVS, I already have way too much of (I even have nutso stuff like a Leg Magic Ultra, and most of the furniture and small appliances in my house are RTH brand, as sad as that sounds) - so what could I possibly burn my ECBs on?! Ugh, give me a way out, pleeeaaase...

Sockerton 09-19-2009 10:42 PM

I tried the 4 off 20 link and I got no coupon. Just a page that says

Unfortunately, we can not display your email at this time. Please try again later.

I got this message when I tried all of the $ off $$ links. Uh Oh.

MyFeetHurt 09-19-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sockerton (Post 23110673)

Unfortunately, we can not display your email at this time. Please try again later.

That's exactly why I save mine as soon as they are posted to this thread.
I also post a friendly reminder to others to do the same because you never know when CVS will take down the links

noungning 09-19-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalanchoe (Post 23110321)
I wish I could get needy, lol...a lot of times, I just want to quit because this takes up so much of my time, but I just don't know what I'd spend my ECBs on! I'm currently out of school, unemployed, and don't live with family (just DBF, whom I sometimes don't even spend much time with) - basically, I usually do nothing but CVS all day. :crazy:

(A slight exaggeration, but sadly it's not that much of an exaggeration either, lol. I do go deal-hunting at a few other stores too - Rite Aid, Harris Teeter, etc. - but none to the extent of CVS, and I swear I don't do all that much else in my life either. So maybe this is a warning that y'all don't want to have as many ECBs as I do - it's really difficult to go on with life once you do!)

But yeah, I mean, as I said, I only live with DBF, and frankly we already have at least 20x more of everything (toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, even food items like candy, soup, crackers, cereal) than we could possibly need - in some cases, we probably have 100x too much. :crazy: So anything I could possibly buy from CVS, I already have way too much of (I even have nutso stuff like a Leg Magic Ultra, and most of the furniture and small appliances in my house are RTH brand, as sad as that sounds) - so what could I possibly burn my ECBs on?! Ugh, give me a way out, pleeeaaase...

haha! i always have to burn, 1) weekend newspaper 2) sister's needs - not on sale eye lashes, not on sale eye liner :omg: 3) milk

it tends to burn and i'm left with like so little and have to restrategize for it to pump back up pass $10 haha

Sockerton 09-19-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 23110841)
That's exactly why I save mine as soon as they are posted to this thread.
I also post a friendly reminder to others to do the same because you never know when CVS will take down the links

They always take them down on Sunday. I usually PDF them right away, but since I have the 5 off 25 Redi Fill quiz I haven't had the need to save them. The only one I really wanted is the Softsoap. :o(

bren4bears 09-20-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

:eek: :omg: Was just coming here to save these and they have :disapper: Oh well , maybe this :smack: will teach me a lesson. I have the 4/20 RF , but , people say it isn't working. Maybe I'll have better luck with the 4/20 facial & 2/10 vitamin RF q's. :pray:

HollyGolightly 09-20-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

I have $120 in EBs on one card that I roll.. so it is easy if you're doing deals at other stores and the deals @ CVS are lame.. to be close to expiration date on EBs.. luckily my stores take expireds, so I don't freak out too much.. But I am always scared they will stop accepting expireds, so I try not to let them expire too often.

Anyway, the more $$ you have in EBs, the hardest it is to roll.. especially if you're concentrating on deals at other stores as well..

HollyGolightly 09-20-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noungning (Post 23107961)
wow for someone to have an ECB amounting $20? thats high lol must've done 2 activas at once? :dontknow:

2 L'Oreal deals in one transaction, so I could use a $off$$ coupon = $20 in one EB! Usually not that hard to spend a $20 EB for me, but this week I thought it was..turns out I was wrong and it wasn't hard @ all, since I did the soda deal..

YCG 09-20-2009 08:52 AM

Can anyone confirm whether the oral care $2 off $10 is beeping today (Sunday)? I know it was still working on Saturday night, but I'm looking for anyone who tried it today. Thanks!

metrowest 09-20-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catmom23 (Post 23094335)
For those who also shop Kmart, there are $1 coupons in the coupon book that are expiring 10/3. They are manufacturer coupons even though they do have a small K emblem on them. I'm going to check this out myself tomorrow since I have about 10 books and didn't use any of my Sally Hansen q's last K doubles.

Thanks for the info metrowest. Repped!

Quote:

There are Sally Hansen Natural Beauty lip glosses in the $1 bin, but it sounds as though you coupon would work on any (2) $1 Sally Hansen products.

There is also an IP for Natural Beauty here [epsiloninteractive.com]. I believe it is for $3, but I have not printed it.

I also got $1 IP off any Sally Hansen, I thought from cvs.com, buy now I can't find it again. Perhaps someone else knows where it came from.

stacyalisa 09-20-2009 10:28 AM

Just FYI, the 4/20 diet/nutrition beeped expired for me today.

Stacy

bren4bears 09-20-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacyalisa (Post 23115737)
Just FYI, the 4/20 diet/nutrition beeped expired for me today.

Stacy

Was it pushed through or was it a no go?

stacyalisa 09-20-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren4bears (Post 23115783)
Was it pushed through or was it a no go?

No go, she handed it back to me.

bren4bears 09-20-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacyalisa (Post 23115809)
No go, she handed it back to me.

Does your store normally accept expired CVS q's or ecb's?

stacyalisa 09-20-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren4bears (Post 23116085)
Does your store normally accept expired CVS q's or ecb's?

Yeah, they usually do but it depends on the cashier. Didnt push it because I was already using a 5/25 survey coupon that expired a couple days ago but went through fine.

asclosetofree 09-20-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

I got that message this morning too when I tried to get the coupons from the email from CVS.
But I just tried my email links and the links posted on this thread again and they are working right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldchicago (Post 23056131)
Here are some more:

$1 off CVS Pain Reliver

Z5/7Izb/CPNUMBER=48167
[cvs.com]

$3 off New Loreal

$1.50 on Edge

$1 Softsoap