Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://archive.slickdeals.net/index.php)
-   Drugstore/Grocery B&M Deals + Discussion (http://archive.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   RETIRED: CVS Coupon AND Other (i.e. Manufacturer's) Coupons that can be used at CVS Discussion (http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/798621-retired-cvs-coupon-and-other-i-e-manufacturer-s-coupons-that-can-be-used-at-cvs-discussion)

slayers750 01-12-2008 12:10 AM

RETIRED: CVS Coupon AND Other (i.e. Manufacturer's) Coupons that can be used at CVS Discussion

System Notice: This thread content has been automatically archived from another thread which reached post limit, and will be preserved for reference and archival purposes. The discussion should continue in the original thread

I decided to make a new thread for DISCUSSION of CVS Coupons and how they should be used.

As you know, there has been too much discussion of CVS Coupons in the old coupon thread, preventing people from actually finding the CVS Coupons they were looking for.

PLEASE USE THIS FORUM FOR THE DISCUSSION OF CVS COUPONS OR OTHER (I.E. MANUFACTURER'S) COUPONS THAT CAN BE USED AT CVS -- PLEASE KEEP THE OTHER COUPON THREAD LOCATED HERE FREE OF DISCUSSION AND ONLY FOR THE POSTING OF ACTUAL CVS COUPONS.

Credit goes to hawaiiandawn here

Also credit to The Raddish for allowing us to have this thread and see how it will work out.

wikipost 01-12-2008 12:10 AM

Read This First Before Starting A Discussion About Coupons!:

Before starting a discussion about coupons , PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

COUPON ACCEPTANCE
As a general rule, stores should accept your coupons because they got you in the door and build sales. The official corporate policy is that CVS will accept one Manufacturer's coupon and one CVS coupon per item. Extra Care Bucks do not count as a coupon for purposes of this rule.

When you get into the fringe scenarios, however, it will vary by district, store, and even by cashier. Some stores have been instructed to "take all the coupons a customer has", some limit you in various ways. Some stores allow multiple "Save $X on $YY purchase" coupons, some don't. Some stores allow the use of coupons past their printed expiration date, some do not. Please note that the newer Save $x on $yy purchase coupons limit you to 1 per transaction.

USAGE OF EXPIRED COUPONS
Historically speaking, CVS coupons do not beep* until 2 weeks after the expiration date printed on the coupon. Some stores take the coupons until they beep, even if it is past the expiration date. Other stores have a policy to NOT take coupons once they have expired.

So, until something changes in their system, a $/$$ coupon that is expired will NOT beep until it is 2 weeks past the expiration date. Given that, please calculate what 2 weeks past the expiration date is and don't ask this question in the thread. [thanks schnauzermomma]

Since some stores have a 'no expired' coupon policy, and we do not want to abuse their kindness in giving us these coupons, please don't be upset if your store won't take the expireds. It happens. Key here is that once a CVS coupon expires, it is even more YMMV than before.

* "beep" : When the CVS register system alerts the cashier that the coupon was not accepted, we refer to this as a coupon that "beeps".

USAGE OF "Save $X on $YY purchase" COUPONS - STACKING AND SUPERSTACKING
The official corporate policy is that you may use as many of these coupons as you like, as long as your total purchased meets the total of the coupons. In other words, if you purchased $30.00, you may use both a "$4 off $20" and a "$2 off $10" in the same transaction. You may not use a "$4 off $20", a "$3 off $15" and a "$2 off $10" together in this scenario because those coupons would require a $45 total purchase. This is good for the coupons that don't specifically say that only one $x/$xx coupon per transaction is allowed.

Many people have discovered that the CVS register system will allow you to go beyond the rule stated above. This is referred to as "stacking". Some folks have successfully used several $/$$ coupons in the same transaction and received $25 or more off of their purchase, and this has become known as "super-stacking". Not every store/cashier allows this. Please read on. This cannot be done with the newer set of $x/$xx coupons as they specifically mention that only one $x/$xx coupon per transaction can be used.

IS IT "WRONG" TO USE COUPONS X,Y,Z IN THIS MANNER?
Some stores will allow you to "stack" coupons beyond the rule stated above. Some stores allow you to use expired coupons. Many posters on this board consider this to be abuse. Many do not. Did CVS intend for these coupons to be used like this? Did CVS really intend for folks to walk out with $100 worth of merch having paid only $0.46 for it? Isn't that just wrong??

Since none of us work for CVS marketing, none of us could ever know CVS's intentions with respect to these coupons. Therefore, we can never know whether we are right or wrong. Whether you choose to do this is up to your store and your conscience.

In any case, please do not discuss the process or the morality of "stacking" or "superstacking", or any other "iffy" couponing scenarios on SlickDeals. Such discussions will generate pages and pages of differing opinion that ultimately goes nowhere. It just gets people upset and no one ever wins the argument.

SlickDeals does not condone fraud, the discussion of fraud, or anything resembling fraud. Any scenario where you try to cheat CVS by inappropriate purchasing & returning, using coupons to buy gift cards, or any other fraudulent usage will be modalerted and removed.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR COUPON BEEPS
Please do not call the CVS customer care line to complain because a store didn't allow you to stack multiple $X off $YY purchase coupons, or because they wouldn't let you use an expired coupon, or because they wouldn't let you use a coupon for a 6.0 oz colgate on the 4.2 oz package (that coincidentally is generating ECB), etc. DO NOT EVER CALL ABOUT STACKING $x/$xx COUPONS!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is an example of starting a discussion about stacking $x/$xx coupons and should be avoided, instead one should please read the above about coupon acceptance instead.
Quote:

Not that it would be wise to attempt it and attract unwanted attention, but as an example to facilitate understanding here : On a $35 purchase transaction of at least 9 items, a register could accept all the following unique coupons ?

$5 off $30 #1, 4-1583, 1-13-08
$5 off $30 #2, 4-1817 , 1-13-08
$4 off $20, 4-1584, 1-13-08
$4 off $20, 4-3037, 1-21
$5 off $15, Times Union 1-13
$3 off $15, 4-1585, 1-13-08
$3 off $15, 4-1587, 1-27
$2 off $10 4-1575, CVS Brand, 1-13-08
$2 off $10, 4-9924, 1/31/08

OFFICIAL POLICY REGARDING THE POSTING OF COUPONS ON SD AND ALSO ANY FUTURE COUPONS THAT HAVE NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED.

The official policy on coupons as far as SD goes is that we allow all coupons to be posted with the following exceptions:
• Altered coupons - warnable offense
• Posting a scanned version of a coupon that was printed out at Coupons.com - warnable offense
(note: providing a link to where to print out the coupon at Coupons.com is OK)
• Scanned manufacturer's coupons - warnable offense
• One-time use coupons (useless anyway)
• Coupons asked to be removed by the source (for example, Lowe's and Target have both asked us to pull coupons off SD
• Please note that CVS has asked us to not allow attachments, this includes *.JPG, *.PDF, and *.DOC to be posted here. Direct links to CVS coupons will still be allowed.
As for the coupons posted early, as long as they are hosted by the retailer on the retailer's server, we'll allow them. As a compromise, we'll hide the posts until they are 'officially released', but we will allow them to be posted.

This is an email I recived from Corp regarding coupon use - NeedNewShoes

Quote:

Dear Ms. Jen :

Thank you for taking the time to contact CVS/pharmacy with your inquiry regarding CVS/pharmacy coupon policies and proceedures. I hope that the following information will help to clarify things for your group.

We value our savvy coupon shoppers at CVS/pharmacy. As of June 2007 however, we are no longer accepting expired coupons.

Like many companies, we cheerfully reset expired coupons for many years to accommodate our wonderful customers. The recent change in proceedure can only be attributed to loss prevention.

CVS/pharmacy will accept coupons printed from the Internet.

They must have a legible barcode that scans at the register.

If the coupon does not scan at the register, the cashier should politely inform you that we are unable to accept your coupon. We do not allow manual overrides at the register for coupons printed from the Internet.

Our registers are set to allow 1 CVS coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item. However, the staff should be allowing customers to use Extra Bucks in combination with other CVS coupons since these are coupons you have “earned.”

In addition, similarly they should be allowing the use of “offer at the register” coupons which would be an open offer of $3 off of $15 or a certain dollar amount off of a specific item.

Since our registers are programmed to only accept 2 coupons (1 CVS, 1 manufacturer) per item if the number of coupons exceed the items purchased a member of management will need to assist the cashier in processing the coupons.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

But once again, I thank you for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
Sincerely,

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 12:19 AM

Slayers,
Is this only for discussion of CVS printable coupons or any coupons that we may use at CVS?

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 12:20 AM

CVS Coupon AND Other (i.e. Manufacturer's) Coupons that can be used at CVS Discussion Thread

Has anybody tried using the new $3/10 Lumene coupon that was emailed out this week with exp. date of 1/13 ?

slayers750 01-12-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9707147)
Slayers,
Is this only for discussion of CVS printable coupons or any couponsthat we may use at CVS?

That is a good question. For right now, I think it would be OK to talk about any coupons that can be used at CVS -- and if the mods think otherwise, then they are free to revise it to make it for CVS coupons only.

I will for right now revise the title.

anjilynn 01-12-2008 01:00 AM

Slayers,
Can I ASK about a coupon - something that I can't seem to find?

slayers750 01-12-2008 01:11 AM

go ahead and ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjilynn (Post 9707357)
Slayers,
Can I ASK about a coupon - something that I can't seem to find?

Don't see why not -- it is late night here -- so until the mods and/or community decide to come up with a more specific rule -- I can't see why you can't ask here for now. :)

Of course keep in mind the mods and/or community have the right to make this room more specific -- so keep that in mind in case your post gets deleted / moved later today.

anjilynn 01-12-2008 01:22 AM

Removed for convenience but I will say - anyone who redeems Coke points - the c/o's for free 12 packs are great to save for when CVS offers EBs or you need a somewhat larger item for a filler.

chllnast 01-12-2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9706586)
Has anybody tried using the new $3/10 Lumene coupon that was emailed out this week with exp. date of 1/13 ?

I used the $4 off Futuro coupon that was in the same batch as the Lumene...it worked.

koledust 01-12-2008 07:21 AM

I am guessing the 15/75 is still working... anyone want to confirm that it would be great.... i can stack coupons at my cvs so that would be the only coupon i plan to print and want it to work...

Also is the $5.00 off energizer coupon still working?

Shutterfly 01-12-2008 09:12 AM

CVS Competitor Coupon`s that can be used at CVS

Just received a coupon booklet from BJ`s Warehouse Club
On each coupon it states coupon redeemable only at BJ`s

Question:
Can these be redeemed at CVS

Thanks

See cover of Extra Value Book for January 2008
Extra Care Bucks - Dollar Limit per Transaction

jackson6 01-12-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutterfly (Post 9709627)

Question:

Thanks

my CVS's in West Texas do not honor competitors coupons, sorry.

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koledust (Post 9708709)
Also is the $5.00 off energizer coupon still working?

Hmm, let's see.

It expired 12/23. So TWO WEEKS later it should now beep.

I'll let you figure out the math, since the answer is one the same page you asked the question on!

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Question:

Thanks

Generally, NO (on store items). BUT the PHARMACY will take competitor PRESCRIPTION coupons... from my understanding.

Clarification needed via PM from more expirenced?

Good question! :wave:

Just Peachy 01-12-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9710477)
Theoretically, for the time being, yes. It is known as SUPER (DUPER) STACKING. Some stores allow it, but MOST DO NOT. If your store does not, DO NOT RAISE A RUCKUS. They do not HAVE to take the coupons in this manner!

THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTED PRACTICE AND IS AB(USE) OF CVS COUPONS.

This type of abuse will most likely end up with a hammer being brought down on couponing, and NOBODY WANTS THAT.

You've got two different answers going here. One is that it's not an accepted practice and the other is that some stores will, in fact, allow it. Is it abuse or no?

Also, in your coupons thread that you don't want ot in, everything but the wiki looks ot to me, including the op. All you really want in there is coupons that can be used, correct? What's 'new programming' and getting new cards have to do with actual coupons? I think this is one of the reasons so many people are confused. Op says one thing and the rest of the thread doesn't follow. :dontknow:

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachyum (Post 9710554)
You've got two different answers going here. One is that it's not an accepted practice and the other is that some stores will, in fact, allow it. Is it abuse or no?

You are missing the point. The registers will take them, and since some store have the "if the register takes it, its ok". In reality... IT IS NOT OK.. THIS IS ABUSE. Just because OJ got away with killing Nicole does make it right for everyone to!

Quote:

Also, in your coupons thread that you don't want ot in, everything but the wiki looks ot to me, including the op. All you really want in there is coupons that can be used, correct? What's 'new programming' and getting new cards have to do with actual coupons? I think this is one of the reasons so many people are confused. Op says one thing and the rest of the thread doesn't follow. :dontknow:
I have no idea what is going on over there. I spent HOURS looking up posts to copy/paste so there would be a story-book like narrative on how to use coupons and it gets moved/deleted.

Just Peachy 01-12-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9710647)
You are missing the point. The registers will take them, and since some store have the "if the register takes it, its ok". In reality... IT IS NOT OK.. THIS IS ABUSE.

This is where it gets tricky. If a store will take it, who determines whether it's abuse or not?

Quote:

I have no idea what is going on over there. I spent HOURS looking up posts to copy/paste so there would be a story-book like narrative on how to use coupons and it gets moved/deleted.
I see. It's not that your intentions weren't good, just that it looks like it turned left pretty quick in the game. :hug:

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachyum (Post 9710703)
This is where it gets tricky. If a store will take it, who determines whether it's abuse or not?

I see. It's not that your intentions weren't good, just that it looks like it turned left pretty quick in the game. :hug:

Even if the store doesn't consider it abuse, it could lead to problems if a lot of people were using all the coupons at once in this manner. If everyone did it, CVS could put a limit we don't want on our coupon usage.

Just Peachy 01-12-2008 11:13 AM

In order for all of us to be on the same page, is it just your law, CVS law or your in-law who determines what's abuse or not? We're looking for answers here so we know what the boundries are. Has anyone from CVS specifically stated that coupon stacking such as above is abuse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9710816)
Even if the store doesn't consider it abuse, it could lead to problems if a lot of people were using all the coupons at once in this manner. If everyone did it, CVS could put a limit we don't want on our coupon usage.

So it's basically just trying to stay under the radar and not necessarily because CVS has defined it as abuse, yes?

UsedtoBeHidn 01-12-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

:

Very simple... if you are using an expired coupon (even within the 2 week period it still scans in the system) and not disclosing to the cashier that the date on the coupon has passed but the computer will still accept it. IT IS ABUSE!!!!
There !!! I have offered a definition and it is correct.... all questions regrarding abuse can be laid to rest.

If you are trying to pull one over on your store and not disclose it then very simply it is abuse.

If there are any other questions regarding this situation then I will be happy to answer them but this is the 100% correct definition.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachyum (Post 9710873)
B-B-But we already have a Jeebus. And a Mozez. And they incite us to make two dinners and freeze one for later. :D

And seriously, in order for all of us to be on the same page, is it just your law, CVS law or your in-law who determines what's abuse or not? We're looking for answers here so we know what the boundries are. Has anyone from CVS specifically stated that coupon stacking such as above is abuse?

So it's basically just trying to stay under the radar and not necessarily because CVS has defined it as abuse, yes?

Yes, and thank you...you get it!!
Now if we can get others to "get it"

CVS hasn't defined it as abuse, that I know of, maybe some mgrs. have.
It's abuse to try this with every transaction, yes, in my opinion
I personally wouldn't try using all those coupons you listed, a few of them maybe, but definitely not all. That would be pushing it.
By saying "staying under the radar", I am talking about not caling unwanted attention to yourself by always going overboard with $$/$$ coupons.
Take care of what your CVS will allow you to do, if you abuse, you lose.
Hope that helps clarify what I was trying to say

guesswho 01-12-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9710647)
You are missing the point. The registers will take them, and since some store have the "if the register takes it, its ok". In reality... IT IS NOT OK.. THIS IS ABUSE. Just because OJ got away with killing Nicole does make it right for everyone to!

If you look at your original post and the links you've added, it would say that any coupon related discussion post would be moved to discussion thread, so that's why the posts have been moved here to the coupon discussion thread..

Who said men don't know how to CVS? Ed, anonymous_user, mikesblikesdeals are men too and their deals are probably better than most of us women here..

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachyum (Post 9710873)

Yes, it has been posting in another thread from CVS corporate that it is not allowed.

Staying under the radar is the same as trying to get away with theft. If I go in and put a bunch of stuff in my backpack and try to stay under the radar when I walk out, is that shoplifting? OF COURSE.

If they cashier KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY accepts (any) coupon, then that is (obviously) not abuse. If YOU are trying to pull a fast one over, then INDEED THAT IS ABUSE.

:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearl2000 (Post 9710955)
If you look at your original post and the links you've added, it would say that any coupon related discussion post would be moved to discussion thread, so that's why the posts have been moved here to the coupon discussion thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by from the OP on the NEWEST PRINTABLE THREAD
We're simply trying to get the coupon thread under control where people who are hunting coupon information don't have to sift through hundreds of posts.

And that INFORMATION was deleted. Again I go back to yet another post about COMPREHENSION.

Oh, and yes, my Spanish name really is JESUS, I am Jewish and I am a carpenter!

UsedtoBeHidn 01-12-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9709907)
Generally, NO (on store items). BUT the PHARMACY will take competitor PRESCRIPTION coupons... from my understanding.

Clarification needed via PM from more expirenced?

Good question! :wave:

CVS will only accept competitor coupons for scripts and nothing else. This is the policy.

anjilynn 01-12-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachyum (Post 9711060)
Then any talk such as what is in post 15 would be considered abuse and should be MA'd so that new people to this don't attempt it, correct? ;)

That is MY opinion, yes. But I have been couponing for many years - before there even were websites that told you how.

I will glady form a new opinion on the day that someone (anyone) calls CVS customer service and gets a notice sent out that says " Yes, we here at CVS want to give our customers $42 off a $75 order. Come on in!!" (I did that once, just to see if I could & have regretted it since - I do not judge newbies who try it - rather the people who know better - as I did)

Also, read the fine print on the printable CVS c/o's. They say "one per customer" Now, does that mean 1 $/$ coupon per transaction or does that mean each coupon should only be printed once?

ps - I don't mod alert - I have heard too many times that nothing gets done, why waste the effort? I just shake my head, to myself and move on to another area.

AMDGD 01-12-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjilynn (Post 9711149)
(I did that once, just to see if I could & have regretted it since - I do not judge newbies who try it - rather the people who know better - as I did)

Well said. I would add that it is to everyone's benefit to help guide others in what is acceptable and what is not. This reduces the possibility that CVS will shut the deals down. It has already happened in certain areas and can happen anywhere.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjilynn (Post 9711030)
:wave: I like it under the radar - I get awesome deals and I know I am doing nothing questionable:bulb:

me, too

Sherry1 01-12-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9706586)

i used the 3/10 and 5/10 in the same transaction last night w/o issues. total Lumene purchase was just over $25

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry1 (Post 9711455)
i used the 3/10 and 5/10 in the same transaction last night w/o issues. total Lumene purchase was just over $25

were both of those Lumene coupons?
I thought the Lumene was $3/10, I know the original was $5/10 but they changed it I think, to $3/10
Isn't that correct?

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

EXCELLENT STACK JOB EXAMPLE AS WELL...

3/10 + 5/10 = 8/20, NOT 8/13.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9711515)

what's this?

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9711515)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9711566)
what's this?

What do you not understand about what has been discussed about stacking?

As above is OK ALL THE TIME.

AS ABUSE METHOD:
$13 - 3/10 = $10..... - $5/10 = $5. THIS IS NOT OK.

:( :( :( :(

anjilynn 01-12-2008 12:32 PM

LOL - I understood what you meant,ski ; I just wasn't going to reply in case somone got a new idea from the answer :)

Quote:

Question:

If the individaul c/o's say 'manufacturers coupon' CVS will accept them.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9711599)
What do you not understand about what has been discussed about stacking?

As above is OK ALL THE TIME.

AS ABUSE METHOD:
$13 - 3/10 = $10..... - $5/10 = $5. THIS IS NOT OK.

:( :( :( :(

Hey, I agree that was good stacking, I just didn't get what your "8/13" meant.
Don't yell at me. This is for questions about coupons

WBBell 01-12-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

It's very very simple. Do you, really, honestly, deep down in your soul think that CVS intended for you to go in there, fill a cart with $70.00 worth of stuff, then present 15 different coupons of various $X/$XX flavours, and walk out the door paying $0.38 ???

I had a nice chat with the kid who was working the counter this afternoon and he said he had people coming in all the time doing just that and he "couldn't believe how the store could stay open". He also wanted to know why people are constantly buying blood glucose monitors. :lol:

CVS is going to shut down this "super duper stacking", folks, it's just a matter of how soon and how badly. Either they will stop issuing them altogether, limit the usage per card, per day, per transaction, or who knows, but we won't like it. The worse they perceive the abuse to be, the more severely they will deal with the problem.

xoneinax 01-12-2008 12:58 PM

On a $41 purchase transaction of at least 9 items, below is completely acceptable and is not abuse per-se, since you are meeting the requirement of each coupon at the moment you use it.

$5 off $30 #1, 4-1583, 1-13-08
total after use = 36.xx
$5 off $30 #2, 4-1817 , 1-13-08
total after use = 31.xx
$5 off $15, Times Union 1-13
total after use = 26.xx
$4 off $20, 4-1584, 1-13-08
total after use = 22.xx
$4 off $20, 4-3037, 1-21
total after use = 18.xx
$3 off $15, 4-1585, 1-13-08
total after use = 15.xx
$3 off $15, 4-1587, 1-27
total after use = 12.xx
$2 off $10 4-1575, CVS Brand, 1-13-08
total after use = 10.xx
$2 off $10, 4-9924, 1/31/08
total after using = 8.xx

imhzgrlnotu 01-12-2008 01:02 PM

personally i think cvs intended for us to print the coupons that were given to us in our email (not everyone elses) and use them 1 time. i also think that cvs intended for us to be welcomed 1 time per card, not whenever that welcome email expires and we switch emails. im sure they didnt intend for us to use more than 1 $/$$ coupon per transaction either.

with that being said, i personally will use as many coupons per order as my cashier allows. sometimes i get away with using only a couple, sometimes i can use more. corporate can (and has, while ive been in the store) called the store to ask about coupon usage, so they obviously have that information too. if they didnt want more than one used, or them to only be used one time, or only for the card they were sent to, cvs could program the computer to only allow that.

so......i think everyone should get off their high horse and do what THEY feel comfortable with, stop trying to push their ideas onto everyone else.

ok ill get off my :soapbox: now

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imhzgrlnotu (Post 9711839)
personally i think cvs intended for us to print the coupons that were given to us in our email (not everyone elses) and use them 1 time. i also think that cvs intended for us to be welcomed 1 time per card, not whenever that welcome email expires and we switch emails. im sure they didnt intend for us to use more than 1 $/$$ coupon per transaction either.

with that being said, i personally will use as many coupons per order as my cashier allows. sometimes i get away with using only a couple, sometimes i can use more. corporate can (and has, while ive been in the store) called the store to ask about coupon usage, so they obviously have that information too. if they didnt want more than one used, or them to only be used one time, or only for the card they were sent to, cvs could program the computer to only allow that.

so......i think everyone should get off their high horse and do what THEY feel comfortable with, stop trying to push their ideas onto everyone else.

ok ill get off my :soapbox: now

Thank you, I agree with all you said and I will do the same.

chllnast 01-12-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imhzgrlnotu (Post 9711839)

a very important statement ..the part in bold above...if we really wanted to be moral and do it right, then why this thread ? and why print out coupons that someone else received ?

I guess we are setting ground rules based on what is convenient to our conscience.

lets all settle down, instead of trying to run the way someone else shops, share and use coupons and live happily without bickering..we have enough going on with our lives ...to make this the one major issue

ilikemodsalot 01-12-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chllnast (Post 9711944)
a very important statement ..the part in bold above...if we really wanted to be moral and do it right, then why this thread ? and why print out coupons that someone else received ?

I guess we are setting ground rules based on what is convenient to our conscience.

IMO, for what a n00bs opinion is worth, is that the important part of the statement you quoted was, "I think"

but I agree, we will all do what we will all do regardless of what is said here.

If you need help with your conscience or morals, this is probably not the place to get it.

Just Peachy 01-12-2008 01:22 PM

My questions are asked so that the mods know what to look for as far as possible fraud or abuse on this forum in an effort to keep this board conformed to the standards we've all come to expect from SD. It has nothing to do with anyone's personal motives or morals. This board is new and because of this it's important that all of the mods know what they're looking at when they see it and can act upon it accordingly.

Autumn. 01-12-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjilynn (Post 9711149)
ps - I don't mod alert - I have heard too many times that nothing gets done, why waste the effort? I just shake my head, to myself and move on to another area.

This may have been true in the past, but things are changing a great deal around here. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemodsalot (Post 9711975)
IMO, for what a n00bs opinion is worth, is that the important part of the statement you quoted was, "I think"
but I agree, we will all do what we will all do regardless of what is said here.
If you need help with your conscience or morals, this is probably not the place to get it.

Hey there, and welcome !

slayers750 01-12-2008 03:04 PM

Looks like we got off on the wrong foot

Mods,

Please delete posts #15 to #46 -- I have put a new thing in the Wiki that specifically says to not discuss the stacking of $x/$xx CVS coupons (i.e. $3 off $15 or more).

This is because this type of discussion always leads to heated debates with too many people either wanting to abuse the system (smash and grab) which will lead to an end of the slick deals here for CVS, or are imposing their morals on everyone else.

For everyone here who participated -- don't not be personally offended -- this is still a new coupon discussion board and the rules are still being made with the wiki being created just a few hours before post #15. There will be growing pains until everyone can be on the same page.

Thank you.

Just Peachy 01-12-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayers750 (Post 9713169)
Mods,

Please delete posts #15 to #46

The thread was already MA'd way back at the beginning but I requested that this thread be used as a tool to decipher between what is considered abuse and none abuse for the mods for awhile. Please don't take it personally if the posts remain. Thanks :hug:

slayers750 01-12-2008 03:12 PM

Here it is as a reminder!!

From the Wiki (original credit goes to long time poster CartmanLikesPie):

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BELOW BEFORE STARTING A DISCUSSION ABOUT STACKING! THEN DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND DON'T START ANY POST THAT TALKS ABOUT IT!

Before starting a discussion about stacking $x/$xx coupons (i.e. $3 off of a $15 purchase or more) or using expired CVS coupons, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

COUPON ACCEPTANCE -
It varies from store to store. Some stores have been instructed to "take all the coupons a customer has" , some limit you to ONE printed "$ off" coupon per transaction, some allow NO printed coupons AT ALL (usually due to chronic coupon overuse by a few individuals). Some stores allow the use of coupons past their printed expiration date, some do not. IT IS up to each individual store as to which/how many coupons they will accept. If your coupons get turned down, the best course of action is to not make a fuss, just try again later. Coupon acceptance is almost entirely reliant upon the cashier you get - how lenient/apathetic/awake they are & how informed they are regarding store policy.

DO NOT EVER CALL ABOUT STACKING $x/$xx COUPONS!

Autumn. 01-12-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Mods,

Please delete posts #15 to #46 -- I have put a new thing in the Wiki that specifically says to not discuss the stacking of $x/$xx CVS coupons (i.e. $3 off $15 or more).

This is because this type of discussion always leads to heated debates with too many people either wanting to abuse the system (smash and grab) which will lead to an end of the slick deals here for CVS, or are imposing their morals on everyone else.

For everyone here who participated -- don't not be personally offended -- this is still a new coupon discussion board and the rules are still being made with the wiki being created just a few hours before post #15. There will be growing pains until everyone can be on the same page.

Thank you.

I think you have a good point, but I'd like to hear just a few more opinions on this. I think this has been a healthy discussion to have here, and I'd like to get a consensus.

Do you all agree that we should remove the posts as suggested by slayers750?

WBBell 01-12-2008 03:16 PM

OK ... I'm not trying to be a troublemaker, but I don't really understand the purpose of this thread ... "to discuss coupons that can be used at CVS" ... is kind of vague. Can you maybe give some examples of coupon discussion from the other thread that you wanted to see moved here?

slayers750 01-12-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Raddish (Post 9713278)
I think you have a good point, but I'd like to hear just a few more opinions on this. I think this has been a healthy discussion to have here, and I'd like to get a consensus.

Thanks for the quick response and for getting everyone's opinion. As you can see, this subject is one that always leads to a heated subject and lots of drama. IMHO, if eveyone just read what CartmanLikesPie said -- there would be no issue.

Also, this is one of the subjects that would be tough to understand unless you were here for a while. That is why I am glad you are taking the time to participate more in these forums and see what kind of issues come up.

skibumintahoe 01-12-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

There are plenty of other threads already on this topic, so I think this whole thread has not been needed at all, but it does make it easier to start with a clean plate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBBell (Post 9713312)
OK ... I'm not trying to be a troublemaker, but I don't really understand the purpose of this thread ... "to discuss coupons that can be used at CVS" ... is kind of vague. Can you maybe give some examples of coupon discussion from the other thread that you wanted to see moved here?

I don't know either. I have plenty of posts that get moved into oblivion so I have no clue what is to be posted here.

xoneinax 01-12-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

This is because this type of discussion always leads to heated debates

So you have never stacked a 4 off 20 with a 2 off 10 ? I imagine CVS either does not care about stacking, or that they did not envision stacking at all. If the latter, stacking of just 2 is as abusive as stacking 6 to CVS, and so stacking just 2 will eventually kill the golden goose just as much as stacking 6.

And for newbies here who are tempted by the idea, I do not suggest walking up to a cashier and try to use 9 $x/$xx coupons unless you are hoping to secretly shoot a YouTube video of you getting thrown out of the store.

Just Peachy 01-12-2008 03:23 PM

It's all in the read, but I see no heated debate as of yet.

slayers750 01-12-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBBell (Post 9713312)

Many people are always talking about --

"What can I use my $4/20 diet products CRT for?"
"Can I use a manufacturer's coupon xyz on on a variation of product xyz without beeping?"
"Can I use 2 manufacturer's coupons with a CVS B1G1 sale?"
"What do I do if the cashier doesn't take ECB xyz or manufacturer's coupon abc?"
"Is (product xyz) considered valid for using a $4/20 CRT that mean product abc but may be interpreted also to also cover product xyz?"
"I am encountering a problem with CVS coupon xyz -- which causes all of my ECB's to not be accept above a certain amount"
"I have CVS coupon that I found at store 1234 -- please look for it in a certain department"
"I have special CVS coupons that are only good in region xyz"
"Anybody know if they heard from a DM or store manager if coupon policy as changed"
"I am worried about new tracking software that limits all CVS coupons, is this true"

All of the above are valid questions regarding coupons.

These are issues that don't fit into the weekly discussion because they aren't questions regarding the weekly ad.

thamil 01-12-2008 03:45 PM

Where are all the CVS weekly & monthly deal threads in hotdeals?? cant seem to find any when I search? Help !

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 03:50 PM

I personally think this thread is needed indeed. But everyone has an opinion and just because you have one does not make yours the right answer. There are more than one answer to some questions.

Opinions and advice should be given, but not forced on anyone. Everybody has to use their own judgement as what to or not to do.

All coupon stuff at CVS is very YMMV as we all know.

nobody should get yelled at or belittled for asking a question either.

We aren't all psychics, psycho's maybe

slayers750 01-12-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9713713)
I personally think this thread is needed indeed. But everyone has an opinion and just because you have one does not make yours the right answer. There are more than one answer to some questions.

Opinions and advice should be given, but not forced on anyone. Everybody has to use their own judgement as what to or not to do.

All coupon stuff at CVS is very YMMV as we all know.

nobody should get yelled at or belittled for asking a question either.

We aren't all psychics, psycho's maybe

Thank you MyFeetHurt.

The only reason I was asking for a removal of these posts was because this issue always ends up in heated debate with people ending up forcing their opinions on everyone.

This then leads to somebody slipping up and yelling or belittling somebody for asking a question and/or giving an opinion.

But yes, this thread overall I do think is needed. -- if you have more suggestions -- I welcome you to go to the rule thread http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=204770&t=709895 and let the mods know what you like to see.

slayers750 01-12-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9713376)
There are plenty of other threads already on this topic, so I think this whole thread has not been needed at all, but it does make it easier to start with a clean plate...

I don't know either. I have plenty of posts that get moved into oblivion so I have no clue what is to be posted here.

Thank you for your input. I do understand your frustration with things getting moved around.

I have had lots of posts moved around also during this time of transition. I think once everything is settled and we have more clearer input of what to expect (as more users give suggestions in the rules forum and let the mods know) that posts being moved around will be a lot less frequent.

zilly 01-12-2008 04:20 PM

"Official" Stacking rules...

FWIW...more than six months ago I e-mailed the ExtraCare program to find out what the corporate level rules are about stacking. As I suspected, it is "officially" against the rules to stack. I can dig up the e-mail if anybody wants, but I was told that to use a $4/$20 and a $10/$50, I would need to have a combined purchase of $70. Clear as crystal, no confusion in the e-mail.

That said, some folks have good relationships with their stores and are allowed to stack. It could be that the managers want the extra business and can otherwise balance their books just fine. The managers are given discretion to make coupon policy (this can be bad as well as good). If you ASK your manager/cashier and they are fine, then that's fine. If you're getting $30 off a $40 purchase by stacking at SCO, well...don't post it here. It will piss people off that want the coupons to keep coming. We are hearing about some potentially scary changes to the registers and IMO stacking abuse is why.

I'm confused about if I should have posted this here...but I couldn't keep my mouth shut:P

Tornadoredcabby 01-12-2008 04:22 PM

Stacking like this is BS and will lead to the eventual death of CVS deals :(

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9711495)
were both of those Lumene coupons?
I thought the Lumene was $3/10, I know the original was $5/10 but they changed it I think, to $3/10
Isn't that correct?

I never did get an answer on this.

Just Peachy 01-12-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilly (Post 9713966)
FWIW...more than six months ago I e-mailed the ExtraCare program to find out what the corporate level rules are about stacking. As I suspected, it is "officially" against the rules to stack. I can dig up the e-mail if anybody wants, but I was told that to use a $4/$20 and a $10/$50, I would need to have a combined purchase of $70. Clear as crystal, no confusion in the e-mail.

That said, some folks have good relationships with their stores and are allowed to stack. It could be that the managers want the extra business and can otherwise balance their books just fine. The managers are given discretion to make coupon policy (this can be bad as well as good). If you ASK your manager/cashier and they are fine, then that's fine. If you're getting $30 off a $40 purchase by stacking at SCO, well...don't post it here. It will piss people off that want the coupons to keep coming. We are hearing about some potentially scary changes to the registers and IMO stacking abuse is why.

I'm confused about if I should have posted this here...but I couldn't keep my mouth shut:P

I think we all appreciate very much what you've added here. It's hard to decipher if it's just that certain people don't want people stacking because that means they themselves won't be able to get away with it, or if it was a corporate mandate, etc., etc. Thank you for adding what you have. It definitely makes it clearer.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornadoredcabby (Post 9713982)
Stacking like this is BS and will lead to the eventual death of CVS deals :(

I'll never argue with that...in fact, I agree, but have a question for you.
What exactly does your stores allow? just curious

slayers750 01-12-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9714005)
I never did get an answer on this.

Sorry, it looks like the original statement is vague regarding the initial usage of this coupon.

The code 41819 is for $3 dollars off a $10 purchase of Lumene.

I am assuming the original $5 dollar off one had the same code AND it was a Lumene coupon. If both are true, then the 2nd coupon should of beeped and could only go through if the cashier decided to force that coupon through the system.

This may of happened because the the original person asking the question did have a $25 Lumene purchase which covers the minimum threshold of both coupons.

This is based on assuming both coupons were for Lumene and had the same code.

The person who with the original statement will need to provide more info so we could really see what went one.

(This is perfect example of a legit question for this thread -- and seeing why something happened).

UsedtoBeHidn 01-12-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9714106)
I'll never argue with that...in fact, I agree, but have a question for you.
What exactly does your stores allow? just curious

Just want to make a suggestion... I think we should all stop talking about what our own personal stores allow and make it more of a "Talk to your own store to see what they allow". IMHO anything else should be discussed VIA PM as the wiki has covered this topic.

I would hate for a disscussion on how my one store applies coupons to turn into a missunderstood ethical debate regarding stacking. Plus the Wiki clearly covers the types of coupon usuage that is common.

Tornadoredcabby 01-12-2008 04:40 PM

My stores have never shot me down! I stack sometimes, but never with 8 coupns on a $75 order, though I'm sure I could.

hawaiiandawn 01-12-2008 04:58 PM

:clap: Thanks Slayers!!! I posted this in the Lounge but thought I might share it here:

For those needing diapers:

There were two P&G coupons the last insert that came out. One was for $2 off the Easy Ups or Feel N' Learn Pampers themselves. The other is for any "FREE Kandoo product WYB any Easy Ups or Feel N' Learn Jumbo Pack or Larger."

Essentially, I think you can buy both items and use both of these coupons in a purchase. The second coupon uses the Pampers as a qualifier for the Free Kandoo but doesn't discount the Pampers a second time. SO if you buy both products, you should be able to use both coupons.

Example:

Pampers Cruisers $10.99
Kandoo Wipes $4.49
Pre-tax Total $15.48

Subtract one printable $5 off $15=$10.48
Subtract one Manu. q for the Cruisers for $2 =$8.48
Subtract one manu. q for the free Kandoo wipes for your cost. Mine was 4.49 =$3.99 total OOP for diapers and wipes!!! Deal is sweeter of course if you have ECB's or can use a $2 off $10 too. :)

SigourneyBeaver 01-12-2008 05:00 PM

Do people honestly think "super-stacking" is fair? Just because you get away with it doesn't make it right or reasonable. Personally I think it's tantamount to shoplifting. Some people unfortunately get away with that too.

hawaiiandawn 01-12-2008 05:03 PM

My store welcomes superstacking. They are trying to get their sales up so that another CVS might be possible in our area soon. I have talked with the store's manager and play by her rules. :)

Certainly not stealing.

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidnprncss (Post 9714148)
Just want to make a suggestion... I think we should all stop talking about what our own personal stores allow and make it more of a "Talk to your own store to see what they allow". IMHO anything else should be discussed VIA PM as the wiki has covered this topic.

I would hate for a disscussion on how my one store applies coupons to turn into a missunderstood ethical debate regarding stacking. Plus the Wiki clearly covers the types of coupon usuage that is common.

I only asked this to kind of prove the YMMV scene to noobs.

No harm intended.

I know what my stores allow and I am very lucky to have nice mgrs. that I have a good relationship with. I respect them and they respect me.

Agreed, each person should talk to their store mrg. to find out what is or is not allowed.

slayers750 01-12-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiiandawn (Post 9714360)
:clap: Thanks Slayers!!! I posted this in the Lounge but thought I might share it here:

For those needing diapers:

There were two P&G coupons the last insert that came out. One was for $2 off the Easy Ups or Feel N' Learn Pampers themselves. The other is for any "FREE Kandoo product WYB any Easy Ups or Feel N' Learn Jumbo Pack or Larger."

Essentially, I think you can buy both items and use both of these coupons in a purchase. The second coupon uses the Pampers as a qualifier for the Free Kandoo but doesn't discount the Pampers a second time. SO if you buy both products, you should be able to use both coupons.

Example:

Pampers Cruisers $10.99
Kandoo Wipes $4.49
Pre-tax Total $15.48

Subtract one printable $5 off $15=$10.48
Subtract one Manu. q for the Cruisers for $2 =$8.48
Subtract one manu. q for the free Kandoo wipes for your cost. Mine was 4.49 =$3.99 total OOP for diapers and wipes!!! Deal is sweeter of course if you have ECB's or can use a $2 off $10 too. :)

Thank you HawaiianDawn for this!! This will help a lot of people who are looking for and/or trying to see the best scenario for the Pampers coupons!

UsedtoBeHidn 01-12-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9714425)
I only asked this to kind of prove the YMMV scene to noobs.

No harm intended.

I know what my stores allow and I am very lucky to have nice mgrs. that I have a good relationship with. I respect them and they respect me.

Agreed, each person should talk to their store mrg. to find out what is or is not allowed.

I understand completely....
Personally I have many stores within a very short distance and lots of different policies within those stores. If people heard the super success I have at one store compared to another then I might give some people unethical thoughts. Glad we are all on the same pages here :heart:

WBBell 01-12-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachyum (Post 9714007)
I think we all appreciate very much what you've added here. It's hard to decipher if it's just that certain people don't want people stacking because that means they themselves won't be able to get away with it, or if it was a corporate mandate, etc., etc. Thank you for adding what you have. It definitely makes it clearer.

Let me try to give you the readers digest version of where we are today. Up until about November of last year, we had a few CVS threads on Hot Deals for each week of deals, and everyone got on there and analyzed, deconstructed, and discussed everything associated with that week. And yes, it was sort of cliquish (IMO! Don't PM me!). Then about Thanksgiving, CVS came out with the great Energizer coupon. It got its own thread. It had everything you needed in the wiki - and it did not require any "long term committment" as you did with the regular CVS ECB rolling. Get a pack of energizer batteries for 32 cents. Period. And people printed the coupon - over and over and over. Some claim to have used it hundreds of times.

I think a lot of the long time CVSers felt that this was the moment when the cat was let out of the bag, and the weird world of CVS became accessible to everyone. And certainly, the bean counters at corporate noticed the coupon being used 100,000's of times. Soon after, lots of individual deals started getting posted on Hot Deals. Around about the same time, some folks started discovering the concept of "super stacking". This practice had been acknowledged but usually not condoned in the old weekly threads, but now folks are posting all kinds of threads that required the super stacking and talking about how to coerce your cashier into doing it, and emailing corporate if they didn't do it, and so on.

What I think you see here is fear from the old-timers that CVS is going to take steps to reduce or shut down aspects of its couponing that contribute to the great deals. I would even go so far to speculate that this weekend's round of $/$$ coupons was a test to see what kind of usage they received. I don't ever recall a period of time where so many different $/$$ coupons have been available.

So, is it officially against the rules to super-stack? Yes. Do some stores allow it anyway? Yes. Do cashiers get in trouble for allowing super-stacking? It has been reported that they do, but we would never know. Is it wrong to super-stack? This can be debated endlessly (and certainly has been on this board) and there really is no right answer. Only your conscience can answer that question.

My personal opinion is that if you can find a store that allows it, then more power to you. My stores around here don't. If I had the ability to do it, I probably would.

The intent of CVS is clear. They didn't intend for folks to use 10 or 15 of these Q's all at once. No retailer with a shred of sense will give you 70 dollars worth of merch for free. It just doesn't make sense.

BeaglesDoItBetter 01-12-2008 06:54 PM

here is my 2 cents on the stacking issue...
i have a very coupon friendly store. i have been regularly going there since March of last year. The store takes expired coupons, expired ECB's, will push things through on occasion, etc. Most of the cashiers are friendly, and know me well. I have been "welcomed" more times then I can count.
In the beginning of my CVS-ing I stacked coupons. A lot. I'd have a $50 order and use 2 $10/50 (a CRT and an internet printout); a $5/30, a $4/20, a $2/10--- $26 of a $50 order. My cashier(s) were always nice and always took them. Until one day. The cashier I really like told me that corporate saw what was happening. They sent down a memo, which went to the district manager, which went to the store manager. She got a warning. Someone else was fired (not b/c of me... there were several other reasons and other coupon abuse).
So yes. Some stores may allow this. Some stores may even "encourage" it for a time. But in the long run, it is not good business, and common sense says that a store can not afford to give away $26 on a $50 order. So, if you do this, you may be able to do it for weeks, months, etc. But eventually, someone somewhere will likely put a stop to it. And along the way, you may very well get someone in trouble. Or, eventually, not be welcome at a certain CVS because you are known as the person who got warnings handed out with your coupon use.
In addition, there is the concept of the "sd-affect." In the beginning, perhaps a few people took advantage of stacking. Now, it is public knowledge everywhere, on SD, on other forums, etc. More and more people are starting to do it. Just like with a price mistake, if one person orders 1 the company is a lot more likely to allow it than if 100 people order 100, etc.
So, while everyone has to do what they are personally comfortable with, corporate or people reviewing receipts are a lot more likely to take notice of an order with $26 in coupons off of $50 then, say, 5 separate orders using the same "welcome" coupon (since the specific type of coupon doesn't show on the receipt anyway) and they are a lot more likely to put a stop to large orders which use a lot of the same coupon than to small repeated orders which take $4 off here or there, allowing them to still make money on the transaction.

cnct_agl 01-12-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Like other posters (ex. slayers750, skibumintahoe, Zilly, and WBBell) have already said, super-stacking (such as post 15 suggests) is not corporate wide. Some cvs's, and some corporate emails, consider it fraud. Whether or not super-stacking is fraud, considering that some stores encourage it, seems to be more of a podium topic.

So, I would vote "yes" as to removing the posts.. perhaps into a new podium thread ;)

UsedtoBeHidn 01-12-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnct_agl (Post 9715469)
Like other posters (ex. slayers750, skibumintahoe, Zilly, and WBBell) have already said, super-stacking (such as post 15 suggests) is not corporate wide. Some cvs's, and some corporate emails, consider it fraud. Whether or not super-stacking is fraud, considering that some stores encourage it, seems to be more of a podium topic.

So, I would vote "yes" as to removing the posts.. perhaps into a new podium thread ;)

Wonderfully Put :worship:

SRM 01-12-2008 07:06 PM

As someone relatively new to SD, but not to couponing or CVS'ing, here is MY opinion on how this thread should be handled by the Mods. FWIW. ;)

The MODS should decide what THEY feel is appropriate as far as stacking is concerned and put that in the Wiki. If people choose to use the CVS coupons in any other way, that is up to them but POSTING or discussing it HERE is against the forum rules.

That's my .02. :)

mu4120 01-12-2008 07:14 PM

I have to ask, these newest coupons that expire tomorrow (1/13/08) - has anyone actually received an email with the links to these coupons??? I have been using them this week with no problems, but just realized tonight I never actually got an email from CVS with these coupons and I normally get their emails. Thanks!

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mu4120 (Post 9715680)
I have to ask, these newest coupons that expire tomorrow (1/13/08) - has anyone actually received an email with the links to these coupons??? I have been using them this week with no problems, but just realized tonight I never actually got an email from CVS with these coupons and I normally get their emails. Thanks!

I did receive an email from CVS with the $2/10 and various others

UsedtoBeHidn 01-12-2008 07:26 PM

I am pretty certain that the coupons were confirmed as released.

FC08 01-12-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

I got the 4 off 20 emailed to me from CVS

cubsgirl23 01-12-2008 08:43 PM

So, is it officially against the rules to super-stack? Yes
wow, stacking, super stacking, super-duper stacking...you say it is I have talked to managers, shift supervisors, etc. not just because I don't want to get in trouble but because I want to know if it's right - if it isn't, it's stealing from CVS and I just don't want that on my conscience. So, you say officially - where are you getting that from? Is that just for super stacking? I used to have no one ever question a coupon and now suddenly, 3 or 4 in one week and one even said only one coupon per trans. period. If it is wrong and people are abusing it, why won't CVS release a public policy change across the board or just a policy clarification. I mean, tonight, I used tons of ECB's (that were expiring) and then on top spent about $25.00 - I stacked a bit - but no anything like #15. Is a 2/10 and a 2/10 CVS brand purchase together considered stacking? There was some talk earlier about a coupon (5/15) being fraudulent because someone copied it or something and then posted - how the heck are we supposed to know? This is serious and people should be careful. I want awesome deals but I also don't want to be on the news....you know???

lasthopes 01-12-2008 09:09 PM

I have to make a comment....there are so many CVS threads, it's making my brain hurt. The main coupon thread, the weekly ad threads, the coupon discussion thread, the weekly ad discussion thread, the ecb and stuff thread....I'm almost to the point where the enjoyment of checking in is gone....too many directions, too confusing.

FoleyF 01-12-2008 09:09 PM

Just as an FYI......I was at my local CVS today and handed the cashier over a laser printed B&W coupon for $2/10 I believe........She told me that they "got a note from Corporate" today and they are no longer allowed to accept B&W coupons.......I told her I don't have a color printer.....she said "it doesn't matter - corporates orders".......She ended up taking this coupon, but said this is the last one she is taking.......Thoughts? Anyone else have trouble using printed coupons today?

Thanks!

anjilynn 01-12-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

I have to ask, these newest coupons that expire tomorrow (1/13/08) - has anyone actually received an email with the links to these coupons??? Thanks!

Both my daughter and I were emailed the 5/30.

UsedtoBeHidn 01-12-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiiandawn (Post 9717195)
Well said my dear Peach. :)

I just think the best thing right now is to not discuss stacking as it has been reported that CVS has confirmed it is not their policy.

The Wiki clearly covers the information on what stacking is and different scenarios and whatnot. I dont see how further discussion on stacking is going to not fuel ethics or OT debates.

It might be something for the BS thread or another lounge thread but should not be cluttering up the regular deal or coupon threads as no good can come from it.
That is just my personal opinion.
Which may be worthless but I just think it will help everyone more forward in a more positive manner faster is stacking talk is considered an unmentionable.

brickie 01-12-2008 11:04 PM

Actually at one of the stores I frequent I was told as well that no more black and white coupons would be accepted..Never printed this way anyway.Funny thing is i'm allowed to super stack at this store!!!

I can confirm the CVS on Rt 59 across from American Sales, in Aurora,IL will not let you stack.Neither will The one on Eola and new york ave in Aurora.

brickie

inmomx3 01-12-2008 11:24 PM

Was at a store tonight that I don't normally go to (but have been able to super-stack there before). Asked about coupon usage before putting together orders, and cashier asked to see what I had - showed her a couple coupons and she said I could only use one per order but since they said one per customer that hubby, daughter (16yo) and I could each do an order (different coupons for each of us). Okay, no biggie, put together small dollar orders and used one $/$$ coupon per order (plus a Breeze coupon).

Sent DH to the register while I finished up, walk up there a couple minutes later and he's just looking at the cashier and another lady (shift supervisor???, not sure, no tag). Ask what is wrong, and he says they won't take the coupon because it's not printed in color.

At this point, I got a bit upset, because it was the exact coupon I had shown the lady upon walking into the store and she told me I could use it, AND it said right on the coupon that it was fine to use whether printed in B/W or color. Told DH and daughter to leave all our stuff there, I asked the cashiers for their names, the name of the store manager, district manager, store number, etc so that I could call corporate on Monday. I normally do not get like that at all, but I was pretty ticked that she was trying to deny usage of the exact coupon I'd shown her 15 minutes earlier.

Once she realized that I was definitely willing to make a phone call (not to get either lady in particular in trouble, just to express my displeasure with the whole color printout idea and clarification on whether it was right or wrong), she relented and said she'd take them, but it was aggravating to say the least - mainly because I specifically asked when I got there.

Ironically, another store 10 minutes away was perfectly happy to let me stack and let daughter and I use the same coupons on separate orders for each of us just an hour earlier. Too bad all the "nice" stores are at least a 45 minute drive for me! LOL

MyFeetHurt 01-12-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmomx3 (Post 9718113)
Was at a store tonight that I don't normally go to (but have been able to super-stack there before). Asked about coupon usage before putting together orders, and cashier asked to see what I had - showed her a couple coupons and she said I could only use one per order but since they said one per customer that hubby, daughter (16yo) and I could each do an order (different coupons for each of us). Okay, no biggie, put together small dollar orders and used one $/$$ coupon per order (plus a Breeze coupon).

Sent DH to the register while I finished up, walk up there a couple minutes later and he's just looking at the cashier and another lady (shift supervisor???, not sure, no tag). Ask what is wrong, and he says they won't take the coupon because it's not printed in color.

At this point, I got a bit upset, because it was the exact coupon I had shown the lady upon walking into the store and she told me I could use it, AND it said right on the coupon that it was fine to use whether printed in B/W or color. Told DH and daughter to leave all our stuff there, I asked the cashiers for their names, the name of the store manager, district manager, store number, etc so that I could call corporate on Monday. I normally do not get like that at all, but I was pretty ticked that she was trying to deny usage of the exact coupon I'd shown her 15 minutes earlier.

Once she realized that I was definitely willing to make a phone call (not to get either lady in particular in trouble, just to express my displeasure with the whole color printout idea and clarification on whether it was right or wrong), she relented and said she'd take them, but it was aggravating to say the least - mainly because I specifically asked when I got there.

Ironically, another store 10 minutes away was perfectly happy to let me stack and let daughter and I use the same coupons on separate orders for each of us just an hour earlier. Too bad all the "nice" stores are at least a 45 minute drive for me! LOL

That's why it's always said it's YMMV

skibumintahoe 01-13-2008 12:26 AM

Removed at request of Slayers.

MyFeetHurt 01-13-2008 12:36 AM

deleted

skibumintahoe 01-13-2008 12:46 AM

Removed at request of Slayers.

slayers750 01-13-2008 12:50 AM

Thanks for all of the good feedback and discussion here tonight. Everyone here deserves a :grouphug:

kornkitten 01-13-2008 01:08 AM

The CVS I go to around the corner, the manager has said only one X/XX coupon per transaction. I am fine with this. I just maximize my manufacturer's coupons.

Example.

Viactive is part of the Johnson and Johnson purchase 20$ get 10 ecb deal

Here was one of my orders

Viactive flavor glides (7.00 at my store)
----------
total is 21.00
Use a 5/15
total is 16.00
-3.00 (3 q for 3.00 off viactive flavor glides - were in the 1/6/08 paper)
----------------------------------
Total is now 7.00 (You can choose to roll your ECB'S or pay oop)
You get 10 ecb's back

I hope this helps someone else.

MyFeetHurt 01-13-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kornkitten (Post 9718571)
The CVS I go to around the corner, the manager has said only one X/XX coupon per transaction. I am fine with this. I just maximize my manufacturer's coupons.

Example.

Here was one of my orders

Viactive flavor glides (7.00 at my store)
----------
total is 21.00
Use a 5/15
total is 16.00
-3.00 (3 q for 3.00 off viactive flavor glides - were in the 1/6/08 paper)
----------------------------------
Total is now 7.00 (You can choose to roll your ECB'S or pay oop)
You get 10 ecb's back

I think that is a very good scenario, and smart.

g'night all, enjoyed

anjilynn 01-13-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kornkitten (Post 9718571)

Thank you - it does. I haven't been keeping up with CVS and I didn't realize Viactiv was included. (I bribed myself with Butter Pecan ice cream if I stayed out of CVS this weekend..I think it was worth it!!)
I am looking at an almost empty bottle of Vanilla Viactiv right now and I think I have only 2 or 3 bottles left. I know it sounds like alot, but it really isn't - I go thru it quickly.

I am going to take the chance that the mods agree that your letting me know about Calcium is worthy of a rep from me :woot:
After all, mods - kornkitten is helping save my bones!!

gotkwah 01-13-2008 07:46 AM

I am currently in Queens, NY looking for a coupon friendly CVS. i am not usually here, but i need to find one that will accept ECB that expired yesterday. Any help would be MUCH appreciated(and of course repped x4)

Thanks!

JeepShot 01-13-2008 08:04 AM

Using expireds is NOT abuse if the corp office allows it. I beleive they allow it because they work for two weeks after the date. I do my best to NOT use them. I ACCIDENTLY used one a few months ago. The cashier told me if it is a CVS coupon they will still take it even if it is expired. They will not take expired manufacture coupons to the best of my knowledge - I've never tried. Rather than preaching your opinion as truth I suggest someone send a note to corp and ask what the policy is about expired coupons.

This is one of the areas that turns people off from posting here.

shan820 01-13-2008 09:07 AM

Question about expirations

Hi. I am new to the exciting world of CVS-ing and I have a question about expiration dates. I know some stores accept expired coupons and some do not. But my question is, if the expiration date for a $/$$ coupon is set to 01/13/08 does that mean it IS valid on that date or no longer valid on that date (technically).

Thanks!

skibumintahoe 01-13-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan820 (Post 9720315)
Hi. I am new to the exciting world of CVS-ing and I have a question about expiration dates. I know some stores accept expired coupons and some do not. But my question is, if the expiration date for a $/$$ coupon is set to 01/13/08 does that mean it IS valid on that date or no longer valid on that date (technically).

Thanks!

I have taken it to mean it expires at 23:59:59 on 1/13/2008.

gotkwah 01-13-2008 09:15 AM

can someone inform me on which coupons are actually expired, beep and dont go through. such as the 2/10's from the diabetes, energizer, johnsons, and the recent 15/75/ 10/50 and such.

thank you

mu4120 01-13-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan820 (Post 9720315)

Thanks!

It means that technically the last day you can use it IS on 1/13/08 - it will fully expire on 1/14/08 even though it will still scan and work in their system for two weeks after that date. Luckily two of the stores I frequent will take expired ones for as long as they scan. That is their policy, so yes I use it. :D

physicscx2 01-13-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotkwah (Post 9720412)
can someone inform me on which coupons are actually expired, beep and dont go through. such as the 2/10's from the diabetes, energizer, johnsons, and the recent 15/75/ 10/50 and such.

thank you

just add 2 weeks to the expiration date...

amyc2000 01-13-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedNewShoes (Post 9719841)
Using expireds is NOT abuse if the corp office allows it. I beleive they allow it because they work for two weeks after the date. I do my best to NOT use them. I ACCIDENTLY used one a few months ago. The cashier told me if it is a CVS coupon they will still take it even if it is expired. They will not take expired manufacture coupons to the best of my knowledge - I've never tried. Rather than preaching your opinion as truth I suggest someone send a note to corp and ask what the policy is about expired coupons.

This is one of the areas that turns people off from posting here.

I have to agree... I am fortunate to have found the best CVS!
Example: I was purchasing items for the pepsi deal and the woman checking me out asked if I had any coupons (do I have coupons! :drool:) and asked me to hand her my stash of ECB's and CRT's I was holding. Before I knew it, she grabbed them and started going through them and scanning them. Of course I freaked... until I realized she was scanning all my CRT's for items like Tums, Kotex, Playskool, ect. She never scanned an actual dollar amount. :woot: I was so shocked I really didn't know what to say except "thank you and goodnight."

Sorry... most of those CRT's were expired and at the back of my stash.

lasthopes 01-13-2008 09:42 AM

Ok, technical question: the mfg Q's sites like eversave and ss have a coupon printer thingey, and I have tryed playing with my active x controls clicking things on and off and such, and I just can't seem to get the thing downloaded, after clicking activate nothing happens....has anyone else had this problem and conquered it? I am missing out on a bunch of coupons!

skibumintahoe 01-13-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasthopes (Post 9720670)
Ok, technical question: the mfg Q's sites like eversave and ss have a coupon printer thingey, and I have tryed playing with my active x controls clicking things on and off and such, and I just can't seem to get the thing downloaded, after clicking activate nothing happens....has anyone else had this problem and conquered it? I am missing out on a bunch of coupons!

there are many, many reasons why it won't work... and most of those are covered in the other areas of this site (search/hunt for it).

The basic problem is most AV/Firewall software blocks the install.

lasthopes 01-13-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibumintahoe (Post 9720715)
there are many, many reasons why it won't work... and most of those are covered in the other areas of this site (search/hunt for it).

The basic problem is most AV/Firewall software blocks the install.

Yeah, I have read thru that stuff, and I don't know if I'm not understanding something, missing something, or what. I don't have any firewalls or anything and this is just my basic home computer....

ilikemodsalot 01-13-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotkwah (Post 9720412)

thank you

the consensus seems to be that the printables that have been emailed last two weeks past their expiration date before they beep.

the $2/10's for flu, diabetes and medicare could possibly be the same, but as most of my stores still have these out on the rack by the pharmacy, I personally will continue to use them until they take them down, as well as any other coupons I find in the store I am shopping at, whether that means CVS or elsewhere that are expired, they need to remove them if they don't wish for them to be used.

that's my take, I am certain others will share theirs as well.;)

ilikemodsalot 01-13-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mu4120 (Post 9715642)

these have been confirmed as being received by quite a few here. :smile:

tengo 01-13-2008 10:34 AM

Ok guys, I haven't necessarily read everything before this post, but I just want to give out a tip I wish I would have taken advantage of (on using your coupons, of course.)

the OneTouch Ultra's were on sale for 19.99 this week with a rebate... AND there was also a coupon in the sunday paper last week for $20 off.

Whenever you have a coupon like that, use it after your other ones.

Example on how it should be done:

OneTouch Ultra 19.99
Doublemint Gum 1.19
Doublemint Gum 1.19
Doublemint Gum 1.19
Doublemint Gum 1.19
Doublemint Gum 1.19

SUBTOTAL about $26.00

IF you use your $20off first, you can't use a 5/15 or 4/20 after...

which means...

USE your 5/15 first, bringing it to 21.00
THEN use your 20$ off, bringing it to $1.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways, a side question: does your CVS you frequent automatically scan a courtesy card if you tell them you don't have one? I like it when they take off my coupons and then scan my card after (which usually gives me a negative where I need to put alot of fillers.)

luvthedeals 01-13-2008 10:37 AM

I hope this is the right place to ask this question--I am going to be getting a few prescriptions the end of this month, so I was checking out ebay for the new/transfer $25 coupon, and found a listing with 4x $25 coupons. I inquired to make sure they were real coupons and she told me that they are coupons she got in her email. They are white with a blue border and they expire 6/30/08. I checked the CVS coupon thread and didn't see this one posted. Has anyone else got this in their email (side note- I find it so misleading that she would be selling these, does anyone else?) Doesn't this mean this person could just print hundreds of them and sell them?

Thanks for any input!~

ilikemodsalot 01-13-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvthedeals (Post 9721177)
I hope this is the right place to ask this question--I am going to be getting a few prescriptions the end of this month, so I was checking out ebay for the new/transfer $25 coupon, and found a listing with 4x $25 coupons. I inquired to make sure they were real coupons and she told me that they are coupons she got in her email. They are white with a blue border and they expire 6/30/08. I checked the CVS coupon thread and didn't see this one posted. Has anyone else got this in their email (side note- I find it so misleading that she would be selling these, does anyone else?) Doesn't this mean this person could just print hundreds of them and sell them?

Thanks for any input!~

If you have a Rite Aid near your CVS, Rite Aid has a $30 coupon for transfers in their weekly ad (instore) which also has two $5 bonuses for your next two refills, so $40 total.

not a CVS q, but can be used at most, if RiteAid is near.;)

cinnamon sugah 01-13-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvthedeals (Post 9721177)

Thanks for any input!~

Several folks have reported that they called 1-800-SHOPCVS and had coupons mailed to them. From what I understood, they were not emailed. HTH

WhiteElephant 01-13-2008 11:03 AM

Kotex pantiliner 3pk bundle 3.99- 1MQ- 2ECB= .99
Glade spray .99 B1G1 MQ

ilikemodsalot 01-13-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoneinax (Post 9721293)
For the SCOer's out there, last to "Super Duper Stack" these before they expire and use would be considered abuse. I suggest to memorize the codes and the order in which they must be typed in.

I've been trying hard to comprehend your posts and/or intentions, but am as confused as ever, are you advocating using all of these coupons at the SCO in one order or are you saying that would be abuse.

either way, why post this so many times?;)

I don't mean to be rude at all, but am completely befuddled. You seem to be saying that it's fine to use all of them, as long as they are not expired, but to do so at SCO, so as not to worry about whether the store is ok with it or not?

thanks, hope I haven't mis characterized.

marciadel 01-13-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayers750 (Post 9713431)
Many people are always talking about --

"What can I use my $4/20 diet products CRT for?"
"Can I use a manufacturer's coupon xyz on on a variation of product xyz without beeping?"
"Can I use 2 manufacturer's coupons with a CVS B1G1 sale?"
"What do I do if the cashier doesn't take ECB xyz or manufacturer's coupon abc?"
"Is (product xyz) considered valid for using a $4/20 CRT that mean product abc but may be interpreted also to also cover product xyz?"
"I am encountering a problem with CVS coupon xyz -- which causes all of my ECB's to not be accept above a certain amount"
"I have CVS coupon that I found at store 1234 -- please look for it in a certain department"
"I have special CVS coupons that are only good in region xyz"
"Anybody know if they heard from a DM or store manager if coupon policy as changed"
"I am worried about new tracking software that limits all CVS coupons, is this true"

All of the above are valid questions regarding coupons.

These are issues that don't fit into the weekly discussion because they aren't questions regarding the weekly ad.

Thats right, slayers. Sometimes you just cant think of a question, explanation or an example until it actually comes up. Thats why the phrase, "Gee, I never thought of that!" was invented.:bulb:

THis One per customer on the Diabetes book coupons, make me nuts. ALL the coupons from that book say that. I think they just add 'exceptions' to coupons and deals to try to cover all things, and it just confuses the workers. Only one of each coupon will go thru per transaction. Sometimes even one doesn't, so its frustrating.
m

Davii4smom 01-13-2008 01:16 PM

Wow! After reading most of the posts I'm thoroughly confused as to whether or not this really IS a good spot to bring this up but... In hot deals there was a $30 printable Rite Aid pharmacy transfer q http://www.riteaid.com/www.riteai...pn0108.pdf

syyy 01-13-2008 01:37 PM

The 10 off 50 CVS coupon(exp.01/06/08) still can be used today. I used today, no beep.

MyFeetHurt 01-13-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treyjaylee (Post 9722769)
Wow! After reading most of the posts I'm thoroughly confused as to whether or not this really IS a good spot to bring this up but... In hot deals there was a $30 printable Rite Aid pharmacy transfer q http://www.riteaid.com/www.riteai...pn0108.pdf

this is exactly the place to bring it up!!!
Thanks, not that I can use it, but sure others may be able to

amarisma 01-13-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamon sugah (Post 9721317)
Several folks have reported that they called 1-800-SHOPCVS and had coupons mailed to them. From what I understood, they were not emailed. HTH

I just emailed Customer Service inquiring about prescription coupons last week. Here is their response to me. If you have a Rite Aid in your area, you may want to grab some of the weekly flyers. There was a $30 prescription transfer coupon in our today's paper.

Thank you for taking the time to contact CVS/pharmacy. Unfortunately, we
are no longer providing pharmacy coupons from the Customer Relations
Department. From time to time, we will still be offering this promotion
through direct mailers and special coupon offers in the weekly sales
flyers.

Also, if you have your e-mail address registered to your CVS ExtraCare
card, we also periodically offer this promotion through e-mails we send
to our cardholders.

UsedtoBeHidn 01-13-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amarisma (Post 9723475)
I just emailed Customer Service inquiring about prescription coupons last week. Here is their response to me. If you have a Rite Aid in your area, you may want to grab some of the weekly flyers. There was a $30 prescription transfer coupon in our today's paper.

Thank you for taking the time to contact CVS/pharmacy. Unfortunately, we
are no longer providing pharmacy coupons from the Customer Relations
Department. From time to time, we will still be offering this promotion
through direct mailers and special coupon offers in the weekly sales
flyers.

Also, if you have your e-mail address registered to your CVS ExtraCare
card, we also periodically offer this promotion through e-mails we send
to our cardholders.

Thank you for the info regarding the mailing of script coupons.

princessmomof2 01-13-2008 02:37 PM

Well.... I have read all 9 pages of this thread, and I am truly at a loss for words. I just started CVS'ing with the Energizer deals and all of my transactions would be for $20-something dollars and use 1 4/20, 1 5/15 and one 2/10. My store had no problems with that. I was and am an avid SD'er and would read about "super stacking", but never really understood it, and I was totally and completely satisfied and happy with the deals that I was getting using my method. However, it was my friendly CVS employees that told me about another "coupon lady" that shops in our store that I should get with, because she has "different codes". So that was really the first time that I thought to use the "super stacking method. This was right around the time that the 15/75 coupons and the 10/50 q's came out. Now I use these q's at the suggestion of my store, along with the 5/30 that was emailed to me by CVS, and a couple of 4/20 q's with different codes. The staff is so amazed by this that 3 of them have now started couponing. One of which is the store manager!!

I really hate that some people on here feel the need to question others morality and make them feel bad for only doing what a store allows and is their stores policy. There are other stores in my city that do NOT allow this type of stacking so you know what.... I don't do it! I agree that this is YMMV but please don't make people feel as if they are doing something wrong or illegal by maximizing savings by doing what their particular store encourages or allows.

One final comment. One shift supervisor at my store told me that their district manager encourgages them to take all the coupons that scans expired or not, because it is GOOD for business. He said that it keeps the customers from going to the competition and keeps them shopping in their store. I thought about that statement, because I too, questioned how CVS could stay in business by selling $75 worth of merchandise for $3. But I know one thing.... I have not set foot in CVS's competition since the Energizer deals which I started on December 9th. I go to them for everything except for groceries. While my OOP is minimal, at most $3 and some change. I go there daily and it adds up. I am not an employee of CVS so I don't know what exactly they look for at the end of the month IE profits, amount of merchandise, etc. But I do assume that CVS corporate are not stupid, and could easily make it where you were able to only print off ONE copy of their emailed coupons. Lots of other sites and companies do this.

UsedtoBeHidn 01-13-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmomof2 (Post 9723564)
Well.... I have read all 9 pages of this thread, and I am truly at a loss for words. I just started CVS'ing with the Energizer deals and all of my transactions would be for $20-something dollars and use 1 4/20, 1 5/15 and one 2/10. My store had no problems with that. I was and am an avid SD'er and would read about "super stacking", but never really understood it, and I was totally and completely satisfied and happy with the deals that I was getting using my method. However, it was my friendly CVS employees that told me about another "coupon lady" that shops in our store that I should get with, because she has "different codes". So that was really the first time that I thought to use the "super stacking method. This was right around the time that the 15/75 coupons and the 10/50 q's came out. Now I use these q's at the suggestion of my store, along with the 5/30 that was emailed to me by CVS, and a couple of 4/20 q's with different codes. The staff is so amazed by this that 3 of them have now started couponing. One of which is the store manager!!

I really hate that some people on here feel the need to question others morality and make them feel bad for only doing what a store allows and is their stores policy. There are other stores in my city that do NOT allow this type of stacking so you know what.... I don't do it! I agree that this is YMMV but please don't make people feel as if they are doing something wrong or illegal by maximizing savings by doing what their particular store encourages or allows.

One final comment. One shift supervisor at my store told me that their district manager encourgages them to take all the coupons that scans expired or not, because it is GOOD for business. He said that it keeps the customers from going to the competition and keeps them shopping in their store. I thought about that statement, because I too, questioned how CVS could stay in business by selling $75 worth of merchandise for $3. But I know one thing.... I have not set foot in CVS's competition since the Energizer deals which I started on December 9th. I go to them for everything except for groceries. While my OOP is minimal, at most $3 and some change. I go there daily and it adds up. I am not an employee of CVS so I don't know what exactly they look for at the end of the month IE profits, amount of merchandise, etc. But I do assume that CVS corporate are not stupid, and could easily make it where you were able to only print off ONE copy of their emailed coupons. Lots of other sites and companies do this.

I understand your point of view and agree with it however...
Stacking is covered in the WIKI and each stores individual policy should be handled with the store itself and not discussed in the coupon thread (IMHO)
Only in the effort of trying to make things progress into something more balanced and friendly towards all.

Regardless of our points of view on stacking I am sure we can all agree that noone likes to be accused of something fraudulant or immoral. Since everyone has different opinions on what that line is and who is crossing it and who isnt then it is logical step IMHO to either refrain from or save those sorts of discussions for the lounge threads.

Everyone should agree to disagree but just maybe agree on the proper time and place for those types of discussions.

ilikemodsalot 01-13-2008 02:50 PM

Here's my opinion, since we're all allowed one, whether it's worth anything or not....

IMO, it benefits CVS at this juncture to not have too tight of a coupon policy

let me explain my point of view.

When they allow people to come in and use mfg. q's on products that they might not necessarily be purchasing at that time, I believe that they still are reimbursed.

When they send out email coupons, they have already estimated how many of them will be used, if the amount that are actually used is in line with their marketing plans, then all is good with the world and they continue to send them out, if not, they modify their plan accordingly.

If they were to crack down too much by having a super strict coupon policy, they would lose out on their main marketing goal, which in my opinion is to have customers bring them as many mfg. q's as possible every day. This generates volume, as well as a nominal fee on each coupon they are reimbursed for. There are obviously many other reason for their encouraging the use of coupons and many of them have been discussed here ad infinitum.

People like the people on this board are in the minority. they may or may not desire for us to do what we do, but IMO they put up with it because it generates more business and more publicity for them when we tell friends, family, neighbors, etc. what good deals we get there.

Just my opinion, but they are not a stupid corporation, they are very well versed in marketing and are implementing their plan quite well. Take a look at their stock compared to the other drug stores.

When their sales goals and profit margins are impacted enough by what we are doing, then they will modify their program accordingly.

That was the macro scale version of my opinion.

On a micro scale, we should all be aware that what we are doing can and does have an impact on the other shoppers, employees, managers, etc. of our local stores and should mitigate our need for greed accordingly so as to perpetuate the madness as long as possible.

skibumintahoe 01-13-2008 02:56 PM

All I'm trying to say is that if your store allows it, GREAT!

If it doesn't.. DON'T BE AN ASS and start to raise a ruckus, threaten to call corporate, file lawsuits, bring in the FTC, arrange for Dick Cheney to take the DM quail hunting, have George Bush declare CVS/pharmacy a terror organization.... you get the picture.

STACK = GREAT! THANK YOU! TIP YOUR CASHIERS! BUY SAUZA HORNITOS WITH YOUR ECBS! BONFIRE IN PARKING LOT! WHOOOT WHOOOT!

NO STACK = DONT BE A SCHMUCK [wikipedia.org]. Finish your transaction and adjust tactics for that store for future trips. There are still PLENTY of deals that do not warrant the need for super-duper-rip-off-cvs-stacking.

UsedtoBeHidn 01-13-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemodsalot (Post 9723697)
Here's my opinion, since we're all allowed one, whether it's worth anything or not....

When they allow people to come in and use mfg. q's on products that they might not necessarily be purchasing at that time, I believe that they still are reimbursed.

When they send out email coupons, they have already estimated how many of them will be used, if the amount that are actually used is in line with their marketing plans, then all is good with the world and they continue to send them out, if not, they modify their plan accordingly.

If they were to crack down too much by having a super strict coupon policy, they would lose out on their main marketing goal, which in my opinion is to have customers bring them as many mfg. q's as possible every day. This generates volume, as well as a nominal fee on each coupon they are reimbursed for. There are obviously many other reason for their encouraging the use of coupons and many of them have been discussed here ad infinitum.

People like the people on this board are in the minority. they may or may not desire for us to do what we do, but IMO they put up with it because it generates more business and more publicity for them when we tell friends, family, neighbors, etc. what good deals we get there.

Just my opinion, but they are not a stupid corporation, they are very well versed in marketing and are implementing their plan quite well. Take a look at their stock compared to the other drug stores.

When their sales goals and profit margins are impacted enough by what we are doing, then they will modify their program accordingly.

That was the macro scale version of my opinion.

On a micro scale, we should all be aware that what we are doing can and does have an impact on the other shoppers, employees, managers, etc. of our local stores and should mitigate our need for greed accordingly so as to perpetuate the madness as long as possible.

FANTASTIC!!!
:worship:

Hope to see you posting around the CVS forums more often since you are new to SD's

amarisma 01-13-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeaglesDoItBetter (Post 9715465)
here is my 2 cents on the stacking issue...
i have a very coupon friendly store. i have been regularly going there since March of last year. The store takes expired coupons, expired ECB's, will push things through on occasion, etc. Most of the cashiers are friendly, and know me well. I have been "welcomed" more times then I can count.
In the beginning of my CVS-ing I stacked coupons. A lot. I'd have a $50 order and use 2 $10/50 (a CRT and an internet printout); a $5/30, a $4/20, a $2/10--- $26 of a $50 order. My cashier(s) were always nice and always took them. Until one day. The cashier I really like told me that corporate saw what was happening. They sent down a memo, which went to the district manager, which went to the store manager. She got a warning. Someone else was fired (not b/c of me... there were several other reasons and other coupon abuse).
So yes. Some stores may allow this. Some stores may even "encourage" it for a time. But in the long run, it is not good business, and common sense says that a store can not afford to give away $26 on a $50 order. So, if you do this, you may be able to do it for weeks, months, etc. But eventually, someone somewhere will likely put a stop to it. And along the way, you may very well get someone in trouble. Or, eventually, not be welcome at a certain CVS because you are known as the person who got warnings handed out with your coupon use.
In addition, there is the concept of the "sd-affect." In the beginning, perhaps a few people took advantage of stacking. Now, it is public knowledge everywhere, on SD, on other forums, etc. More and more people are starting to do it. Just like with a price mistake, if one person orders 1 the company is a lot more likely to allow it than if 100 people order 100, etc.
So, while everyone has to do what they are personally comfortable with, corporate or people reviewing receipts are a lot more likely to take notice of an order with $26 in coupons off of $50 then, say, 5 separate orders using the same "welcome" coupon (since the specific type of coupon doesn't show on the receipt anyway) and they are a lot more likely to put a stop to large orders which use a lot of the same coupon than to small repeated orders which take $4 off here or there, allowing them to still make money on the transaction.

Well said. My CVS is pretty coupon friendly as well but I try not to "overdo" it. Since I shop there on a weekly basis, the cashiers and the managers know me are amazed at how much I can save. I use multiple dollar off coupons as long as my original total adds up to the total of the coupons (ie. with a $75 total, a $10/50, $5/15, $2/10). By the time, I add in manufacturer coupons, crts and other CVS coupons, my total is very low and use ECBs and a gift card from a transfer prescription. When it's all said and done, I earn back most of my ECBs and recycle them the following week. I am especially loving all the ECBs deals this month as there are plenty of manufacturer coupons to make them an even better deal.

ilikemodsalot 01-13-2008 03:14 PM

I think that all should be aware of one more piece of the puzzle.

Up until sometime last year, when an ECB offer was met, the cardholder was able to go online and print out their ECB's from their home computer.

These printouts looked somewhat similar to the $/$$ coupons that we have been receiving lately in our email.

It does not take a genius to realize that some of the cashiers had been under the impression for quite some time that these $/$$ coupons that were sent out were the same as the old printed ECB's. They did not understand that they were not earned by their customers, rather just printed out. Some still do not understand this. I know because I asked a few of them not so directly, but I am sure this is the case.

As time goes on, some do understand better and adjust their acceptance accordingly. For some, it is just a temp. job until they move on, for others, CVS will be their career. We need to respect that and not abuse their trust.

It benefited many of us for quite a while that they did not understand, but as time goes forward, they will all understand the coupon policy. Now that they do understand, we need to realize that as time passed, there were put in place consequences for the cashiers who either willingly or not violated their managers or shift supervisors decisions regarding the use of these coupons.

This will require us to work a bit harder to put together a net zero or profitable purchase, but it is not impossible, simply more time consuming.

The goose that laid the golden egg has not been slain yet, so we can all help to protect her a while longer if we use common sense, and if that isn't available, use whatever sense you have. If you have none, you probably won't last long in this game anyways.

If you don't care about the livelihood of these people, what is said here won't matter anyway.

boocvs 01-13-2008 04:05 PM

Does anyone have a new prescription coupon? I need to fill a couple of scripts so any info I will definitely rep. Thanks.

MyFeetHurt 01-13-2008 04:25 PM

Ilikemodsalot: I'm not gonna quote all you said cause it would obviously take up a lot of room...BUT, I'm so glad you posted your views on this because you have made some great points and great sense!!!
Bravo, I say, Bravo:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

JeepShot 01-13-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemodsalot (Post 9723697)

CVS has been like this for at least 3 years. The really old time CVSer's can reminice about the diaper deal days.

If you went on a week that diapers were BOGO, You could make out like a bandit. If you used coupons properly, no stacking you could get something like 14 packs of diapers for $3.xx but you had to go to CVS 4 times that week because you needed a coupon that took 48 hours after the transaction to print.

CVS does allow it for marketing. I tell my friends I got a killer deal at CVS, they don't coupon but they think cvs may have good prices because I shop there. My group of friends know if they need a deal, call me up.

We at slickdeals are the minority of CVS shoppers. Every time I go in, there are people buying cartfulls of stuff at close to full price, but because they get a couple ECB's back they are happy campers.

skibumintahoe 01-13-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemodsalot (Post 9723941)
If you don't care about the livelihood of these people, what is said here won't matter anyway.

Mean people suck.

At least that's what my bumper sticker says.

Then again, that is right next to a Mr. Hanky one.

luvthedeals 01-13-2008 06:01 PM

Deleted

mu4120 01-13-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvthedeals (Post 9725701)
Hi Again~

After some googling online, I found the coupon I saw for sale on Ebay--

Here is a link to it (hope its ok to do that)

http://cvscoupons.pbwiki.com/f/$2...iption.jpg

Hope it helps someone!!

I saw on another thread that this coupon doesn't work. Anyone have any experiences using it???? From what I understand it will not scan . . .

ilikemodsalot 01-13-2008 06:28 PM

It is a scan. It was sent to someone by snailmail. It was not intended to be scanned in, printed and used by others.

Informational purposes only.

It has been deleted by the mods many times. I'm tired of modalerting it myself.

e4cisco 01-13-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvthedeals (Post 9725701)
Hi Again~

After some googling online, I found the coupon I saw for sale on Ebay--

Here is a link to it (hope its ok to do that)

http://cvscoupons.pbwiki.com/f/$2...iption.jpg

Hope it helps someone!!

How can we use this when it has that little thing in the corner "hosted by pbwiki"?

e4cisco 01-13-2008 06:37 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the 5/15 will work for 2 weeks after today?

luvthedeals 01-13-2008 06:38 PM

I deleted it-Sorry, I was so excited to finally share something useful too:O

Anyway, strangely, if you do a search on ebay for CVS coupon, you will see that this exact same coupon is for sale on there by what looks like a reputable seller, and the seller told me they are "printed from email" so I really don't see what the difference would be if you got them on ebay or printed them out---

Sorry again for posting something wrong!

DealLurker 01-13-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boocvs (Post 9724466)
Does anyone have a new prescription coupon? I need to fill a couple of scripts so any info I will definitely rep. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you. The pharmacists at my CVS said they received word from corporate about the 6/08 coupon being fraudulent. The prices for the $25 Gift cards on fleabait are too expensive.

lasthopes 01-13-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmomof2 (Post 9723564)

I have TWo of those really great cvs's near me! So, my only question ~ Since one of us on these threads is bound to be the other "coupon lady":bounce: ~ what state are you in?

misterknight 01-13-2008 06:51 PM

IMHO, this is an interesting thread about using coupons.

What about the CVS store abuse or mis-use of coupons?

When cvs offers to the public a $50 off coupon for the glucose meters
then they should be obliged to accept that coupon according to the law for false advertising. During the past three weeks at several different times and at several different cvs stores they refused to accept the $50 off coupon for one single purchase. They said the item was already on sale. IMHO that is coupon mis-use and false advertising.

UsedtoBeHidn 01-13-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2d2 (Post 9726326)

then they should be obliged to accept that coupon according to the law for false advertising. During the past three weeks at several different times and at several different cvs stores they refused to accept the $50 off coupon for one single purchase. They said the item was already on sale. IMHO that is coupon mis-use and false advertising.

I can definately understand your frustration as this also happened previously in the case of the Nova Max. Unfortunately there is little you can do regarding this situation except try another store and hope for the best.

MyFeetHurt 01-13-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e4cisco (Post 9726162)
Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the 5/15 will work for 2 weeks after today?

I directed you here and you still haven't had much luck so I'll try to answer this.
-The coupon expired today.
-Some stores will take expireds up til 2 weeks after the exp. date or when they beep when scanned
-Some stores won't take any expireds at all, won't even try to scan it.
It's all depends on your store...hence YMMV
If they won't try to scan it, just accept that as their policy

Hope that helps you

MistyQ 01-13-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryccc (Post 9726236)
Don't know if anyone has posted this but got this in a welcome email.
http://www.extracarerewards.com/w...10408R.gif

All anyone has to do is go on the CVS website and sign up a new email account (left side of the page - go to link for "Sign up for email offers $4.00 off", and you will get a "Welcome" email. You can create numerous free email accounts on hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc. You will also get different CVS coupons sent to these email accounts depending on if you sign up various Extra Care cards to go with the email address or not.

312mom 01-13-2008 07:07 PM

Will there be new $5 off of $15 and $2 off of $15 since these expire today?

e4cisco 01-13-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFeetHurt (Post 9726419)
I directed you here and you still haven't had much luck so I'll try to answer this.
-The coupon expired today.
-Some stores will take expireds up til 2 weeks after the exp. date or when they beep when scanned
-Some stores won't take any expireds at all, won't even try to scan it.
It's all depends on your store...hence YMMV
If they won't try to scan it, just accept that as their policy

Hope that helps you

I guess I will have to take a chance - Sure will miss those 5/15's :wave:

donthvname 01-13-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2d2 (Post 9726326)

EXCEPT - they have this language - no other discount apply or something like that. In the ad in our area also said no other discount applied. The CVS own coupon is considered a discount. Manufacturer coupon is not.

Some managers would accept it some dont. The dont's actually go by the letter of the rules.

You can certainly choose to pay the full price, and then use the CVS coupon to adjust it down, even in coupon's full value. There are managers happy to do this too.

WBBell 01-13-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedNewShoes (Post 9724750)
We at slickdeals are the minority of CVS shoppers. Every time I go in, there are people buying cartfulls of stuff at close to full price, but because they get a couple ECB's back they are happy campers.

And this really is the overriding thought here. We can yak about superstacking and its pluses and minuses until the cows come home, but we are in the wee minority and we aren't affecting CVS's bottom line a bit.

CVS's prices are outrageous and there are tons of people who pay it without thinking twice. I saw a dude buy a 3 pack of plain white mens socks the other day and they cost something like 8.99 ... something that he could've gotten at Wal-Mart for 2.99, but did not, for whatever reason. Then you have the little old ladies who go in there to get their weekly prescriptions and buy 2 or 3 items that CVS has marked up 300% ... these people are the fuel that keeps CVS cooking. They get a $1.00 ECB here and there and get so excited, they think they just hit the jackpot. I've seen these people more times than I could count.

Fun facts - CVS had $11.94 billion in profit on $66.45 billion in the 12 months ended Sep 07. They are the #51 company in the Fortune 500 and the 3rd largest Food and Drug retailer in the 500 (behind Kroger #26 and Walgreen #44).

They'll be fine, trust me :)

vfnelson2 01-13-2008 09:33 PM

This is a coupon question and I use my Qs at CVS - I live in a small town and I don't always get all of the coupon inserts (grrr) that everyone gets. I live 2 hours north of Houston, but we get their paper. Would their paper have the better coupons in it, or will they likely have the same crap mine have. The redplum insert I had was mainly all crappy ads and only a few coupons. I didn't have the peanut butter, mayo and some other Qs others talked about. That stinks...

I am wondering if I subscribed to the Houston paper if I would get better Qs.

Thanks!

Vicki

mu4120 01-13-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBBell (Post 9727993)
And this really is the overriding thought here. We can yak about superstacking and its pluses and minuses until the cows come home, but we are in the wee minority and we aren't affecting CVS's bottom line a bit.

CVS's prices are outrageous and there are tons of people who pay it without thinking twice. I saw a dude buy a 3 pack of plain white mens socks the other day and they cost something like 8.99 ... something that he could've gotten at Wal-Mart for 2.99, but did not, for whatever reason. Then you have the little old ladies who go in there to get their weekly prescriptions and buy 2 or 3 items that CVS has marked up 300% ... these people are the fuel that keeps CVS cooking. They get a $1.00 ECB here and there and get so excited, they think they just hit the jackpot. I've seen these people more times than I could count.

Fun facts - CVS had $11.94 billion in profit on $66.45 billion in the 12 months ended Sep 07. They are the #51 company in the Fortune 500 and the 3rd largest Food and Drug retailer in the 500 (behind Kroger #26 and Walgreen #44).

They'll be fine, trust me :)

CVS's prices is what kept me from shopping there for a LONG time. Then I started to find different coupons and combine coupons and now I'm there all the time. I agree there are a ton of people who go in and spend a ton of money on items they could have gotten cheaper elsewhere. I know my stepmom (who I am trying to get started on the coupons, but she continues to balk because she feels "bad" using the coupons) was bragging to me she got $8 in ECB from the last quarter spending. If you think about that, she spent $400 there in three months time and then wonders why she is broke. I can guarantee I spent a LOT less and got a lot more bang for my buck. Sure I might have a two year supply of toilet paper but at least I know I'm not going to have to run out some night because we used the last roll in the house.

In all actuality I have tried to get a lot of people to use different CVS coupons from family, to friends, to co-workers. I have even handed them out to people in line behind me when a coupon nazi has given me a hard time about having those coupons. I keep a lot of extras in my car and sometimes hand them out to people who say they are going there after work or something. Then later you find out they "forgot" to use them. CVS is making their money for sure - maybe not off me but from all these other people who don't take the time to look for deals and find coupons before walking in the door.

We are the minority and maybe with the battery deal they did get some new people to walk in the door and spend some money there. However some of us are in this for the long run. I know I am.

anjilynn 01-13-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfnelson2 (Post 9728128)
This is a coupon question and I use my Qs at CVS - I live in a small town and I don't always get all of the coupon inserts (grrr) that everyone gets. I live 2 hours north of Houston, but we get their paper. Would their paper have the better coupons in it, or will they likely have the same crap mine have. The redplum insert I had was mainly all crappy ads and only a few coupons. I didn't have the peanut butter, mayo and some other Qs others talked about. That stinks...

Can you get Houston's Sunday paper locally? (preferably @ CVS to use EB's,lol)
If so - buy two papers next Sunday, Houston and your usual paper. Take 'em home and compare the c/o's. You can tell almost any given week if it is a paper that has the good c/o's.

My local paper has the same boring c/o's you are talking about so I buy the Chicago Trib every week that includes c/o's. It is well-worth the extra .29 in EBs!! Local paper had no mayo, p.b., etc either but I got them in two Tribunes.
HTH

vfnelson2 01-13-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjilynn (Post 9728290)
Can you get Houston's Sunday paper locally? (preferably @ CVS to use EB's,lol)
If so - buy two papers next Sunday, Houston and your usual paper. Take 'em home and compare the c/o's. You can tell almost any given week if it is a paper that has the good c/o's.

My local paper has the same boring c/o's you are talking about so I buy the Chicago Trib every week that includes c/o's. It is well-worth the extra .29 in EBs!! Local paper had no mayo, p.b., etc either but I got them in two Tribunes.
HTH

My CVS doesn't sell newspapers. What's up with that??? I'd totally use my ECBs to buy them. I wish they sold Highlights magazine and a few other scrapbook magazines so I could get them free. :-)

Yeah, I was going to buy one of each and compare today, but I got called home and the one place I knew had the Houston paper was out. I went to the grocery store across the street - they only had the crappy local paper. Most places I stopped at only had the local paper. :(

Vicki

MyFeetHurt 01-13-2008 10:06 PM

One way to get extra inserts is to get friendly with your paper carrier. Tell them you'll give them a few bucks extra a month if they'll give you their leftover paper inserts. You can also go to some recycling centers and ask if you can look thru their bins.

abailey82 01-13-2008 11:57 PM

Can someone please post $4/$20 (text) in PDF format? Thanks ahead!

skibumintahoe 01-14-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

Vicki

don't have a houston link, but here's a Dallas link: http://newspaperads.dfw.com/ROP/Advertisers.aspx

Raezer 01-14-2008 03:48 AM

My thoughts on the whole coupon discussion is what ever the official policy of CVS is what should be followed here. So if it is official that stacking isn't allowed, then they shouldn't be allowed on posting about it in SD. If official policy says you can't use exp CVS coupons, then they shouldn't be posted. Pretty simple huh?

As for my personal opinion I don't like seeing peoples deals when they use stacking. It doesn't take a lot of thought to minus something from the total of a transaction, but it does take a lot of thought in maximizing your savings with MQ coupons, thats the deals I like to see, that is what helps me, as for people that want to super stack they can look at the people that post about their transaction that didn't stack and say, well if they can save that much then I can save even more by minius this and that with the $/$$.

LauryH 01-14-2008 05:18 AM

discounted newspaper subscriptions

Quote:

Thanks!

Vicki

I found this link through couponmom.com (a very good site in itself).

http://www.discountednewspapers.com/

RUBY"S MAMA 01-14-2008 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBBell (Post 9715230)
Let me try to give you the readers digest version of where we are today. Up until about November of last year, we had a few CVS threads on Hot Deals for each week of deals, and everyone got on there and analyzed, deconstructed, and discussed everything associated with that week. And yes, it was sort of cliquish (IMO! Don't PM me!). Then about Thanksgiving, CVS came out with the great Energizer coupon. It got its own thread. It had everything you needed in the wiki - and it did not require any "long term committment" as you did with the regular CVS ECB rolling. Get a pack of energizer batteries for 32 cents. Period. And people printed the coupon - over and over and over. Some claim to have used it hundreds of times.

I think a lot of the long time CVSers felt that this was the moment when the cat was let out of the bag, and the weird world of CVS became accessible to everyone. And certainly, the bean counters at corporate noticed the coupon being used 100,000's of times. Soon after, lots of individual deals started getting posted on Hot Deals. Around about the same time, some folks started discovering the concept of "super stacking". This practice had been acknowledged but usually not condoned in the old weekly threads, but now folks are posting all kinds of threads that required the super stacking and talking about how to coerce your cashier into doing it, and emailing corporate if they didn't do it, and so on.

What I think you see here is fear from the old-timers that CVS is going to take steps to reduce or shut down aspects of its couponing that contribute to the great deals. I would even go so far to speculate that this weekend's round of $/$$ coupons was a test to see what kind of usage they received. I don't ever recall a period of time where so many different $/$$ coupons have been available.

So, is it officially against the rules to super-stack? Yes. Do some stores allow it anyway? Yes. Do cashiers get in trouble for allowing super-stacking? It has been reported that they do, but we would never know. Is it wrong to super-stack? This can be debated endlessly (and certainly has been on this board) and there really is no right answer. Only your conscience can answer that question.

My personal opinion is that if you can find a store that allows it, then more power to you. My stores around here don't. If I had the ability to do it, I probably would.

The intent of CVS is clear. They didn't intend for folks to use 10 or 15 of these Q's all at once. No retailer with a shred of sense will give you 70 dollars worth of merch for free. It just doesn't make sense.

Hi, I agree with you. I feel that if you want to stack coupons,and the store takes it great. I wouldn't abuse this issue either. I personally found out about CVS with the battery thread,however thought it was a one time deal. As far as expired coupons, I personally won't get anyone in trouble by using them,even if they do last 2 weeks.
I also don't think CVS will stop the coupons, however they may make the register only to accept 1 or 2 for the whole order. I guess these coupons have been out for a couple of years now,so if CVS wanted to do something abourt it, then they would have.
Also, I feel if they stop it, then they wold probably go out of business.I never walked into a CVS before this. I always went to Walgreens.
I think that all the deals should just be on 1 post and not have a new post for every deal. And yes, the people on the website can get heated up and rude at times to others.
I just wouldn't do anything to make CVS stop these deals coming.
Don't abuse it that is.
This is just my opinion,.

bargain_dweller 01-14-2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBBell (Post 9715230)

Outstanding summary!

I have been a long time CVS'er (quietly), and this is excactly how I see it.

Before the battery coupon came out, I had never had an issue with coupons at CVS stores around me, even if I stacked. I have over 15 stores with-in a few minutes from work and home. Since the popularity of the CVS battery thread and popularity of the coupon stacking in recent weeks, all but 2 of the stores around me will no longer allow stacking.

Don't be nieve, and think that stores are not noticing the recent coupon usage/abusage.

This is my first reply in a CVS thread, mainly as I never wanted to bring a CVS thread to the top, and bring attention to it.Is this selfish? maybe but I never wanted to run the risk of the program getting to popular and CVS kill or change it. The information has always been here, people just didn't look. The CVS extracare program has been wonderful for me for a long time. I am afraid we are going to see some drastic changes to the program soon. My local stores are already changing.

Just my opinion.

Autumn. 01-14-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

To me, this clears up the issue.

I'm inclined to state that discussions of stacking will not be allowed, except in the scenario that is mentioned in the above post. In other words, if you have a $4/$20 and a $10/$50, then your total needs to be $70 in order to use both coupons.

Posts that mention using these coupons in conjunction with each other on a total that is $50 would not be allowed. Does this make sense? Do you all agree?

Just Peachy 01-14-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Raddish (Post 9730672)

I'm inclined to state that discussions of stacking will not be allowed, except in the scenario that is mentioned in the above post. In other words, if you have a $4/$20 and a $10/$50, then your total needs to be $70 in order to use both coupons.

Posts that mention using these coupons in conjunction with each other on a total that is $50 would not be allowed. Does this make sense? Do you all agree?

:iagree:

Raezer 01-14-2008 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachyum (Post 9730719)

Aye, Aye, This Newbie Agrees :P

hawaiiandawn 01-14-2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

I completely understand why. And NOT discussing stacking is fine with me. However, I think that calling stackers shoplifters and all the other negative comments shouldn't be allowed either. :nod:

Tornadoredcabby 01-14-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiiandawn (Post 9730818)
I completely understand why. And NOT discussing stacking is fine with me. However, I think that calling stackers shoplifters and all the other negative comments shouldn't be allowed either. :nod:

And saying anything bad about mods shouldn't be allowed either :D

hawaiiandawn 01-14-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornadoredcabby (Post 9730922)

And saying anything bad about mods shouldn't be allowed either :D

:dontknow: What are you talking about?

Tornadoredcabby 01-14-2008 07:00 AM

Lets call a spade a spade, thats all

hawaiiandawn 01-14-2008 07:04 AM

You quoted me. It sounds like you are insinuating that I talked bad about a mod. Which is simply not true.

If there's another explanation please give it. Or quit quoting me. :)

malcfp 01-14-2008 07:06 AM

Quote:

At the risk of getting stoned to death, I DO NOT AGREE!

Isn't this a "discussion forum"? Shouldn't we be free to discuss issues and share ideas, even when other people disagree? This is the United States of America, isn't it? So unless by the act of discussing the topic (stacking in this instance) we are committing a crime, I think it should be allowed. Discussing something which may be unethical, immoral, or illegal, is not wrong. Some people think abortion is unethical and/or immoral. Should a woman be forbidden to let someone else know she had an abortion? Stealing is illegal. Should a person be forbidden to tell someone else he stole something? Should he be forbidden to discuss how he stole it? Of course not. Clearly the laws of the USA allow for these types of discussions, except in a few limited situations, which are also questionable. If you start deleting discussions on a certain topic because it causes some people to be uncomfortable, what's next? Someone in a post above mentioned getting a newspaper from an area outside of his/her residence in order to get better coupons. Well, if the coupon distributors wanted that person to get those other coupons, they would have put those coupons in the newspaper that covers that person's area of residence. Maybe we should forbid discussions of ways to get additional coupons. After all, isn't that just another way of beating the system?

I was going to let everyone know that Publix supermarkets has a manufacturer's coupon for Orville Redenbacher popcorn in their circular this week ($1.00 off two boxes, which will match up really nicely with the Orville Redenbacher popcorn ECB deals at CVS), but since this coupon is in a Publix circular, it obviously was intended only to be redeemed at Publix supermarkets. And of course, I wouldn't want anybody to get these coupons and actually use them at CVS. Because then Orville Redenbacher and Publix may stop issuing coupons and CVS may stop accepting manufacturers coupons. So I've changed my mind and decided not to mention this to anyone. More coupons for me!

I'm sorry. I don't mean to come across as a jerk (although I really am one sometimes), but come on, as much as a few people within this forum believe it does, the world doesn't revolve around us. . .

Tornadoredcabby 01-14-2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiiandawn (Post 9731038)
You quoted me. It sounds like you are insinuating that I talked bad about a mod. Which is simply not true.

I was drawing a comparison that it is equally stupid that one should not be able to speak bad about superstackers as it would be to say you can't voice your opinion about a mod. Did not mean to insinuate that you said something bad about a mod, would not want to get the mods mad at you :look:

malcfp 01-14-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiiandawn (Post 9731038)

Hey Hawaiindawn,

I may be wrong (again), but I think you and tornadoredcabby are on the same page. When I read his/her post I got the impression it was in agreement with you. In other words, the message is, if we're going to ban discussions of stacking, then there are a hundred other topics we need to ban as well. Where does it end? And for the record, I agree with you.

hawaiiandawn 01-14-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcfp (Post 9731170)
Hey Hawaiiandawn,

I may be wrong (again), but I think you and tornadoredcabby are on the same page. When I read his/her post I got the impression it was in agreement with you. In other words, the message is, if we're going to ban discussions of stacking, then there are a hundred other topics we need to ban as well. Where does it end? And for the record, I agree with you.

:wave2: Hey there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornadoredcabby (Post 9731102)
I was drawing a comparison that it is equally stupid that one should not be able to speak bad about superstackers as it would be to say you can't voice your opinion about a mod. Did not mean to insinuate that you said something bad about a mod, would not want to get the mods mad at you :look:

No need for such a comparison. I never said any such thing. :shake:

Tornadoredcabby 01-14-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiiandawn (Post 9730818)

:confused:

But I digress, lets talk coupons.

hawaiiandawn 01-14-2008 07:27 AM

Wow. Just. Wow. I bolded the part I didn't say and you quote the part I did say. :)

Sweet_Tara03 01-14-2008 07:33 AM

I have a question about the multi-packs on sale this week and how to use coupons. For example on the colgate 3 pack, can I use 3 manufacturer's coupons or just one? TIA.

Tornadoredcabby 01-14-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiiandawn (Post 9731316)
Wow. Just. Wow. I bolded the part I didn't say and you quote the part I did say. :)

Wow I was comparing what you said with where the slippery slope could take us.
Nevermind :sleepy:

LuvSavnMoola 01-14-2008 07:35 AM

I believe, that stacking should be allowed to be discussed--perhaps just not allowing stacking scenarios to be posted, as not all can benefit from them.

I try to not post anything about stacking anymore, as it just upsets too many people. It doesn't bother me either way, just wanted to submit my 2 cents.

Tornadoredcabby 01-14-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Tara03 (Post 9731391)
I have a question about the multi-packs on sale this week and how to use coupons. For example on the colgate 3 pack, can I use 3 manufacturer's coupons or just one? TIA.

Likely only one, but some have had luck with some of the other multi packs.

AMDGD 01-14-2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

My understanding is that you can use one CVS and one Manu. on a product. This is counted as one product.

Maybe, a more experienced SDer can confirm or correct me on that.

chllnast 01-14-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMDGD (Post 9731426)
My understanding is that you can use one CVS and one Manu. on a product. This is counted as one product.

Maybe, a more experienced SDer can confirm or correct me on that.

this is correct..I have seen where multiple manuf Qs beep. but u can try ur luck with the multi-packs..my take on it is thats its gonna beep.

appleyum 01-14-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcfp (Post 9731074)

Isn't this a "discussion forum"? Shouldn't we be free to discuss issues and share ideas, even when other people disagree? This is the United States of America, isn't it? So unless by the act of discussing the topic (stacking in this instance) we are committing a crime, I think it should be allowed. Discussing something which may be unethical, immoral, or illegal, is not wrong. Stealing is illegal. Should a person be forbidden to tell someone else he stole something? Should he be forbidden to discuss how he stole it? Of course not. Clearly the laws of the USA allow for these types of discussions, except in a few limited situations, which are also questionable. If you start deleting discussions on a certain topic because it causes some people to be uncomfortable, what's next?

I'm sorry. I don't mean to come across as a jerk (although I really am one sometimes), but come on, as much as a few people within this forum believe it does, the world doesn't revolve around us. . .

http://forums.slickdeals.net/faq.php?faq=slickdeals_legal#faq_slickdeals_rules
Quote:

Do not discuss how to perform, elude capture, or profit from illegal activities.
Same reason we are not allow to post or discuss how to download illegal software/music.

Ultimately Mr Slickdeals, owner of this site, gets to decide what goes on here.

chllnast 01-14-2008 08:26 AM

if its ok with everyone, like to post a few manuf coupons that could be used when shopping at CVS.

1. Nivea @3 off coupon

thanks surprisesaver

2. $2 Honey brunches coupon

thanks blink1822

I felt that since most of us are immersed in the CVS threads, we may lose sight of valuable $$ off coupons posted on SD.

lasthopes 01-14-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chllnast (Post 9732093)
if its ok with everyone, like to post a few manuf coupons that could be used when shopping at CVS.

1. Nivea @3 off coupon

thanks surprisesaver

2. $2 Honey brunches coupon

thanks blink1822

I felt that since most of us are immersed in the CVS threads, we may lose sight of valuable $$ off coupons posted on SD.

I can't get that nivea to print, it says document failed?

chllnast 01-14-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasthopes (Post 9732238)
I can't get that nivea to print, it says document failed?

I printed both just a few minutes back, that two twice using the back button...no issues

misterknight 01-14-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Raezer 01-14-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcfp (Post 9731074)

*sigh* Arn't you going a little over board here? Cussing up a storm isn't illegal either but how this form is run doesn't go along with the laws of America is goes by how SD wants to run it. I am just personally tired of seeing the scenarios of the stacking, like I said before it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to minus a few bucks off a transaction, what I find more interesting is the people that can get as much ECB back as they spend only using one $/$$ and MQ, now that takes thought.

Its up to SD what they want to do, but I figure if they want to go by what store policy say on this stuff, well we know the answer to it already don't we.

chllnast 01-14-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raezer (Post 9732331)
*sigh* Arn't you going a little over board here? Cussing up a storm isn't illegal either but how this form is run doesn't go along with the laws of America is goes by how SD wants to run it. I am just personally tired of seeing the scenarios of the stacking, like I said before it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to minus a few bucks off a transaction, what I find more interesting is the people that can get as much ECB back as they spend only using one $/$$ and MQ, now that takes thought.

Its up to SD what they want to do, but I figure if they want to go by what store policy say on this stuff, well we know the answer to it already don't we.

very true...my suggestion to all...if you used to super stack and have generated a healthy stack of ECBs..start rolling them the right way and put an end to your stacking...this way you can make amends for super stacking, and allow CVS to get your business and at the same time you're deriving the required mileage from the whole deal and everyone continues to love CVS for all the right reasons.

just my two cents !!

skibumintahoe 01-14-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Summary:?

It is "officially" against CVS rules to stack. Example: To use a $4/$20 and a $10/$50 on the same order, the combined purchase must be $70.

Posts mentioning the use of coupons in conjunction with each other but not in this manner will not be allowed.

nyclegend20@aol 01-14-2008 10:05 AM

i need a valid $5 off $15 coupon
please
pm it thnx

ilikemodsalot 01-14-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyclegend20@aol (Post 9733564)
please
pm it thnx

I can email it, but can't PM yet, please post your email here in the thread and I will send one ASAP.

chllnast 01-14-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyclegend20@aol (Post 9733564)
please
pm it thnx

the only valid one expired yesterday...and you can find it in the wiki of the coupon thread.

skibumintahoe 01-14-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chllnast (Post 9733898)
the only valid one expired yesterday...and you can find it in the wiki of the coupon thread.

Expireds have been removed. But there are indeed ways to get them if the FAQs are read.

SRM 01-14-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

CVS has been like this for at least 3 years. The really old time CVSer's can reminice about the diaper deal days.

If you went on a week that diapers were BOGO, You could make out like a bandit. If you used coupons properly, no stacking you could get something like 14 packs of diapers for $3.xx but you had to go to CVS 4 times that week because you needed a coupon that took 48 hours after the transaction to print.
Ahhh. YES. Those were "the days." :D

SRM 01-14-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

:woot:

slayers750 01-14-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Raddish,

First of all I really like how you are taking the opinions of everyone before making up policy here on the new forum, this is really helping out a lot and keeping the discussion here very civilized.

As for stacking, it has come time and necessary to start doing what you mentioned. This is because we have a lot of new people here to CVS and a lot of stores do not allow stacking.

I for one do not really bother to read order scenarios that involve super stacking -- because this excludes a lot of people from being able to participate. An order that is well thought out and doesn't involve super stacking are the ones I read, because they are the ones that most people can do without any problems and what I consider to truly be an SD.

Nothing is more frustrating than to be new person and see a person stack a whole lot of $x/$xx without meeting the minimum threshold of each $x/$xx and then realize you can't do it because your store will not allowing this type of stacking (because they are following CVS "policy" on this).

As for this, "In other words, if you have a $4/$20 and a $10/$50, then your total needs to be $70 in order to use both coupons." -- That is the official policy of the West LA / Santa Monica region.

Keep in mind the super stacking is often not just store to store, but often from shift to shift, and cashier to cashier.

Abuse of this will lead to the end of $x/$xx together, also there are rumors that CVS is using new software to limit the number of times you may use $x/$xx coupons on one card in a certain time frame (i.e. 24 hours).

At this time, I recommend this topic stay open for discussion for a while longer (so that people who are still working and busy) can chime in on this topic.

Also, there are still some regular members of this board who have been here longer than I have -- If you can please state your opinion here, it would be much appriciated.

slayers750 01-14-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

You can only use one coupon on the multi-pack. This is because the register will see this as 1 item. If you try to use a 2nd colgate coupon on this item, the coupon will beep and tell the cashier "COUPON LIMITED EXCEEDED" (trying to force a 2nd manufacturer's coupon into the slot occupied by the multi-pack) OR "ITEM NOT SOLD" (register thinks you have not bought more than 1 colgate).

As a rule, please do NOT tell your cashier to force this coupon through -- this is because any coupon forced through is tracked. Also, I have been told that any coupon that does not scan through, the store will not be reimbursed.

Also FYI:

If you have a manufacturer coupon for $1 off 2 boxes of Cheerios and try to buy just 1 multi-pack (containing 2 boxes) the coupon will also beep. You then need to buy a second multi-pack to for the coupon to go through.

HTH.

JeepShot 01-14-2008 12:45 PM

Slayers -- read the "email" I just posted in the wiki.

chllnast 01-14-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayers750 (Post 9736017)
Also FYI:

If you have a manufacturer coupon for $1 off 2 boxes of Cheerios and try to buy just 1 multi-pack (containing 2 boxes) the coupon will also beep. You then need to buy a second multi-pack to for the coupon to go through.

HTH.

Yes I remember when I bought the Nature's valley ECB offer, even though they were multi packs, I had picked up 2 of the multi packs to use the $$ off coupon since it mentioned that it was for a purchase of 2 packs.

schnauzermomma 01-14-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

I agree. I know most of you don't want to hear it, but there are other sites that are much more strict on what they allow to be posted than SD.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, in comparison to the others.

P.S. Thanks to slayers for encouraging me to come and share my view. And to the Raddish, for really trying to hear what we're telling him.

lorip1988 01-14-2008 12:53 PM

Hello all...this is my frist post on here :o)
This is not really what I wanted my first post to be, but I can't bite my lip anymore on this super stacking thing. I am a Super stacker BUT, I only do ONE trip per week...it is very welcomed and encouraged from everyone that works there. Some of you have gone as far as to call this stealing, and to be frank...that is quite harsh for those of us who are allowed to do this...my store also takes all Expired CVS coupons, AND Expired ECB's as well. I have spoke with both Managers to make sure this was OK. Some of you call this Abuse of coupons, but what do you call it when you make many trips to CVS in one day?????
Bottom line...DON'T judge those of us who ARE allowed to do this just because you can't!!!!!!!!!!! That is unfair....I don't judge those of you who make multiple trips in the same day because I only make one per week. It is up to each person on here to find out his or her's coupon Policy at THEIR own store.

JeepShot 01-14-2008 12:57 PM

CVS Policy:
Quote:

Dear Ms. Jen:

Thank you for taking the time to contact CVS/pharmacy with your inquiry regarding CVS/pharmacy coupon policies and proceedures. I hope that the following information will help to clarify things for your group.

We value our savvy coupon shoppers at CVS/pharmacy. As of June 2007 however, we are no longer accepting expired coupons.

Like many companies, we cheerfully reset expired coupons for many years to accommodate our wonderful customers. The recent change in proceedure can only be attributed to loss prevention.

CVS/pharmacy will accept coupons printed from the Internet.

They must have a legible barcode that scans at the register.

If the coupon does not scan at the register, the cashier should politely inform you that we are unable to accept your coupon. We do not allow manual overrides at the register for coupons printed from the Internet.

Our registers are set to allow 1 CVS coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item. However, the staff should be allowing customers to use Extra Bucks in combination with other CVS coupons since these are coupons you have “earned.”

In addition, similarly they should be allowing the use of “offer at the register” coupons which would be an open offer of $3 off of $15 or a certain dollar amount off of a specific item.

Since our registers are programmed to only accept 2 coupons (1 CVS, 1 manufacturer) per item if the number of coupons exceed the items purchased a member of management will need to assist the cashier in processing the coupons.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

But once again, I thank you for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Jessica